New Home

By katnisssss

HOME - the best place you could ever be; the place you can call yours. What if it's new? Was it still right t... More

NEW HOME
Chapter 1: The Beginning...
Chapter 2: The Happening...
Chapter 3: It's just a dream...
Chapter 4: Move on? So hard.
Chapter 5: I hate them!
Chapter 6: A new friend comes along...
Chapter 7: The Realization
Chapter 9: Promises are meant to be broken ...
Chapter 10: Wrecked Heart
Chapter 11: Lonesome Christmas
Chapter 12: Failure
Chapter 13: HIS death
Chapter 14: Search for a new home
Chapter 15: More bad luck!
Chapter 16: Meeting Sir Magno!
Chapter 17: Attempt
Chapter 18: Emotional HIM.
Chapter 19: Heart to heart talk
Chapter 20: The Saviour...
Chapter 21: Trisha's Family
Chapter 22: My name is Riley, not Trisha!
Chapter 23: Losing Home
Chapter 24: Be nice!
Chapter 25: New Apartment...
Chapter 26: And that's final!
Chapter 27: The Purpose...
Chapter 28: My Education...
Chapter 29: Painting
Chapter 30: His Declaration
Chapter 31: I need to... so bad!
Chapter 32: Closure
Chapter 33: Adopt me...
Chapter 34: New Home?
Chapter 35: Epilogue

Chapter 8: The Realization (PART 2)

34 9 0
By katnisssss

Few days had passed, few weeks, few months. It's getting longer. I'm advancing with my assignment to move on. And right now, I can say I'm already good.

All Souls Day reminisces what happened. But it's also the way where I must let go of things. I'm not saying I'm forgetting my family. Dad, Mom and Josh are my life and that will never change. Or should I have to? They were my life and will always be, but I have a new family now. I just have to be considerate with them.

"How would you like to spend our Christmas?" she inquires during the time we're decorating the tree. First time that I have to spend the yuletide season with my grandparents. I don't know how it's gonna be, but I'll be happy no matter what.

"White? Or maybe red?" I joke. I want to witness some snow during my younger years but today, just... to let things chill?

"I believe we must stick to the usual." blurted by my Grandpa who's sitting relaxed on the newly covered couch while watching an action movie on the signal.

Grandma scowled at him and then just continue on working. She whispers, "Maybe we can deal with that next year."

I smiled.

--

Three days before Christmas. I haven't had any gifts yet for them, maybe I'll consider buying them some. I just don't have some cash. Maybe I could ask at them. Or atleast just promise to give back the money I have to lend. Or... I just send out my paintings away?

I think I'll be much comfortable with the third option.

"Do you want me to help you? I'm good at making some market." Ate Rosa suggested when I asked for her permission to leave the house for the moment. She's the only person I told about my plan. My grandparents were out making a lot of business dealings, especially for this season. And I just don't want to give them a hint about the idea I have.

I held for a glass of water and by the time I swallowed the remaining pinch, I told her, "Thanks, Ate Rosa, but no thanks. I can deal with it."

I took all my paintings and some canvasses, paintbrushes and paint colors and almost on my way to the front door when she smirked at me. "Just don't forget some gift for me, okay?"

I giggled but give up anyway. So I whisper, "Okay."

 --

So where should I stable my stall?

I ended up bringing my works at the park. The whole scenery will make me inspired with the paintings I'm actually interesting to do while waiting for some buyers. This place wasn't enough to bring up customers but I just chose to be here. It's way relaxing and definitely, a good start for my outdoor experience.

I haven't tried painting outdoors, I usually do my works inside my room, by which, makes my paintings entirely a creation of my mind.

"How much is this magnificent work?" an old man asked with a piece of metal he's holding to support him from standing and walking. He's just staring at the painting - which is an abstract one. I can see his eyes glaring at it and no doubt, he's really serious about asking such question.

"Php 500.00." I answered showing some smile.

"This isn't worth such price."

I stared at him and back to the painting. Is it really worth that much? Are my works not really valued the certain amount? Maybe Josh is right,. My masterpieces were not really look like one but rather a trash. 

"That's too low for this alluring piece of work. Let me handed you the just amount for that." he continued then handed me Php 10,000.00 cash.

I can't reply him. I am lack of words.

When he heard a complete silence, he released a huge sigh, "I know it's too small, it's the only cash I have for the moment. I could go back to give you some check and--"

"No sir--". I cut.

"Please, call me Danilo" he insisted

I nodded. "It's actually too much. I can't accept something that big. My work isn't that great to be rewarded with the certain value." I continued with a lot of smirking to every words I said. I mean, I'm not a really prominent painter to obviously, have that amount.

He looked at me, stared, shocked "Are you doubting your ability, miss?"

I shut my mouth. I didn't laugh nor talk to him. I stayed mute.

"If you can create more of these beautiful paintings, I can provide you millions and billions of those (pointing to the bills he handed to me earlier). Or I could help you produce your own show. Which of those would you like?"

"Ahmm?"

"For now, I want to have this one. My wife would be delighted to have this in our room. She loves painting so much. She used to paint too but right now, she's in comma."

I'm amazed. This old man is willing to issue such big amount for the happiness of his wife. 

I still didn't say anything until he manages by himself and even jokes, "I'll see you again. Don't worry, the next time I stop by,  I'll bring more cash."

I smiled at him as he move few inches from me and my stall. 

Before he could go farther, "Danilo?"

He looked back. And I ran to his place holding a painting which is bigger than the one he holds. I reaches it to him. "Here, have this painting as well. It's my favorite, but I wanted to give this to your wife. Php 10,000.00 is too big for one painting, I rather suggest you pick two."

"Thank you..." he smiled

"Riley." I continued with his words.

"Thank you Riley! I'll see you again."

And then he's gone.

And then I realized, he sees positively in life. He's old and so is his wife and to the fact that she's in comma, there's no assurance she could still wake up. But he still hopes. Whereas, me, I've tried to push away, the people who loves me and was there when I needed someone to understand. I'm still lucky.

--

Few hours ended and I already sold half of my paintings. I guess it's already enough. 

I'm already packing my things when I heard Ate Rosa's voice screaming my name from a distance.

"RILEY! RILEY!"

"Ate Rosa?" I asked when she got nearer.

She sighed.

"Let's go! Your Grandma has been brought to the hospital. Heart attack."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 194 192
It would seem prudent to be somewhere else. One wheel turns again, whilst others never ceased. Who has eyes, and who has feet? Do such things possess...
43.9K 585 38
''Editing'' Charlie and Ross have been BFF's since years. But when her parents had to move. What will happen to them? Obviously they end up tearing a...
1.2K 41 30
This is my first Vampire story hope you enjoy. Its about a girl Riley who ran away from an orphanage. And turned into a vampire. And she falls in lov...
215K 5K 23
{Sorry about the grammar} Y/n live with her parents but life changes, she kill her mother because she hate her. She was sent to Asylum meeting all th...