Rose Spell : Book One of the...

By bravelyme

*This story is on going through really drastic changes so read at your own risk* "I look at myself horrified... More

Rose Spell {Book One of the Redrose Sisters}
Prologue Rose Spell
Chapter one : The Beginning
Chapter two: Getting To Know You
Chapter three: Meetings Disasters and Operation Beetles!
Chapter Four: A Unexplainable Explanation
Chapter Five: Answers, Confusion and More Drama.
Chapter Six : Without You
Chapter Seven: Farewell Letters, Leave or not Leave
Chapter Eight: Life is Full of Surprises
Chapter Nine: Upon a Dream
Chapter Eleven: When Reasons arent enough...
Chapter Twelve: Wolf Attack
Chapter Thirteen : What am I?

Chapter Ten : Liar Liar, Pants on Fire

80 11 0
By bravelyme

Chapter Ten : Liar Liar, Pants on Fire

"You know, it's very simple, I was galloping with my horse out in the woods, I was to mesmerised by the enchanting surroundings and we got ourself lost! That's all!"
I lie.

I'm doing that quite a lot now, if it's not me who's lying, then I'm the one being lied about.

"You still haven't tell me of what you where escaping of!" He exclaim, still not believing my excuse.

Think Beth think, what horses escape from....

Ha! That's easy.

"I thought everyone knew this, My horse saw a snake in attack position, you know how horses are frighten about them right?
Well she started running minutes after I hop off her.

I thought it was a root tree, not a snake, so I started looking for the snake, trying to calm her down however I heard growls and howls, I started searching everywhere and  when then I saw wolves following us, I started running very fast and then I felt down, that's all!" I lie again.

He wasn't that convince with my little story, that was for sure, but he let it go and decide to believe it, giving me a nod.

I sigh when I realise I didn't had to tell him the truth
I knew I couldn't let him know me that well, I don't know him either.
He could be a fugitive or on some type of gang. I shouldn't give information I didn't even share with my friend, Daniel.

My friend.

Is he even considered that way?
I still don't know why on my dreams it said I loved him, surely it was overreacting.

Love is such a big word, and you can't just feel it and say it as if you're saying the sky is blue.
I can't even say it at all. I think bitterly.

Yet, I still managed 'loving' him on my dreams. How?

I sigh, knowing I won't get any answer for now.

For a moment, confusion filled my brain, what was I thinking of him? I left him, I shouldn't be mourning about him nor dreaming about him. I should be focused on handsome guy here.

Wait, what was his name again?

"Excuse me, but I would like to know the name of the sir!" I say, very politely, gaining somewhat strength.

"Oh of course! Haha is incredible that I haven't tell you my name and neither have you! He stretch his hand and answer "Nathaniel, Prince"

To say I was shock would be an understatement, he clearly surprise me, saying he has royal blood.

Prince. He's a prince.
He's a prince? Oh my lord!
"So you aren't any fugitive or something?" I pout, really liking the thought to have some rebel friend. But then again, Daniel appeared in my mind.

Ugh! Just get out of my head!

Nathaniel's chuckle bring me back from my fantasies.
"I'm no delinquent if that's what you were thinking. " he smiles as I laugh slightly.

"So prince only?"

"Yep" he said popping the p.

"Well know that you have said it, I guess Is my turn" I stretch my hand and touch his as I've seen my father do when settling business and greeting some other royals. "Bethany, Princess"

He smile and give a quick kiss on my hand "it's a pleasure."

I thought I was going to blush, but I didn't. So to get on with the awkward silence I speak.

"So now that I have told you my story, is your turn now! What's a prince doing on the middle of the forest alone?"

I ask just the way he asked me, changing some words.

He smile and answer "Maybe another on another time"

oh but thats not fare! I cross my arms and pout as a child, I could see he's amuse by the situation so trying not to embarrass my more, I accept his dession and back off.
"may I ask you something?" he asks

"you had just asked!" I joke

he give me an -I'm serious- look and I nod.

"Are you going to return with your family? I mean they surely are worried! and you dont have any clothes, food, neither doublons!"

I don't? but I had packed all that where did I left it? then I remeber I was being follow by that man who wanted to kill me, surely i had left it all in the bag, and now Little Rose has it.

Where could she be right now? I just hope she's fine and maybe she had found the way home.

Then something flash in my mind.
The book.

The book was in the bag. The bag which is on my horse. And My horse is now gone.

What am I going to do now?

"Nathaniel?"

"Yes?" He eyes me with a raise eyebrow.

"How long was I out?"

I see him shift under his seat and turn his face down before coughing and staring directly at my eyes as answering.

"Three days"

My eyes open wide as I stand abruptly from the seat.
"What!"

Three days.

I was out three long days.

Three days that could've used in searching about my spell and the chances of my to love.

Three days that had been gone in such a waste.

I think, disgusted by myself and my non-responsible actions.
Who sleeps for three days?!

"Nathaniel, why didn't you woke me up?" I ask, trying to calm myself before my claws are out.

"I tried, I touched your neck to wake you but it somehow burned my hand, I stopped trying after the thirteenth time"

I frown as I hear closely his words.

My neck burned his hand.

My neck.

Burned his hand.

And then it finally click in.

My neck burned Nathaniel's hand!
Now that's not normal.

I touch my neck, trying to feel any harm or warmth, but it feels the same.

I pass my finger through the chains of my necklace and butterflies start spreading on my stomach.

My mind goes back where the man in the forest was pushed back because of some kind of radiation emitted from my neck.

Maybe that's what burned Nathaniel's hand.

My necklace.

I try taking it off but guilt spreads through me, giving me this feeling that if I do remove it, something bad would happen, and I really would not like the consequences.

I eye Nathaniel secretly before taking my fingers away from my neck and sighing.

"I apologise, I may not know how my neck burned your hand but I'm sorry the circumstance happened"

He smiles before leaving towards his room.

I stare at his back and watch him as he leaves.

I have lied, again.

I'm a liar. Just as how Daniel was. I whimper as my mind flew back towards the unwanted memories, as I shake them away. 

I get myself on thinking again what really matters here.

My spell.

Now, All I've got to do is to find My little rose, the bad this is, she could be everywhere!

But I have to search, I have to get my hands on that book again.

Who knows what that book in the wrong hands can cause.

But how can I leave?
I don't know if Nathaniel would let me.

However, I still can inspect the cabin.I'll look in every corner of this house to look all the books it has on it, And I'll not stop until searching and reading all of them!

Who knows, he may have something that does can help me?

For all I know, He can be a liar also.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122 2 23
This is my first book... :-) ...
29.3M 889K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
27.9M 637K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...
1.8K 179 58
She is standing in front of me with pure hatred in her eyes. "Please listen to me" I begged try to reach her. "Never, I don't trust you anymore. You...