Two Imperfect Halves of One C...

By lilyandreilly

Finn and Fionna are both going about their daily lives without knowing the other exists. That's probably beca... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3

Ch. 4

27 3 0
By lilyandreilly

~Fionna's POV~

Cake was cooking me a breakfast sandwich in the kitchen, while I stood in my bedroom packing extra socks and stuff for going to another universe. I was a little nervous, but I had the feeling this would be the biggest adventure I'd ever get to go on, so the nerves weren't too bad. I was thinking about how the other-me could be all evil and stuff, if it was opposite. But I still wasn't 100% if that's how things were gonna be. Gumball got me all confused about how this other world was part opposite and part not. I figured I'd just see what it was when I went through the portal.

"Fiiiiiioooonnnnaaaaa?!" Called Cake. I shoved a bottle of juice into my bag and walked to where Cake was.

When I plopped down beside the counter, Cake smiled over the vase of candy flowers that Gumball gave us as a present forever ago. She flipped my sandwich into the air, and you knew she was silently betting it'd hit the floor and I'd eat it anyway. Instead, I jumped onto the counter, narrowly missing the vase, and stuck my hand out right below the falling food. It plopped right onto my palm, and I smirked at Cake. She rolled her eyes.

"Eat up, ninja warrior, we've got to go soon." I nodded, taking a bite of the sandwich. We were gonna make adventure history, with the whole science thing, and good food was just the beginning.

~Finn's POV~

Following Jake down a flight of stairs to the room where the portal would be opened, I double and then triple checked that my sword was within easy reach. I also picked up the pace in order to keep up with Jake, who was taking the stairs two steps at a time and rushing towards our adventure.

Arriving in the room, Princess Bubblegum was scribbling notes down on a light pink notepad near a desk covered in monitoring equipment. She turned when we entered.

"Hello, boys. The machine is just about ready. Stand over there where the floor is marked. We'll begin the test shortly." We walked to a red line on the floor and stood just before it, facing the weird pink machine that apparently could help us leap universes. I poked Jake.

"Dude, what if we hate ourselves? Like, you know, our-alternate-universe-selves?" Jake shrugged, sitting down criss cross applesauce.

"I'm not worried about it, I'm sure they'll be cool, and if not it's okay because they're alternate, right?"

"Not in their universe." I pressed on. Jake closed his eyes and shook his head.

"You're overthinking this, it's gonna be fun, dude. Don't make this all s-"

"Are you two ready?" P.B. called, waving a clipboard at us. Jake nodded energetically, giving the princess two thumbs up.

"We're ready!" I answered, not as sure as I sounded. She nodded and began to start up the machine.

"Here we go..."

Continue Reading