never be the same

By janistonbullock

OS Darvey. Alternate 8x16. More

726 9 0
By janistonbullock

Harvey got away with Donna's help, because at the end, she chose him over Thomas.

*Knocks on Donna's door*

- Harvey, what are you doing here?

- Hey, Donna. He's standing at the door. - I just wanted to thank you for today. You didn't need to what you did.

- I only did what I thought was best for the firm. You don't have to thank me.

- Well, I'm doing it anyway.

There was an awkward silence fulfilling the space.

- You're not gonna invite me in?

- Last time I did that you said "not tonight".

- Good thing tonight is not that other night then.

- Well Harvey, the thing is... tonight I'm the one who can't. I was just heading out to see Thomas.

- But you're wearing pajamas.

- Ok Harvey, you got me. We broke up. Can you go now?

- No, Donna. I can't. My friend needs me. We can celebrate our win today and complain about life while we have drinks... or coffe. Come on! I miss my best friend.

- Fine. Come in.

...

They talked and laughed about work and random things for 2 hours, like buddies. Until suddenly Harvey changes the tone of the conversation.

- We really should do this more often, Donna. I don't know why we don't.

By that time, both of them had had enough drinks to say some things they might regret later.

- Well, I could think of some reasons.

Harvey takes her drink out of her hand and puts it on the table along with his. He moves closer to her, sitting side by side on the couch.

- You know what, Donna? I'm tired. I really am. I need to talk to you. About US.

Donna starts to feel uncomfortable but she knows she wants to hear what he has to say, even being a bit afraid of what that might be.

- Today i almost lost my license and.... I didn't care. I didn't care because you were there for me. And that made me realize... you're what really matters to me. Only you.

- Harvey...

- Let me finish. I'm tired of pretending I don't feel what i feel. I'm tired of being scared to risk everything. I'm tired of having to look at you only THIS way when I know and so do you that I am capable of looking at you THAT way. I really want you that way. I want you to be the person i wake up with every morning and go to sleep with every night. You're my safe haven, Donna. The only constant in my life..... is you. You were always there for me. In my best and worst moments. I recognize that now. God I'm such a fool. Why the hell did it took me so long to finally see that? You are the best of me.

Donna, at this point, is already combusting. Crying like she had never done.

- I'm a gambler. I wanna give this a chance. I wanna give US a chance.

She's speechless.

- I... I....

- Say something! Please!

- I can't, Harvey. I'm too mad to even think right now.

- Why? Did I do something wrong?

- Why? You're asking me why? Because you didn't have to right to say these things right now, Harvey. You just didn't.

He starts to tear up noticing the sadness on her voice.

- I'm sorry, Donna. I know that. But I couldn't help it. Do you have any idea how hard this was for me? To swallow my pride and finally come clean about my feelings?

- I do, Harvey. I actually do. But you had 13 years to say this. Do you know how hard it was for me to pretend I wanted to forget The Other Time just so we could keep working together?

- I didn't want to forget it either! I only said that because of your rule! You're goddamn stupid rule.

- Damn, Harvey. I would have broken my rule for you. It only existed because of you in the first place.

- How was I supposed to know that? I didn't wanna make you choose between a career and me.

- I get it. I guess we are both equally guilty, then.

She decides that prolonging the fight is worthless.

- It was my fault. I should have taken the risk 13 years ago. I'm sorry we're in this situation right now.

- It's ok. You know, the funny thing is.... I've only had 3 relationships since we met. Mark, who made me choose between you and him. And I chose you. Stephen, who turned out to be a murderer. And Thomas. He was perfect. Almost perfect. He liked me a lot I liked him too. He treated me well and made me feel special, took me out on dinners, movies, and .... but he only had one problem. He wasn't the man i loved. He wasn't you, Harvey. And that sucked. - She breaks down while saying everything that had been stuck in her throat for what felt like forever.

He didn't know what to say. He was only able to hug her as tight as he could. She just crawled into his arms like they were home.

They stayed like this for some time. Without saying a word. Just enjoying each other's heat. Harvey decides to break the silence:

- For the record, Donna. I love you, too.

She looks at him and he doesn't think twice before kissing her. It was a delicate but passionate kiss. But nothing more than that. He smiled and she smiled back. So he kept rubbing her hair smoothly until she fell asleep. And then he fell asleep too.

They had no idea how it was gonna be from now on. But both of them knew it would never be the same, since they'd finally admitted their feelings.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8M 239K 69
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
5M 325K 63
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
278K 1.2K 31
Wild passion, dark fantasies, unleashing a beast called lust. Find out how the trajectory of Audrey's life changed when she met a very high profile...
145K 84 14
You ready to make that pussy/dick wet?✋💀 ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊