Numb

By ananonymouswriter19

Karima has been through a lot . But she doesn't want you to know that. Raised in an abusive household unable... More

Numb- Interpretation
Meeting a USWNT player
Roomate
Surprise!
Embaress the Rookie
"You cheeky bitch!"
A Vape Mistake?
Dozy
USA VS CANADA-#1
USA VS CANADA -#2
U.S VS CANADA -#3
Grudges
"Let me in"
DilEMMAs
Meeting Morgan
Family Affair -#1
Family Affair -#2
Family Affair-#3
A diaboliCOLE desicion
"I'M A THORN!"
Moving in
A personal question (or two)
Avoiding hurt
Intervention
"I'm going to find your secrets Mendoza"
Its your birthday!
"We're going to the Olympics!"
Getting Caught
Japan VS U.S
Great Britain VS U.S
Chile VS U.S
Fear of Fish
Brazil VS U.S
Sweden VS U.S
The final buildup
Olympic Final-Canada VS U.S
The no.1 secret
"So what are we?"
"If no one knew"
Preath
Sondoza
An Eating Escape
An Anorexic Admission
Letting it out
Its been 10 years...
A Surprise?
The Opening Match
A reassuring phone call
U.S VS FRANCE
China vs U.S
"They know"
An interesting offer
"We need to talk"
"I came to say sorry"
The final secret to confess
"the two of us"
"Time for the party to finally begin!"
An overdue converstaion
Wedding Planning
The wedding
No where to run
AUTHORS NOTE

Background

4.9K 95 0
By ananonymouswriter19

"I'm sorry." Emily told Karima when they arrived at their room. Karima was surprised. "W-What for?" Emily laughed. "You stutter a lot. Well I'm not a mind reader but I doubt you enjoy this attention." Karima paused when it came to replying. "Well they're not being mean." She truthfully said. Both players looked at the clock which read 7:57 . Karima turned to Emily. "So I guess we'll go?" Her roommate smirked. "This isn't gonna end well."

Karima was surprised to see that practically everyone else was here. The last people to arrive were Ash and Ali and everyone whistled at them to which Ali blushed and Ash said "Fuck off virgins" much to Karimas amusement. "So first game I think should be Two Truths and a Lie." Allie brashly stated. Everyone seemed to agree but Karima realised she wasn't going to just have one lie.
Karima learned several things . That Ash used to be scared of spiders, Kelley does a signature dance before every game and...Rose once preferred cats over dogs. Several people gasped. "Rose you told me dogs were your favourite animals for as long as you could remember!" Sam snapped.
Then it was Karima. She had been preparing this for a while. "Er I'm a childhood Portland Thorns fan, I played hockey in high school and I got a detention for vaping in the back of the class." A few players eyes widened but they all seemed to have it figured out. "You played hockey in high school!" Andi, Kelly and Carli all shouted out. "You're from Orlando no? I don't think you're a Portland Thorns fan." Ash muttered. Karima shook her head. "Traitor." Ash spat out. The midfielder smirked. "Well no one got it right." Kelley was annoyed. "What no one? You're the only person that's happened to!" Emily appeared concerned. "You vaped in the back of a class?" She questioned Karima. Nodding her head, Mendoza noticed the room lamenting themselves for not getting it. Emily still appeared uneasy. "So do you still vape?" Karima was hesitant. Her first big lie was about to take place. "Um no, not anymore." Emily nodded but Karima noted she didn't seem convinced. She began to worry about whether Emily would even be her friend now. Morgan frowned. "You ok Mendoza? Seem a bit pale to me." Karima nodded again. "I'm fine thanks."
After Kelly complained about having to guess, Megan decided to play Truth or Dare. Karima could feel herself groaning. Crystal smiled. "Guess you're not a fan." "I'm bad at it." Karima explained. Mall frowned. "How can you be bad at it? It's just truth or dare." Karima looked at the young forward. If only , she wished.
The game turned out to be pretty fun. Allie admitted that Carli was the loudest snorer shes ever heard, Christen poured beer through her nose before Rose and Emily danced blindfolded . Then it was Karimas turn. "Truth or Dare?" Ali asked. Usually Karima would go dare but she was too tired to do anything stupid. "Truth." She responded. A glint in Ash's eye seemed to gleam. "Well," She butted in "you have to tell us your life story." Karima frowned. "Life story? I'm only 17." This got a lot of laughs around the room. Ash rolled her eyes. "Well everything significant in your life until now."
Karima sighed. She really wished she took the dare.
"I was born on the 4th July 2002 in Seattle, Washington. My parents moved to Orlando when I was 4. I'm the youngest child. I have three older siblings. Um two sisters and a brother. I went to Kings Hill Elementary and High school. Then I er... at the age of 17, I got called up to the National team. Now here I am."
Everyone was deadly silent. "You've left out a lot." Tierna noted. Karima shrugged. "My life wasn't ...interesting." Becky stroked her chin. "Well due to the amount of detail you're left out, I think we should be able to ask questions." Karima tensed up. Did they really share that much information with each other?
Alyssa put her hand up. "Can I ask the first one?"
FIRST? "Sure go ahead." Ash answered. Karima felt her throat choked up. "What do your siblings work as?" Karima didn't mind that. "Um my elder sister and my brother are doctors and my sister has recently became a dentist." "They must be smart then." Megan murmured. Karima could feel her mums insults coming back to her. Abby put her hand up. Karima nodded. "Why did your family move to Orlando?" Karima had to think back. "My dad got a better job in Orlando. He's a doctor as well. Well. He was . My mum also wasn't the biggest fan of Washington." Abby seemed pleased with her answer which relieved Karima. "Does anyone want to ask anything else?" Carli asked. Lindsey put her hand up. She seemed to have a triumphant smile on her face. "Yes Lindsey?" Karima croaked. "Where did you get your soccer inspiration from? Why did you wanna become pro?"
Karima was a bit stuck but she had an answer. "I've always had a thing ... for kicking stuff. I remember when I was a kid and I'd kick shit around and I'd get told off for damaging peoples possessions. I then realised I liked watching football as well. So my love grew for it. Especially when it turned out I wasn't half bad in P.E at it. As for becoming a professional...I love travelling I guess? Of course it's also a dream to play against the best and work with what you love the most." Allie appeared slightly unimpressed. "Travelling? Seriously? That's one of your reasons?" Karima smiled. "I like travelling. Getting away from places and going from A to B." Allie stretched back into a yawn. "Trust me kid you get jet lagged easily. Travelling doesn't become fun for that much longer." Emily decided to speak up. "Just before we go..." She faced Karima. "what were your parents like about going pro?"
Karima momentarily flinched remembering the pain she went through at her mums hands. She shrugged. "My dad didn't care." "What about your mum though?" Emily persisted. Karima winced as she prepared a big lie. "Well... she doesn't really know."
"WHAT?!"
The whole room was taken a back. Karima realised that she'd complicated things. "She knew I wanted to become a soccer player. It's just...she didn't think I'd become one." Everyone seemed a lot more clear and Karima cleared out the room with the others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

804 10 36
A girl hiding her little secret from her friends and family . she want to tell them but she didn't know how. she doesn't want to hurt her friends. ...
222K 4.3K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...
274K 6.7K 43
Anna has had a very hard upbringing, but she's defeated every hurdle thrown her way. But what will happen when her biggest secret comes to light and...
560 28 6
Starting off in a rough patch how will Natalie and Jane navigate their friendship and possible relationship in H-