Crown of Cruelty (Yandere Boy...

By heythereyousquare

"Yes I'm cruel," he whispered in her ear. "But you have to be, to get what you want." He pulled her chin up s... More

Chapter 1: The Chase
Chapter 2: On Trial
Chapter 3: A Trip to the Castle
Chapter 5: Flirty Ones
Chapter 6: Angry Ones
Chapter 7: Cold Ones
Chapter 8: An Old Friend
Chapter 9: Is It Really Anger
Chapter 10: Understanding
Chapter 11: The Ball
Chapter 12: Old and New Faces
Chapter 13: Late Night Dining
Chapter 14: A Painful Past
Chapter 15: Books and Bodies
Chapter 16: Grieving
Chapter 17: Peaceful Nights
Chapter 18: Unexpected
Chapter 19: Who Do You Love
Chapter 20: A Warning
Chapter 21: Garden of Graves
Chapter 22: Questions
Chapter 23: Rising Tensions
Chapter 24: Some Dreams are Nightmares
Chapter 25: Power
Chapter 26: Talks of Treason
Chapter 27: The Calm
Chapter 28: The Storm
Chapter 29: Crowning
Chapter 30: A Cry For Help
Chapter 31: Run
Chapter 32: The Breaking Point
Chapter 33: Get Away
Summer Special Chapter
Chapter 34: Fear
Chapter 35: Goodbye
Chapter 36: Loose Ends
Chapter 37: Dead Flowers
Chapter 38: Ghost
Chapter 39: Dancing with Fire
Chapter 40: Frosting on the Cake
Chapter 41: The Decision

Chapter 4: Lonely Ones

19.3K 795 609
By heythereyousquare

Recap: (Y/n) is injured by a castle guard on the ride there. She arrives in the castle and befriends the mother whose son she stood up for. She cleans herself up and goes to sleep.

The bustling noises around the room woke (Y/n) from her slumber. She rubbed her eyes and looked around the room seeing the woman getting ready for the day. A small window in the room indicated that it was still very early in the morning. The female groaned but nevertheless got up from the bed.

Her injuries somehow seemed worse today, as every step she took sent a shock throughout her body.

"Ugh," the female proclaimed walking towards the washroom. She quickly changed into her uniform which consisted of a knee length black dress and a black hair ribbon. Although her body felt worse, (Y/n) didn't have any trouble changing, seeing as the clothes she slept in were not caked to her body.

The young female remembered the elder maid's words from last night, so she walked over to the door where a long piece of paper was hung. She scanned through the list looking for her name. Next to the name (Y/n) (L/n) was her list of assigned duties.

"Cleaning: library and ballroom," the female read quietly.

(Y/n) was relieved seeing as she only had two rooms to clean. She could definitely clean them both before nightfall. Maybe she would even finish early.

With this thought the female opened the door stepping into the hallway outside of the maid's quarters. However a harsh tap on the shoulder caused (Y/n) to halt.

Behind her was the scowling face of the head maid Jenny. "You, get yourself fixed up before you start your duties. We can't have careless girls like you ruining our image."

"But I--" (Y/n) was cut off by Jenny's voice.

"The infirmary is on the west side of the castle." And with that Jenny walked away leaving the young female to consider her words.

(Y/n) was indeed injured from the past few days. She had been able to wipe the dried blood off of her skin, but she wasn't able to hide the purple and yellow bruises scattered across her skin. The long skirt of the dress helped to hide the marks on her legs, but there were still many visible.

Deciding to follow the head maid's orders (Y/n) started down the hallway towards the other side of the castle.

-------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) was getting frustrated. She had been walking for 30 minutes and had yet to find the infirmary. She cursed Jenny for not being more specific with her directions. The older lady clearly disliked the young female, so it was no surprise that she failed to give (Y/n) the necessary directions.

She kept walking hoping to find someone who could tell her where to find the infirmary. The halls were oddly quiet in this part of the castle which surprised (Y/n).

"Perhaps everyone is just busy working," she thought aloud before turning a corner.

A few feet in front of her was an elegantly dressed man. (Y/n) picked up her pace catching up to him. She reached up a bit softly tapping him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me," the young female said softly. "Could you tell me where the infirmary is?"

The tall man turned around looking towards (Y/n). She was immediately hit by how beautiful the male was. He had long blond hair that was tied back into a low ponytail. His blue eyes stood out from his smooth skin.

(Y/n) slightly blushed taking in his appearance, however she realized that she had been staring and looked away.

The male on the other hand looked the small female in front of him up and down, which did not go unnoticed by the said girl. (Y/n) was uncomfortable with his gaze knowing that she probably looked hideous covered in bruises and scratches.

The male on the other hand didn't seem to mind her injured appearance as a small knowing smirk made its way onto his lips. He was used to women doing anything to get his attention. He assumed this one was the same.

"I'll gladly take you there sweetheart," he said in a velvety tone putting his arm around the female's shoulders.

(Y/n) shrugged his hand off of her body. "You can just tell me where it is," she replied taking a step back.

The male was surprised but quickly masked the emotion, his smirk returning to his lips.

"Take a left. It's the third door."

(Y/n) didn't linger any longer and scurried away with a quick 'thank you'.

Interesting, the male thought watching the girl's small form turn the corner. He turned walking away towards his destination.

-------------------------------------------------------

The infirmary was a small room occupied by an aged man with a kind face. As soon as he saw the female he welcomed her inside telling her to make herself comfortable.

(Y/n) was relieved by his easy going nature and decided she already liked this man.

"Sorry to bother you, but Jenny said I should come here to get my injuries checked out."

The man nodded his head. He took in the small girl's injuries.

"Hmm," he began. "It seems like you are suffering from some bruises and cuts. Maybe even a head trauma"

"Yes," (Y/n) replied.

"Here." The man reached over picking up a small jar. "Put this on your scrapes and bruises."

(Y/n) took the jar.

"As for your head...I'm afraid that only rest will heal it," the doctor finished.

"Understood," (Y/n) said nodding her head. "Thank you Doctor-"

"Bess."

The female smiled. "Thank you Doctor Bess."

After thanking the man, (Y/n) excited the room. Luckily, she had seen the library and the ballroom when her group was led to the maid quarters.

Hmm. Should I clean the ballroom or the library first? (Y/n) questioned.

The library was closer and there would most likely be less people in there now than later.

The Library it is.

-------------------------------------------------------

As (Y/n) opened the doors to the library the first thing she noticed was how elegant it looked. The second thing she noticed was how big it was. There were rows upon rows of books each one with a moving ladder attached. The shelves were each about twenty feet tall. It made the (h/c) haired girl feel small.

(Y/n) set down her cleaning supplies in front of the nearest shelf. She stepped onto the ladder contemplating how she would climb it with the duster in her hand. With her feet on the first step, she shakily grabbed for the duster. Satisfied, the girl began to dust the shelves unaware of the young prince settled in the far corner with his head in a pile of books.He had yet to notice the girl, and vise versa. Both went along with their business in silence.

After some time, (Y/n) finished dusting all of the bookshelf. She was exhausted from the physical effort; the library was not an 'easy' job like she had previously thought. There was just one thing left to do before the female could check the room off of her to-do list. There was a pile of books laying on the floor in the corner of the room.

(Y/n) dragged her feet towards the pile and squeaked when she saw a short brown haired boy sitting next to the books. The noise caused the quiet male to look up from his novel. He was surprised to see another person in the room, even more surprised that it was a cute female.

The brown haired boy blushed as he took in (Y/n)'s appearance. He noticed her perfect (s/c) skin and her (h/c) hair that framed her face.

So pretty, the male thought as he admired the girl's appearance.

(Y/n) was the first to speak. "Ah, I'm sorry I didn't know there was anyone else in here." She cursed herself for not checking beforehand.

"It's noproblem really. I didn'tmeantoscare you," the shy boy replied forgetting to breathe. He wasn't used to socializing, which made his words sound very nervous and blended.

At this, the female showed him a sweet smile which made his cheeks turn an even brighter shade.

Cute, (Y/n) thought looking at the shy boy.

Looking away from the boy the female grabbed a stack of discarded books. She walked towards the nearest shelf and began placing them in the empty spaces.

"Oh, umm th-those books don't go there," the shy male said rubbing his neck. "All the books I read are from over there." The male pointed towards a nearby shelf.

(Y/n) nodded and smiled appreciatively. "Thanks for letting me know."

The shy boy said nothing just continued to watch the unfamiliar girl put away the books. He felt oddly comfortable in her presence. Usually he hated it when people would come up and talk to him, but something about the kind girl in front of him made him feel different--almost warm.

As soon as (Y/n) finished putting away the books, she picked up the cleaning supplies and walked towards the door. The shy male watched with an alarmed expression as the female walked towards the exit. He wanted to stop her, to ask her to stay. He reached his arm out towards the girl, but she was already to the door. The words died on his lips as he watched her leave the room, leaving the shy boy with an overwhelming sense of loneliness.

1526 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 57 6
PART I: Princess (Y/N). Instead of being offered to join the war and fight back for your freedom, you were almost handed away to marriage on a silver...
338K 4.8K 32
This is a one-shot book where you are the main character and you have to survive multiple different story lines with different Yandere's in each chap...
9.6M 219K 105
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
1M 31K 87
They all want you. They won't let you be anyone else's. They'll make you their's. At any cost. Any. When you learn that you're m...