my escape from earth ; CATACL...

By avery_aldini

ACT 1 | This is more than One Apocalypse. Looking outside the car window, and everyone was lying on the floor... More

MY ESCAPE FROM EARTH
CHAPTER I | BrainDead
CHAPTER II | Uninvited
CHAPTER III | Information
CHAPTER IV | The Plan
CHAPTER V | Uncertainty
CHAPTER VI | Amalgamates
CHAPTER VII | Leap of Faith
CHAPTER VIII | Center
CHAPTER IX | Windowless
CHAPTER X | Doctor
CHAPTER XI | Departure
CHAPTER XII | Stitches
CHAPTER XIII | One Jump
CHAPTER XIV | Reminiscent
CHAPTER XV | Scientist
GIFT COVERS
CHAPTER XVI | Unnatural
CHAPTER XVII | Run Away
CHAPTER XVIII | Acid
CHAPTER XIX | Artificial Intelligence
CHAPTER XX | Rooftop
CHAPTER XXI | Eyes
CHAPTER XXII | Infiltration
CHAPTER XXIII | Click
CHAPTER XXIV | Dripping

CHAPTER XXV | Last

28 8 4
By avery_aldini

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

A few minutes earlier..

I hate washing the dishes. Especially when they have so much oil! It takes so much longer.

Apparently, after we ate dinner, Art immediately went to the living room and began writing in his notebook again.

Is he really planning to leave this place? That's a tough thing to do, to be honest.

After I finished, I decided to clean the kitchen and some other rooms I found dirty. It might be night but it's better than me overthinking stuff again.

I was cleaning the floor of the living room and I came across an arrogant boy. "Hey, Art, mind moving your feet? I can't really clean if you're covering them.."

I waited for his response but it sounded like he didn't hear a word I had just said. I looked over him and I was surprised to see that he dozed off.

He's even snoring! Why didn't I notice that?

But right after I removed my interest on him, I saw his notebook right out in the open.

The broom I held came tumbling down the floor from what I saw. Are my eyes alright? Is this what he really wrote?

The notes before 101 were all hard to understand from the messy handwriting. It's as if he wrote them when he was a child.

NOTE #101: Apparently, I forgot I write notes here. It's been so long but for now, that Cassandra girl is dead. She got smashed by the robot but the nerd managed to shut down the robots. Guess it's luck he was here to cover.

Cover? What does he mean by that..?

NOTE #119: I think the nerd and "Clay" are up to something. I saw them snuggling each other in her room. Seems off to me.

What?! He saw that? T-The door was closed! He's starting to sound like a creep for some reason.

NOTE #125: The nerd is dead. It looked like he committed suicide, as much as it sounds different to me.

Different to him? What does he mean by that? It sounds like.. Fabiar didn't do it.. But that wouldn't make sense..

NOTE #142: I think it's kind of fun seeing someone have a mental breakdown. Now I know how they felt to me.

Is he pointing to me? I'm the only other person here.. Mental Breakdown? What?!

NOTE #163: I asked "Clay" if the people on Mars knows the shit situation Earth is in. She's jumpy again. But her answer does make sense. And her answer also made me a bit happy.

If I remember correctly, my answer to his question was that the people outside don't know anything about what's happening here.

It's weird to think that he's happy about that...? It's depressing.. but he's glad?

NOTE #176: After looking at some stuff, what that Dylan person might actually be right. Then now, I'm a hundred percent sure it's her.

Her? So it is me.. but what does Dylan have to do with this?

NOTE #184: That "Clay" is starting to become creepy. She keeps looking at me as if she's watching me. I feel like she's becoming suspicious of something.

Why does my name always have quote ons? Something seems off.. And the fact that he noticed me but didn't ask about it is strange too..

NOTE #198: Today, I think I want to tell her and do it. Then I'll do it to myself too. Then it'll end.

Both our lives will finally end.

Both our lives...? Is he..

No. That can't be.

"Tell her?" Tell me what? What does he know that I don't?

Is he going to kill me..?

And from his last line.. It's like he will kill himself too.

I shook my head. I must be tired and misread some things. I immediately went up and got some sleep. Maybe tomorrow, I could ask him.. yeah.. I should..

---
THE NEXT DAY

| Today is the day. |

- Get him by the chest. -

| Goodluck. |

- Do your best!! -

"What?" I asked but to no reply. It's been long since I've heard you.

"What do you mean, 'What?' Who are you talking to?" Art gave off a different gaze. He's different somehow. "You've been acting weird around me." His brows furrowed.

"N-No one! S-Sorry.."

"Yeah, right. You read my notebook last night, didn't you?" Art stood up from his seat and began walking towards me. How does he know that? He slept! Unless..

"W-What makes you think of that?" I froze in my place, I felt his breathing on my shoulder.

"You should've known better, Clay. But I guess it won't be that much of a surprise.."

There's no more playing pretend. This escalated pretty quickly. It almost feels like, he planned it. "Do you really think you can kill me?"

"Of course, a small punk like you is more easier to kill rather than the weeb with katanas." His presence made the atmosphere.

"Cass? What do you.. You killed her..?"  My legs.. Most of my fear were on my legs. I couldn't move.

"Of course, and to make you more angry, I killed that nerd too. And that so-called brother of yours, you're not even really related!" He sat down on the table, his hair covering his eyes.

"That doesn't add up at all!"

"Oh really?" A grin formed in his face, "I wanted you to feel trapped and alone. I've felt that before while you were living happily with your pretend family."

"What did I do to you to--"

"SHUT UP!" I tensed up when he yelled, "Don't you want to understand what the hell is happening? I'm explaining and you keep throwing me questions."

I gritted my teeth. I still didn't know what I did to him? Perhaps when I got him into this zombie mess. But that doesn't explain why he's talking about my family.

"Let's talk. I'm the one who spread the virus and set up all those robots. All this happened according to my plan. So that basically makes me the killer of humanity." Art explained in which left me to be surprised.

"I don't believe that.. but.. even so, then.. why would you come help us..?!" I yelled.

"I don't want my dear sister to be confused before she dies. That would make you a ghost with unfinished business." He smirked, launching himself to me and stabbed my left arm, "So you better stop yapping because I am talking."

"Sister?! Who the hell are you?!" I yelped, struggling with the knife.

"Oh, of course." He said, wearing his menacing smile, and it's scaring me, "We're siblings. Haven't you connected the dots already?"

"Whatever, our stupid mom chose you over me. She left you to a nice family but left me with to a mental station. I never really understood why the old hag thought of separating us. When you knocked at my door, I never knew who you were but I thought that sister of mine is already dead. I helped because my own life was in danger, you idiot.

I always noticed how our eyes looked so similar. But I shrugged that off until at the lab, that Dylan said you were adopted. Then you and I have the same blood type, where the doctor said was a bit identical, even told me that she thought we're related.

Then, the fact that only the two of us weren't getting any symptoms got me curious. That's when I remembered an important detail that I've forgotten. That mom actually did something good for once. She knew the virus was gonna happen and a friend of hers has a vaccine but it took over a month to create one. That friend injected it to both of us. Only us. And that's when I knew you were her.

You were that stupid Avrienne."

Avrienne? Is that my real name? And my brain snapped, it's as if all its hidden memories flooded in my head after hearing that name.

I saw everything.. mom.. art.. that man with glasses.. an injection nearing my skin.. that smile she had before death...

Immediately, I kicked him by the chest and got my posture up.

"You always get the praises, Avi. Even if you were a talentless asshole!" He yelled.

He's practically Intelligent when it comes to combat, well, in plans that is.. I've got nothing to compete against that but.. I have to try. I'll outsmart him. I've watched this move back then, when we were kids.

This was the fastest fight I've ever been in.

I ran towards him, a knife in my left hand, planning to attack him with it.

His feet flew in the air, kicking the knife off my hand, and also cracking a bit of my bones in my arm.

But it's okay.

Immediately, when he kicked, his knife was going to hit my left arm.

It's okay!

I took the chance he was distracted and focused on my.other hand. I took my second weapon, a pistol, in my right arm. I fired it off with no hesitation.

A loud bang filled the room. His body flopped on the floor. Blood dripping out of his chest.

That went fast. And to think, it actually worked.

Art was on the floor. My real blood-related brother was on the floor. I killed him.

There's no way he's still alive. Who can be alive if they have a hole in their heart?

I plopped on the floor. He's dead. I just killed a human.

So he wasn't lying about some things back then.. From what I can now recall, my mom really did treat me better than him, but it wasn't that much to be a reason for him to spread a worldwide virus. I still don't get his reasons...

Though I never knew why she sent us to separate orphanages. I don't even know if she's still alive.

And to think..

He was my brother.

After I was adopted, I forgot everything about before the orphanage. My brain was blank.

I remembered at the lab, he asked me about how I got adopted. That must've been how he figured out. To think he laughed it off when I assumed we might be siblings.

I looked around, and peeked at our only small window. The pink smoke is covering the whole area.

With Art gone, I can't risk getting sick. I didn't even know what medicines he gave me to make me well.

And just when I thought of that, my heart began racing. I clenched my chest. Something's wrong.

I can't breathe..

This can't be the pink gas. It's something else. My head's spinning and I couldn't feel my body, as if I'm floating.

Then I remembered, the medicine Art gave me yesterday! It must've been...

Food Poisoning.

Guess this is how it is.

Death is My Escape from Earth.

THE END

With the story ending, unanswered questions are still everywhere. Maybe.. Those answers will be on the prequel?

" Prequel: Years Before Disaster "
Read if you want!

FINISHED ON:
2:43 PM of 26th June 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 11.5K 72
You still have a life to fulfill. But it seems life doesn't want that. Infact...you died way earlier than expected. You are now given a choice betwee...
50 4 11
Ninety-three days have passed since the first day of the outbreak. The day she lost everything. She's survived this long, now she only has to wait se...
70.4K 2.8K 38
Akira had learned long ago that dreams were a pointless thing and wishful thinking a lost cause. The goal of her life had been determined for her by...
855 429 22
It's been ten years since the fall of humanity. I was only ten years old when the zombies took over. The military told us to flee underground, explai...