You Are Worth Saving {COMPLET...

By enjoyce_life

--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Eighty
Epilogue

Sixty-Four

373 8 1
By enjoyce_life

Abby

It's been a week... A whole week without any word from Damon... I mean, I am the one who said we had to take a break, but I thought he would text me. Just like he texted me the first day. But he hasn't...

He just texted me that day. The last thing he sent was 'I love you' which is sweet, but I didn't want that to be the last thing I would hear from him! I mean, I called and texted him a day later, but he still hasn't respond. I talked to Stefan about it, but he says he hasn't seen Damon either.

I hate this. Not knowing what is going on. Elena says he might took his distance and left for a while. That's okay, but he could've told me! I mean, what am I supposed to do now? Just wait for him to come home?

I told him we would get back together whenever I was ready. Actually, I feel a lot better than last week. Yes, I still have nightmares, but I am doing a lot better. I can actually smile now. The first few days, I had to force a smile. Nothing made me really smile.

I don't think anyone could blame me! Yes, I was finally back home, but I was traumatized and I just pressed pauze on the best relationship of my life! How can a woman smile?

Honestly, I don't feel much traumatized anymore. I can easily sit in a car without seeing other cars that aren't there, I can sleep full nights without dreaming about my experience, I can think about Damon without feeling scared, I am doing great!

Well, not as great as I would be knowing where Damon is and what he is up to...

I walk downstairs and see Elena and Alaric in the kithcen. They both smile when they see me. "Morning, Abby," Alaric says. "Morning, any word from Damon yet?" I ask. It is the first thing I ask for a few days now.

"Nope," Alaric says. I sigh and take a seat at the table. Elena walks towards me and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, Ab, he is just keeping his distance like you asked! He is actually doing the right thing for once!" she says. I get annoyed, she is not even trying to hide how happy she is.

I look at my hands. She may be right, but something seems off. First, he would tell me if he would leave town. Second, he wouldn't leave town all of a sudden! He hated the idea of us being seperated, why would he seperate us even more? And third, the last time we texted he told me he was looking for doctor Martin.

I may sound crazy, but it freaks me out! Why is that the last thing he told me? It can't be right!

"You know, I think we just have to help you get your mind off of him," Alaric says, "why don't you do something fun today?" I look at him. He is right. If Damon really left by himself, he will show up again. Maybe he needs some time alone just like I did.

Besides, I have a day off today. Plus, Luke already asked me to hang out or do something fun. So why not?

I stand up and nod. "Okay, I will text Luke and do something fun today," I say. Alaric and Elena smile. "I am proud of you," Elena says. I know she hopes I will fall in love with Luke all over again, but I won't. Luke and I won't ever be a thing. Besides, my heart is already taken by someone else. Someone who is clearly not in the mood to answer his phone!

An hour later I sit on the couch in the living room. Luke told me he would be here any minute now. He asks to hang out today, so that's what we're gonna do. I am not in the mood to hang out at my house, so I told him I wanted to go into town.

Luke, being the sweetheart he is, told me he would pick me up and drive me anywhere I want to go. But that actually made me think... Maybe I have a better plan for today...

The bell rings. I stand up and open the door. Luke stands there with a smile on his face. "Hey Abby," he says. "Hey," I say and hug him.

"What do you want to do today?" He asks when we let go of each other. "Let's just get in the car and see then, okay?" I ask. Luke nods and we walk outside.

His black BMW stands in front of the house. He opens the door for me with a huge smile. I thank him and get in the car. Luke walks around it and gets in behind the wheel.

"So, what is the pan for today?" He asks me. "Well, first I need to go by the sheriff," I tell him. He looks worried, "why? What did you do?"

I laugh, "nothing. I just need to get something. Do you mind?" Luke smiles, "of course not!"

He starts the car and drives to the sheriff station. Am I bad for using him? I mean, I know he is into me and he wouldn't tell me no. That's the reason I asked him to hang out. He wouldn't tell me my plan is crazy whenever he hears it.

Okay, maybe he would tell me I am crazy, but he wouldn't tell me no. He wants to impress me. Am I a bad person for using that against him? I may be, but I don't really care.

Luke parks his car in front of the station. "I will be back in a second," I tell him. "Do you want me to come with you?" He asks. I smile, "no, thank you. It won't take long."

I get out of the car and walk into the building. I immediately go to the office of the sheriff and knock on the door.

"Come in!" I hear Liz say. I open the door and smile when Liz sees me. "Abby? What are you doing here?" She asks. She already looks worried.

"I have kind of a crazy question," I tell her. "Okay, let's hear it!" She says. "Do you have the location of where me and Damon were found?" I ask her.

She looks worried. "Why do you want that?" She asks. "Well, I have a trauma and I was told I could close things up if I just came by that place one last time," I tell her.

What I don't tell her is that I am worried Damon is in there. She doesn't need to know. He probably isn't, but I just need to know for sure.

"Are you sure that is a good idea?" She asks. I smile, "yes. I just need to see the place one last time while I am free." I see how she doubts, but then she sighs. "Okay, but I don't want you to go there alone, do you hear me?" She asks.

I smile, "I do. I have Luke with me." Liz smiles and writes something down. She gives me the piece of paper and smiles. "Was that all?" She asks.

Before I can think about it, I speak up. "Have you heard from Damon?" I ask her. She seems to be thrown off guard by my question.

"Damon? No, I haven't. Why are you asking?" She asks. "Well, nobody has seen him in like a week. I am worried about him," I tell her.

Liz smiles, "I understand. I will get my eyes open for him." "Thank you. Also, do you have any information on the guy who took us?" I ask her. Liz sighs, "I can't tell you much, but we are not that close to finding him..."

I sigh and nod, "I understand. Thank you." I walk out of the office and back to Luke's car. I get in and smile.

"Do you have what you came for?" He asks. I nod, "I do." "So, where do you wanna go?" He asks. "I may have an address," I say and smile at him.

Within an hour, Luke parks his car next to a small building. "Are you gonna tell me what this is and what we're doing here?" Luke asks. I sigh, I tried to avoid answering that, but I don't have a choice anymore.

"You know I was kidnapped, right?" I ask. He nods so I go on, "well, this is where it all happened." He scares. "What? Why are we here?" He asks.

"Well, I just need to see it one last time so I can close that chapter," I tell him. I better tell him the same as I told Liz. "Are you sure?" He asks, "it seems scary..."

I smile, "yes, I am sure." I get out of the car. I doubt to leave him in the car, but if Damon is indeed in here, I won't be able to get him out by myself...

Luke gets out of the car and follows me to the building. I can tell he is scared and ready to run away and never ever come back. But he tries to hide it and act tough.

We walk to a door. It looks like a heavy door. I try to open it, but something is blocking it. "Is it locked?" Luke asks. I have to keep myself from laughing. I know he wants me to say yes so we can go home.

I try to open it again. Luckily, this time it opens. I smile at Luke and walk in. Luke follows me. He walks behind me and tries to hide behind me.

I swear, if I wasn't searching for Damon, I would laugh at Luke. Damon would never act like Luke is now. Damon would go first and protect me whenever he can. But Luke looks like he will run whenever he thinks it is too dangerous for him.

We walk through a long hall. It is really dark, but we can still see where we are going.

At the end of the hall, we see another door. This one opens even easier than the last one. We walk through it and I see a familiar room.

It's the room with the two cells. My heartbeat quickens as I walk closer. I feel my body starts to shake when I take a look at the cells. I see spots of blood on the floor in both cells. But no sign of Damon.

I turn around to the other door. The door we used to go through to Doctor Martin's torture-room. I walk towards it and open it. I come in a hall and open the first door on my right. I know this is the room.

I walk in, but it is entirely empty. No tables, nothing on the wall and no sign of life. I walk back to the hall and open another door. Again I see a room completely empty.

I open every other door I see, but no sign of Damon. Not anywhere.

I walk back to the room of the two cells, where I left Luke. "Is this..." he doesn't continue. "Yes, it is," I say. I take a look at the cell Damon spend his time in.

Nobody has been here, I know that for sure. I don't know how I feel. On one hand I am glad that he isn't here. But on the other hand... where is he?! Thinking doctor Martin had him, made me feel a little bit better, because I had a feeling I knew where he was... But now... I have no clue.

"Are you ready to go now?" Luke asks. I take a deep breath and look around one more time. I came here to find Damon. But I also wanted to close this chapter of my life. I can walk out of here now. Nobody can keep me here, not anymore.

Nobody can tell me what to do. Nobody can hurt me anymore. This chapter of my life is done. Forever. If Damon did go after doctor Martin, he will kill doctor Martin. I will not stop him, not ever. Doctor Martin has no right to live anymore. He left me for dead in that cell with Damon. He will get everything he deserves!

"Yes, I am ready," I tell Luke and we walk out of the building without looking back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 23.8K 58
Juliet Salvatore hasn't seen her brothers since 1864, she thought they were dead. After she woke up she thought she was all alone, she didn't want to...
193K 3.3K 23
Victoria Gilbert. Elena Gilberts older sister, you might know her, you might not. Both girls had a normal life until the Salvatore brothers, Damon an...
15.8K 418 17
Everybody knows the name Elena Gilbert. But what about her sister? Toni Gilbert is Elena's older sister by a year. They were both living completely h...
6K 110 39
I'm moving to Mystic Falls and getting a fresh start after the love of my life left me in the woods. I'm never gonna move on from Edward, he's consta...