PRETTYMUCH a Lie [n.m]

By tayloradurden

"Stop playing with me, you know I won't hesitate to take you right here on this counter." His eyes darkened w... More

Characters
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Eighty
Eighty-One
Eighty-Two
Eighty-Three
Eighty-Four
Eighty-Five
Eighty-Six
Eighty-Seven
Eighty-Eight
Eighty-Nine
Ninety
Ninety-One
Ninety-Two
Ninety-Three
Dedication
Sequel
A/N

Sixty-Six

162 15 2
By tayloradurden

Nick

The boys ordered a shit ton a pizza for dinner. I was still waiting on a text from Amelia seeing as how they should be landing sometime soon. They probably were beyond tired though. I went ahead and walked down the hall to my room and shut the door behind me. I had to get ready for dinner with Amelia's dad. I put on a semi-nice outfit that consisted of blue jeans and a button-up shirt with my air forces and headed downstairs.

"Where are you going looking all fancy," Edwin asked from the living room couch.

"He's got a date," Zion smirked.

"Nick, what the fuck?" Edwin asked, suddenly confused as hell that Amelia, my pregnant girlfriend, just left and I was going on a date.

"Chill Ed, it's a date with Amelia's father," Austin chuckled.

"You honestly think I would be going on a date with another girl? I don't go on 'dates' anyway," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Bro, yes you do," Zion added.

Well shit. I guess I actually do. Before Amelia, the girls used to chase me. The only two other 'real' relationships I've had, they mainly did all of the organizing. They put in the effort. It was nothing like it was with Amelia. I didn't want to put any effort. I mean, I was kind of a dick. I can't ever imagine being like that with Amelia.

I heard the muffled sound of an engine pulling into the driveway.

"See you guys," I waved while walking out of the front door. "Hey Mr. Parker," I smiled politely while climbing into his elevated truck.

"How are you doing?" he asked as he backed out of our driveway.

"Good, kinda hungry," I laughed.

"I know a place. Nice and quiet with good food," he replied.

Soon enough, we were pulling into a very fancy restaurant on the other side of town.

"Wow, I've only heard stories about this place," I said as I gazed at the dimly lit restaurant.

By stories, I meant stories of famous people and the paparazzi. Of course, I was famous too, but not as famous as say Miley Cyrus or Harry Styles.

"It's a really nice place. I graduated with a friend's wife that works here," he stated while letting the valet park his car.

We walked up to the front desk and waited in a short line.

"Yes, two for Parker. I spoke with Steve earlier," he stated sharply.

The young woman at the front scanned a paper on her desk and instantly widened her eyes.

"Oh yes, Mr. Parker, right this way," she jolted toward the menus nervously, grabbed two and started walking through the restaurant.

I followed behind Mr. Parker with a confused expression. He must know people or be fairly wealthy himself. Doctors made a decent amount of money, yes, but I would've never known he would dine in at a place like this.

"You two enjoy your dinner," she smiled at me with tinted red cheeks.

"Thank you," Mr. Parker stated kindly before sitting down and looking at me and continued, "As you can see, I am more than ready to spoil my daughter. In this case, her family as well." He picked up his menu and scanned it.

I was more than aware of that.

"I have already missed more of her life than I have ever wanted, and I am so thankful to have gotten the opportunity to meet her now and see the person that she has become," he elaborated and set his menu down and looked across the table at me.

I nodded along.

"We need to figure out a way that is in everyone's best interest, Amelia's, the baby's, yours and mine, to hopefully get her to move here. The only problem I am seeing so far is her schooling," he paused.

"I know. I've thought long and hard about that. But other than online classes, I don't see another way around it other than her transferring schools which I know she will be against," I explained.

He scratched his chin as our waiter approached our table. We ordered our drinks and continued our conversation.

"I mentioned to her that we have an open bedroom for her at my house. In the past year, I finally got my fiancé and her daughter to move in with me, but have always kept a room open for Amelia," he looked at me and crossed his hands on the table.

"If you don't mind me asking, why haven't you contacted her sooner? Did you ever plan to?" I asked in curiosity.

"I know you wouldn't see this coming from me, but I was scared. I didn't want her to hate me for what I was forced to do. I've hated myself for almost half of my life and I couldn't have her hate me as well," he said and looked down at the table.

"She could never hate you. She loves you," I encouraged, earning a sympathetic look from him.

He nodded at me and continued, "We need to get smart Nick."

That was exactly what we need to do. Her mother had already ruined a huge part of her life, I wanted to be able to be there for her. I wanted to give her everything that she deserved. I knew her father did too.

I wanted to give her the world. I wanted to give our baby the world.

Happy update!

It's almost the weeeeeekend. Thank god.

Vote and comment!

-Tay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 2.8K 82
A lovely big Prettymuch fan had nothing more in mind than to text her best friend letting her know one of the memebers were live. She goes on a PRETT...
48.8K 1.1K 30
You have decided that you have had enough with Atlanta and all the drama within it. You decide for your own good that you would move out to L.A. Prio...
2.9K 96 10
the boys have to add a sixth member which they aren't happy about at all. will they like their new member or end up hating her?
1.3M 10.9K 73
β€Ή ☼ ➢ 〝 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐒𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐑𝐨𝐭𝐒𝐜 γ€ž β€· π›π«πšπ§ππ¨π§ 𝐦𝐒𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐚π₯ π₯𝐞𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐚 β˜† ✧ 𝐞𝐝𝐰𝐒�...