Nightmares (Death) Book 1

By sunofviolet

Holly awakens panting and sweating, fearing for the life of her brother, as she had just witnessed his murder... More

It's Called a Nightmare
The Mark

Thunder

2 0 0
By sunofviolet

5/7 nights the week before Solominator, I had dreams of death. 3 were of Charlie once again, one of mom and then one of a man I thought was my dad but wasn't. He was young, built muscular, dark brown hair and green eyes. A boy I had never seen before. I did not recognize him, but it had been the most terrifying of all the dreams I had. I don't remember how exactly he died but I woke up this morning panting and sweating. I've noticed a recurring trend with these nightmares; I can never remember what happened in the death but I always remember who it happens to. Strange, not unlike everything about my situation.
"We drive you to the Academy at 5 tonight, but before that we got you this." Mom said placing something on the table. It was concealed with a cloth. I took the cloth off to reveal a beautiful black bird. And not like a crow or something common, it was elegant and beautiful with two blue jewels for eyes and a streak of blue along its long tail. It was about the size of my palm.
"Do you like it? You're supposed to take your guardian animal with you on your first week and then send them home so that they can guard your family while you're away."
I was so in love with it. It was the most perfect creature I had ever seen.
"What are you gonna name it?" Asked Charlie.
I looked at charlie and then back at the bird.
"Is it a boy or a girl?"I asked looking at my mom.
"Boy"
"Hmmm..." Began Charlie
"What about Thunder?" Dad suggested walking into the kitchen.
I looked to Charlie and waited for his approval. I didn't care too much about the bird's name but I know Charlie does. He rubbed his chin as if he was making an extremely important decision. Finally, he nodded.
"Thunder is good."
I smiled and looked at Thunder.
"Hi Thunder." I said sticking a the tip of my finger into the cage, at which point he rubbed his beak on it affectionately, and I couldn't help but
smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...