Star Wars Episode VIII: The L...

By BlackOrder5

This will begin my sequel rewrites! You may be wondering, what about The Force Awakens!? It's simple. I LOVE... More

Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Seven:
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Nine:
Chapter Ten:

Chapter Six:

19 0 0
By BlackOrder5

Aboard the new head transport:
"Poe Dameron...with General Organa dead...you've officially been named in charge." A tall, purple haired woman spoke up as Poe and Finn walked into the room.

"Okay...operations stay normal. Get as many transports off of D'Qar as you possibly can." Poe spoke.

"Sir, we got as many off as possible...we lost five in the process of their bombings on our base though sir." A twi'lek officer spoke.

"Dammit. That lowers us to thirteen transports with the loss of ours. We have no fuel reserves now. But we CAN make it to Crait just stay the course." Poe spoke.

"Sir, what do we do once to Crait?" Another officer asked, all surrounding him in the transport questioning him.

"We set up operations and prepare for a battle. Trenches are dug where we are going and they have old equipment. We'll have to set up some of our newer equipment too and we'll be okay. We should prepare for battle with the First Order. My second in command is Finn here. So if you have anymore questions come to either of us but for now let's focus on getting to Crait, getting this base built and passing the message down the line to the other transports and keeping our people safe! Now let's move!" Poe commanded as they all scurried into position.

"Poe thanks for helping me man." Finn spoke.

"It's all good." He said, beginning to run his fingers through his hair as they began walking down the halls of the transport.

"What's the name of this ship again?" Poe asked.

"The Avarella Twelve sir. Now Poe-" Finn began.

"What Finn!? I'm kinda busy here now." Poe snapped.

Finn grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around.

"POE! I SEE that, you just named me your second in command but we've gotta discuss this!" He shouted, them stopping in the hallway.

Resistance officers walked past them, one between them to frantically get to positions.

"About WHAT Finn!?" Poe asked.

"REY." Finn demanded.

"NO." Poe snapped.

"POE! Rey is our only hope right now, you and I, we can't fight Kylo, let alone Snoke...we don't have Leia. We can fight forces but we can only do so much. Poe. We need to call Rey." Finn demanded.

Poe bit his lip of nervousness.

"You're right. Send a beacon to Rey. God help us all. You deal with this, I need to meet with the captains and new commanders and such and gather things together." Poe said, patting Finn on the shoulder and jogging off, down the hallway.

Ach-To:
Silence. Peace. The rushing waves. Birds tweeted and squawked. Rey meditated, levitating in the air on a cliffside, large holders, cycling around her.

"You must be confident in your ability. " Luke spoke.

Rey dropped the rocks and floated back down to her feet.

"Master Luke I didn't know you were there." Rey spoke.

"It's okay." He chuckled.

"Meditation is a wonderful thing. I'm happy to see you're channeling it. Today..is your ultimate test when it's the lessons. You seem unsure of yourself when using The Force. Let me give you a little certainty. Before we begin our final lesson. Let me take you to my favorite place on the whole island." Luke smiled.

They hiked up the mountain. For kilometers upon kilometers before reaching the top. The highest point of the mountain where sat a tall tree. Massive in size, seemingly reached up for ages. The trunk was massive and it's roots spread out for feet upon feet. Luke smiled, leading her to the tree.

"This Rey...is a force tree. And inside it...lies a force cave. When I was trained...I went into a similar cave. I faced what would be my destiny if I didn't go about things the proper way..you must grow confident Rey that you can do this. That the force ability you have makes you capable of doing what's right. Face your fears Rey. Your deepest and darkest..find...YOURSELF Rey..take your time. I'll be right here. Hidden inside..may be answers you've always wanted." Luke smiled, staring at the beautiful tree.

Rey entered the black void. The force cave. She ignited her blue saber, shining a light on the walls. A faint light sat at the end of the tunnel. She illuminated the cave with her saber. The blue blade shone blue in the darkness. She peered into the light. She saw what was but a reflection of herself in what was a wall that seemed to reflect back at her. Rey unignited her blade and moved slowly. Carefully towards the reflective image. she placed her hand on the reflective wall. Staring at her reflection. 

"Who am I..?" She asked, as it echoed around the room.

"WHO AM I!?" She shouted, echoing around the odd cave room again.

She stared into the reflective wall again. Her reflection had disappeared. The shadowy image of a man and woman moved towards her through the wall. The grew closer and closer. But they merged slowly as a single entity before dissolving into the air, the particles coming from the reflective wall, turning physical and blowing all around Rey and flying upwards into nothingness. Rey felt alone. Perhaps...this WAS her answer. The wind blew. It whistled. Almost rhythmically. Rey grew frustrated unknowing what she is or who she is. She ignited her saber, staring at herself in the reflective wall and sprinted to slash at herself, in the reflective image before her saber in the image turned red, her cloak black. A hood over her head. She froze, staring at this image of herself, she staggered back, falling into a stone chair, a throne of sorts.

"Hello Rey." A familiar deep voice rang as she spun her head, seeing Kylo Ren's helmet, him sitting next to her on another throne. She stood up, frantic, he stood up behind her.

The force image of Kylo appeared so real.

"Join me Rey. We can rule the galaxy together." Kylo spoke.

The voice deepened, darkened, grew grittier.

"AND YOU CAN FULFILL YOUR DESTINY AS RULER" the dark voice spoke.

"Never!" She shouted, swinging at the force image of Kylo which blocked her saber, she swung furiously, he blocked in return, slow, methodical.

The cave morphed around them, lighting all around them, fire, flames.

"This was all caused because of you Rey. You're no one. You don't matter. You're a fluke." Kylo's force image spoke.

"You're wrong! The saber called to me!" She shouted.

"Oh is that what you want to believe? You doubt yourself and you know it." Kylo's force image spoke.

"You, girl, are NO JEDI. You can be MORE." The grittier voice spoke.

"YOU WILL BOW TO YOUR SUPREME LEADER!" The voice shouted, Kylo's helmet disappearing to a scarred, deformed face that battled her in Kylo's attire.

"Snoke" she gasped, fending off the image's attacks.

She swung heavily, cutting off the head of Snoke. Leaving the body it sat upon lifeless. She gasped hard. Began heaving. She stumbled backwards.

"Rey...this is what you were meant to do..this saber calls to you."  A gentle, soft, echoey voice spoke.

A male voice. Not Luke's though. She remained uncertain as she sat in yet another black void.

"Bring balance Rey...that's what you're meant to do." The male voice spoke again.

"Who am I!?" She shouted.

Suddenly her beacon went off, beeping excessively. She returned back outside of the tree as it closed up.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Luke asked.

"NO dammit no!" Rey shouted, hitting the tree.

"Let me back in there." Rey spoke.

"I'm sorry Rey only once...you didn't find anything?" Luke asked.

"Almost until I got unfocused. This emergency beacon is going off...it's...it's from Leia..oh God..I'm needed." Rey spoke.

"Rey you're NOT READY." Luke spoke.

"I can't leave them behind. I need to know who I am. That was about to tell me but..I know enough for now...I need to go help my friends. Luke please...please come along." Rey spoke, begging him.

"Rey you'll regret this, I made this mistake years ago and-" he began.

"Then come help. Please Luke." Rey begged him.

"Rey I- I can't." Luke spoke.

"So the great Luke Skywalker is just giving up!? Not me." She began.

"I'm not you Luke...I'm sorry." She spoke, running down the mountain.

"Rey!" He shouted.

He tried following down the mountainous steps. But she was too fast. He got halfway down before she was back down the mountain to the Millennium Falcon.

"Ah dammit!" Luke cursed.

Aboard the Millennium Falcon:
Rey hopped on into the cockpit next to Chewie.  R2 came to it.

"BEEP! BEEP!?" R2 asked, asking if Luke was with them.

"No I'm sorry buddy..he won't come I'm afraid." Rey spoke.

"No time to explain Chewie. Let's go. We need to head for Crait." She commanded.

"GRRROOWLFF" Chewbacca roared before the Falcon lifted off and shot off into the light blue Ach-To sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 109 16
Based on Star Wars ep. VII: The Force Awakens. "You... you're afraid." I say looking back at him defyingly. "That you'll never be as strong as Darth...
688 1 14
Star Wars Fan Fiction Histories takes to a new level in Grandfather and Grandson action in the Dark Side there are many star wars fan fictions that f...
546K 14.6K 25
*CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN W/ EXTENDED CHAPTERS, GRAMMAR AND SPELLING CORRECTIONS, AND PLOT HOLE FILLERS (ONLY CH 1-15 COMPLETED)* The war against th...
21.3K 209 37
This is a somewhat alternative version of everyone's least favorite Star Wars movie. The first chapter will remain the same, but by the second chapte...