Accidentally In Love *Obi x O...

By Hannah1094

Imrei Hale loves her life in Wistal Castle working as the second prince's messenger and the chief musician. T... More

If I Wanted To Kill Myself I Would Climb Your Ego And Jump To Your IQ
Everyone is Entitled to be Stupid... But You Are Abusing the Privilege
It's Been Lovely, But You're Draining My Will to Live
It's Not the Size of the Fangs It's How You Bite
...I'm Holding a Stick and Everyone Looks Like a Pinata
Lazy Is A Strong Word I Like To Call It Selective Participation
Keep It Up And You Will Be A Strange Smell In The Attic
Oh Darling, Go Buy A Brain
Not A Single One Of My Multiple Personalities Likes You
Well Aren't You A Little Ray of Pitch Black
Author's Note
What Doesn't Kill You Disappoints Me
I Didn't Mean to Push All Your Buttons I Was Just Looking For Mute
I Do Not Spew Profanities I Enunciate Them Clearly Like A Fucking Lady
Girls Are Bad @ Parking Because They're Being Lied To About What 8 Inches Is
I Was Going To Give You A Nasty Look But I See You Already Have One
To Protect The World From Devastation...
My Ex? I'd Still Hit That... With a Car or Baseball Bat
Do I Get Bonus Points If I Act Like I Care?
In Another Life I Think I Was In A Mental Institution
I Don't Have Enough Middle Fingers To Let You Know How I Feel
I Hope One Day You Choke On The Shit You Talk
The Only Way You'll Get Laid Is If You Crawl Up A Chicken's Ass And Wait
Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, Take Your Parents For Example
Can I Buy You A Toaster For Your Bathtub
Me, Jealous Of You? Bless Your Delusional Heart (END)
IMPORTANT

To Unite All Peoples Within Our Nation...

272 19 10
By Hannah1094

Chapter 18: To Unite All Peoples Within Our Nation...

Imrei POV

I look up from my book as Obi walks into the room, then return to my reading. I don't think I'm quite ready to talk to him yet. As I lower my eyes again something shiny catches my eye. He's drenched in blood head to toe and there's a dagger sticking out of his chest.

"Obi, you're bleeding."

"It's just a scratch." He shrugs but I can tell he's trying hard to hide the pain he's in.

"There's literally a knife sticking out of your chest!" I point out as I put the book down and head toward him. I need to help him, but how? "What can I do to help?"

"I'm fine Imrei. Are you okay? I wanted to talk to you earlier but I-"

I hold out a hand toward him to try to steady him as he starts to seem unsteady on his feet but he doesn't take it. He tries again to speak and I notice his eyes starting to try to close against his will.

"Obi?" I take his hand but as soon as we make contact, his legs give out and I try my best to support his weight without crashing to the floor as well. "Obi! Shit... Someone help!"

I try to ease him to the floor to let his back rest against the edge of the bed since I can feel my stitches and wrist straining from the effort. I just got stitched up again, I don't need to do it a third time because Garak threatened to place me as an in-patient until I healed. Once Obi is propped up I rush out of the room and head to Mitsuhide's for help. I find myself sitting in a chair at Obi's bedside in the infirmary a short while later, my book propped open in my lap. I wasn't sure where he'd gone after he left the ballroom earlier but I definitely didn't expect him to come back looking like that. It's my fault for kissing him and letting myself get upset over it. Part of me liked the kiss though... I have to apologize to him whenever he wakes up. Mitsuhide brought him in and Garak and Ryuu set about the task of cleaning him off to see what blood was his and what wasn't, then removed the knife and stitched up two other gashes along with that wound. They said most of it wasn't his blood though. Where did he go and who attacked him? We aren't allowed to leave the castle without permission so did someone on the grounds come after him? I sigh and take his hand in mine before returning to my book.

I feel Obi squeeze my hand a few hours later, just before dawn, and I look up from the last page of my book to find him staring at me through half-lidded eyes.

"What happened?" He asks quietly.

"You came into the room covered in blood with a knife in your chest then collapsed in my arms. I feel like I should be asking you what happened."

"It was nothing." He mumbles while avoiding my gaze.

I sigh and lightly squeeze his hand. "You're lying to me, Obi. Please don't lie to me."

"... I went over the wall and got attacked."

"By who?"

"Miron and the men he hired to keep me away."

I arch a brow in confusion at his answer. "Keep you away from what?"

"From you, Imrei... He wants to kill you."

It's been four days since Obi got attacked and I found out that I'm a walking target and Obi hasn't let me out of his sight. I've insisted that while I'm in the safety of the castle walls, there's no way he could get to me since he's been banned and there is a heavy knight and guard presence. It doesn't make any difference though. Once Mitsuhide noticed Obi's lingering, he wore me down until I finally caved and told him about Miron's threat. Despite whatever the two of them have going on, I've noticed the tension but neither will say anything about it, I've found Mitsuhide hanging around more closely as well. It isn't going well. I find myself trying to pretend they aren't there as they hang out on opposite ends of the ballroom glaring daggers at each other. I don't see what good it does since Obi isn't in any sort of position to fight since he is healing from the previous fight. Mitsuhide would be the only one able to defend me but I feel like Obi would end up getting in the way if it came to it.

"Obi, Mitsuhide, stop it!" I snap as I slam my music journal onto the top of the piano. "You're driving me crazy! Yes, Miron is after me, no I'm not in a position to fight him off, but I don't need you two glaring at each other like idiots and following me like lost puppies!"

"Imr-"

"No!" I cut Obi off. "You two don't get to talk. I'm tired of this. I'm going for a walk alone and I swear if you two bumbling idiots follow me and I catch you, you both will be on your knees begging for mercy as I strike you down myself."

I abandon my spot at the piano where I'd been trying to write songs despite their antics and brush past Obi as I head into the castle corridors. I don't feel like going outside so I'll just wander the halls. They should be happy that it's safer inside anyway. Maybe while I'm gone they'll work through whatever rivalry they seem to have brewing. I might track down Garak in the infirmary buildings after all and ask about a kickback or even if I can just hang out and drink with her. I need it after dealing with them. I sigh and run my hand down my face before stopping at a window facing the thick forest growing just beyond the rear castle wall. I tense as I feel a hand on my shoulder and I sigh as I realize it must be Obi or Mitsuhide testing my patience.

"I swear if you do not leave me alone like I asked you to, I will- oh..." I trail off as I turn to look up into a pair of very familiar eyes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

945 90 13
After being arrested and imprisoned for murder, Obi meets Leira, a young woman in the neighboring cell. As they start to learn more about each other...
7K 370 27
Everyone knew the name that struck fear into their hearts, the infamous assassin Ghost. No one has ever succeeded in capturing or even laying a finge...
2K 102 17
This is a story of the soon to be crown king and his personal knight
33.6K 992 21
#1 in Ryuu, 05/15/18 #1 in Ryuu, 10/20/20 #1 in Garak 11/29/2020 #1 in Ryuu 11/30/2020 #1 in akagaminoshirayukihime 12/21/2020 #1 in Tanbarun 01/02/2...