Chains of Destiny (book 2)

By Darkshadow52

15 years later. It had been 15 years since Selene of Vesina and Geralt of Rivia parted ways at Kaer Morhen, a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 48

183 3 0
By Darkshadow52

A month later.

   The two had finally arrived in Kaer Morhen. They were cold and tired, and a bit irritated. Neither one of them had expected the winter storm to start as early as they did, and neither one had expected to need to fight off a group of ghouls and alghouls. "Finally, Kaer Morhen." Selene nodded. It meant they were home and it also meant warmth. Food, and a decent nights sleep. They had wisely stocked up on supplies but eating the same thing when it was absolutely necessary that they ate was annoying and redundant.
      "Honestly, this was probably the most annoying trip of my life." "I completely agree." The two shared a look before they laughed. "Next time we go a month in advance." Selene groaned, she didn't want to think of a next time anytime soon. "Right, well let's get inside, we have to catch the others up as well." Geralt nodded, even he needed answers. Especially since she had refused to answer them on the road. Claiming that to many ears could possibly be listening.
     They dismounted their horses and soon were walking up the path that would lead them to the school. Along the way Selene could see that the repairs that had been needed were finally done and the fortress was well underway to once again being complete. Walking inside of the building they could easy feel the heat of the fire and hear the voices of Lambert, Eskel and Vesemir. Sharing a look the Two walked into the main room.
     "Hey, look at what the storm dragged in." Selene rolled her eyes. "Shut it Lambert, I may be happy to see all of you but that won't stop me from knocking you on your ass." Lambert shuddered and Eskel laughed at this while Vesemir shook his head. "Welcome home you two. Have you gotten what you were searching for?" "We did, we have all the books." "That's great. Now we can sit down and Fucking relax."
      Selene looked at Geralt and he shook his head. "I wouldn't say that. On our journey Geralt and I were attacked by the wild hunt." All three froze at that. "I'm sorry what?" "The fuck you say Selene?" "The hunt? What did they want?" Selene blinked at the sudden outburst and raised her hand. "Breath all of you. We we're in Toussaint, went to retrieve a book from a bookstore. The owner sold it to Iorvath. A friend of both mine and Geralt's."
     "They just randomly attacked?" "No it wasn't random." They all shared a look. "Was it Ciri they wanted?" "At that time no. They wanted another." Geralt raised an eyebrow, but otherwise didn't interrupt. "Who?" "I'm getting there Vesemir. My mother once again saved my life while we were under attack. She sent us through a portal she opened when we were nearing the bridge to take us back to Valen."
    Eskel blinked. "Ugh portals." "I know." "Where did you end up lil Sis?" Selene glared at Lambert who simply shrugged. "We ended up in Lekar. A town full of stone statues." "The fuck?" Selene shook her head. "Turns out they were all once people. Turned to stone by my mother to keep them alive."
     "So wait you met the crazy bitch?" "I did. Had no choice. I had questions, she had answers." "Continue Selene." Selene nodded at Vesemir as she continued. Geralt was now sitting down next to Lambert while Selene remained standing. "To save us all some time. I forgave my mother." "You what?" "I forgave her." "Why?" Selene looked up for a second. "Why do we do anything Lambert? Why do we help when often times we are shunned for being what we are?" "Because it's whats right." "Exactly."
     "Huh?" "It was right to forgive her. She was only trying to keep me alive." "Last I checked even the trial of the grasses almost killed you." "I know. But I lived. Everything she did was for my future, this worlds future." She took a deep breath. "Okay, I think I get it. But back to creepy town full of statues?" "They are all alive again. The curse is over. Vesina has also been restored to its former glory.
     "How?" Selene looked at them. "My doing." It was silent for a moment. "Okay I'm still confused. I'm even still confused about the hunt." "The hunt is indeed after Ciri, they want the child of elder blood. But they also want the keeper of time." Vesemir's eyes widened. "That could be bad. Tilana, doesn't have any descendants though. The last one died out a hundred years ago."
     "I know, but no one said this was a descendant of Tilana." "Then who Selene?" Selene took a deep breath. "It's me. I am a direct blood descendant of the first goddess of the moon. I am named after her. Selene o Tir na li a" several eyes widened at this. "You're kidding right?" "I wish I was. My mother confirmed it. The whispers I heard, Tilana and her bloodline and Selene herself. All guiding me. Leading me without telling me to where I had to go."
     "The hunt is after you then." She nodded. "Yes." "How do we stop this?" "We have a few years. They aren't strong enough right now, and with Ciri being in hiding and my identity a secret for the time being plans can be made." Geralt frowned. "I feel like something bad is going to happen. Like you're going to do something." Selene looked at him and weakly smiled. "I'm sorry." She turned to Vesemir. "The hunt has an idea that it might be me. I want to make sure they can't prove it or capture me until it's time and Ciri has returned."
    He nodded, he knew what she was asking so he handed her the key. "You know the room." "Thank you." She looked at all of them. "I'm sorry, remember I love you Geralt, so much." He walked over and cupped her face. "Don't do this." "I have too. You know I do." Geralt looked her in the eyes before he sighed. "Very well. I love you Selene Of Vesina." "And I you." Placing one last kiss against her lips he watched her pull away. Hugging each of the others tightly she finally started to walk towards the back room.
    Glancing back one last time she could see the pain in their faces and so she put on a smile as she waved before slipping through the door. Walking down the narrow steps she unlocked the door that led to a hidden room. The second she was inside she closed the door and placed the key in her pocket before looking up at the ceiling. "I'm sorry." Taking a deep breath she allowed her power to wash over her. "Sto ane iv'ken sle'vak." Turn to stone and sleep. And with that her entire body was soon encased in stone where she would slumber until it was time for her to awaken once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 496 12
I, Rafaela of Loc Munnine, Rafe to my friends , the Red Wolf, Healer of Witchers and men, am running from one man. I have spent the last 20 years ou...
64.5K 1.1K 61
It all started years ago, from a young age Selene had always been....well different. Some say the girl was marked by Destiny, others said she was cur...
5.7K 90 14
Living her whole life wandering villages making many, but insignificant encounters along the way, Karina finds that one encounter with a Witcher coul...
49.6K 1.6K 23
Fate, a funny thing, isn't it? How it attracts two people together. How events occur. Geralt meets a hunter in the woods, an unordinary person. (Y/N)...