The act of marriage( Book 1)

By Chiedzanyautore

Addilyn Shabina is a 23-year-old young woman with ambition and goals. As a girl who is trying to make her lif... More

Chapter 2: This is utter madness
CHAPTER 3: I will not be subject to golddiggers
CHAPTER 4: I was born married?
ChAPTER 5: You owe me an answer!
CHAPTER 14B: Honeymoon or Lemon moon 1?
Chapter 6: 'Aren't you just a sweetheart'
CHAPTER 15A: Honeymoon or Lemon moon 2?
CHAPTER 7: Plan into action!
CHAPTER 15B: Honeymoon or lemon moon 2?
Chapter 8: Reluctance
CHAPTER 16:Sorrow is my happiness
IMAGINE THE CHARACTER'S
CHAPTER 17: Facing it all
CHAPTER 9: Soon to be bride.
Chapter 18: Goodbyes
Chapter 10: WEDDING BELLS!
CHAPTER 19: Home Sour home!
Chapter 11A: Grandfather Jarret
CHAPTER 20: failed plans
Chapter 11B: Grandfather Jarret
CHAPTER 21: Failed Acting!
CHAPTER 12: Blond Bimbo brings out bad Addyline
CHAPTER 22A: Deceiving Confessions
Chapter 13: Caught Red handed
CHAPTER 22B: Deceiving Confessions
Chapter 14A: Honeymoon or lemon moon?
CHAPTER 23: Sister Addyline.
CHAPTER 24: Enough is Enough!
CHAPTER 25A: Calm and collected Addyline
CHAPTER 25B: Calm and Collected Adyline
CHAPTER 26: Dr Raez
CHAPTER 27: Miracles Happen!
CHAPTER 28: The woman before me.
CHAPTER 29: Goodbyes and stone cold hearts.
CHAPTER 30: Caged Hearts

Chapter 1: Sudden visitation

224 5 5
By Chiedzanyautore

#The background picture of my book cover is by “faeriereverie”

# I would like to give thanks to my special friend and editor AASIAH PATEL, who took time off her busy days to make this book an absolute sensation.

*Hello guys this is Chiedza I would like to thank you for trying out my book. This is my very first time writing and publishing a book so bear with me if you find some silly mistakes.

* May you all please remember that this is fictional and my work. If it is similar to any book you have read I sincerely apologize but I have tried to make it a little out of the ordinary love stories. However, don't give up on the very first chapter things are surely going to get more interesting.

* The copying of this book is prohibited. All rights reserved.

Thank you all and good luck

***********************************

ADDYLINE'S POV
It's quite funny how life can give you groundbreaking news when all you wanted to do was live a peaceful life.

My whole life has been a hustle. I lived with my grandparents who were very unusual people. They always taught me manners and etiquette like I was some sort of princess... well, I was their princess.

It was not easy for me personally because at school I was very quiet, I had a few companions, always alone in my personal bubble with just one friend who was able to put up with my peculiar life.

When my grandparents had an accident in my last year of high school, my grandmother passed away. Things got even worse after that. My grandfather became very strict and overprotective that he didn't allow me to see my friends or even go out for a simple walk. My grandmother's death had taken a toll on him and he soon followed his beloved three months after.

I felt as if life was unfair for taking the two people from me who meant so much. Soon after, I went back to live with my mother, Gemma Shabina. Where is my father you say? Well, he passed away when I was ten and my younger sister, Lililth Shabina, was only three years old.

After all the grief and loss I became determined to make sure that I fulfilled the promise I made to my grandparents. I remember my grandmother Dannica's exact words to this day. "Darling I want you to always remember that what we have done and what we do is because of our love for you and Lililth. I want you to promise me to accept the challenges and obstacles life gives you, it is for your good".

In order to fulfil the promise I made, I became consumed by my education. I mean I never even thought about having boyfriends (well mostly because I respected my grandfather who told me not to) but it's the thought that counts... Ever since then I had one boyfriend whom I dated for almost two years until he asked for me to sleep with him out of wedlock. I’m sorry but that’s just not my style.

After completing my studies, I opened an interior designing and art company with my most trusted friends; Britta Jones, Ember Nuader, Valentina Harllow and Freddie Nixon.

My main focus was to give my mother a comfortable home and my sister a great experience of life, not having to go through the same sufferings I had gone through.

Sitting in my humble home getting ready for work I heard a faint knock on my door and I finished wearing my heels "coming!” I shouted. I quickly walked down the stairs and opened the door to see my mother standing there with a huge smile and open arms. 

"uhhh, mom? Hi, what a surprise. What are you doing here?" I asked as I hugged her and let her inside the house.

My house had a very simple yet elegant sense to it, it was a medium-size double story with grey as the exterior colour. The owner of the house permitted me to paint the interior myself which I painted emerald. The desks, tables, stands and bookshelf were a shiny dark brown. The simple decorations such as the vase, mirrors, cases and even my couch pillows were silver. The couches and lamb stand were also emerald. What can I say I loved dark colours, it sounded gloomy but it was actually nice and warm.

"Is that how you welcome the best and only mother you have? I just got bored at home and decided to see how my sweet Addyline was doing." She sat down on the couch and gave me her signature smile.

I raised my eyebrow "Mom I live six hours away from home, your presence means something bad happened or you want to ask a little favour from me.”

She gave her most dumbfound Look. "Uhhh, you make me sound like a snob. Why don't you give your snobbish mom a rest, I just drove here. Anyway, on a serious note, I do have some important news to deliver to you."

I looked at mom to see if she was joking, but all I saw was how nervous she looked. " Is Lililth okay? Did you get robbed? Wha-"

Mom cut me off, "Everything at home is fine it couldn't be better. Do calm yourself down."

"Well, then what is so important that you had to strain yourself driving all the way here? Mom you're making me nervous and I have to get to work"

Mom stood up giving me my work case and handbag. "Well it's about something your grandfather did for you, however, it's a very long story so it's better if we speak after work."

“What about grandpa? Why does he have anything to do with this?” I frowned still not moving.

“My love, I am here for about two days, perhaps even a week, so you don’t have to rush this. I will tell you everything when you are done making money.” She assured me.

"Are you sure, it seems very important- oh I have to go, my taxi is here... Well make yourself comfortable but please don't turn my house upside down. Love you, Bye. "

I closed the door after she shouted goodbye. I entered my taxi while greeting the driver and off to work I went. I couldn't stop myself from having a bad feeling about my mother's presence. This was the first time she had ever given me a surprise visit. I hope none of my family members has died...oh what if dad's spirit has started haunt-.....

"Uh madam we have arrived at the Archeluas interior design and art company or do you wish to be taken somewhere else?" The driver asked, cutting off my crazy train of thoughts.

"Oh no, that's fine Brodie. Could you please come and fetch me at around four o'clock in the afternoon?" I said while getting out of the car.

"That will be fine madam, I'll just give you a call when I arrive." Brodie replied.

"Thank you, have a blessed day" I closed the door and walked into the company.

This company was created by four friends wanting to work with each other. I had saved money ever since I went to college and it finally came to use together with the money left to me by my grandfather when we decided to be partners.

The company was divided into four main sectors, where the Art side was controlled by Ember and Valentina, the fashion sector was for Britta and lastly, the Interior design sector was for me. Freddie was our neutral partner who helped in each and every sector. He was sociable and fun to be around which was why he usually worked at the welcoming and advertising sector as well as the reception.

The company is still new and was therefore not that huge but it was big enough to accommodate all sectors with adequate space to work with customers and clients. We were able to buy this huge building mostly because of Valentina's father who was a wealthy man.

"Why are you late?", was the first thing I heard as I entered the doors of my office.

"Morning to you too Freddie." I scolded at him.

"Well I would say your man did not satisfy your needs but knowing that you are such a loner, I will have to say you my friend woke up on the wrong side of the bed today." He exclaimed as he put down a huge file in front of me.

"Maybe she has found a man because she has been moody this whole weekend and I don't mean the time of the month mood," Ember said as she modelled into my office.

"We should have a party to celebrate her finally losing her virg-" Britta added as she danced into my office.

"-no one is losing her virginity unless it's from loving my comfortable bed and also, I am not being moody," I said.

"Well then explain to us why you seem to be impatient, worried and nervous. And even more so how could THE Addyline Shabina be late to work?" Valentina asked as she made her way to my table.

"Why are you guys ganging up on me on such a beautiful morning?... Anyways I'm going to be like this for the rest of the day because I am a bit worried as to why my mom is here." I told them

"Mommy Gemma is here!" Freddie exclaims with excitement.

"She gave me a surprise visit!" I turned to look at him with anger.

"Ooh. What did you do?" Britta asked.

"That is what I would like to find out," I said more to myself than them.

“She came to give you a spanking!” Britta commented in laughter making everyone join her.

They told me not to worry as we all prayed for our day and went over the schedule.

The whole day I worked with half my mind on what kind of turmoil was waiting for me at home. As the day came to an end I did not get to say goodbye to my friends personally as Brodie called and said he is waiting for me downstairs.

I passed by the grocery stores as I went straight back home.

"Mom I'm home!" I said loud enough for her to hear me from upstairs.

I look around to see if she really did keep her hands off my things and everything seemed to be in place. The last time she visited I got a yellow freaky teddy bear on my emerald couch and some floozy blankets on my chairs. Let's just say she was really trying to turn my house into a grandma home.

“Hello pumpkin....how was your day?” she came down the stairs in a groggy manner showing that she was sleeping.

“Aside from me worrying about your sudden cruelty to my home, I was fine," I said picking up some red wool showing me she was up to something.

"Come on, you cannot hold that on me for the rest of your life! “ mom complained.

"Mom you were putting weird purple lanterns in my room!" I exclaimed while laughing.

My mom ignored me, then we went to the kitchen and made a grand dinner for two people.

While we were making a mess of my kitchen we caught up on each other’s lives, me asking about Lililth and her school performance, of course, she asked me if I had found anyone special and I told her of how my love life was dry as the Sahara desert. For someone who wanted grandchildren, she seemed to be a little happy that I was not dating, but I let it slide not knowing I was in for a big surprise.

"So mom, what trouble am I in this time?" I finally asked her after we ate dinner.
She stiffened out of surprise.

She sighed and looked at me with tired eyes. "Look honey, how about we speak of this tomorrow, maybe have a day off because the story is quite long and it could be something you might not like at all"

I looked at her with dire worry, "Mom, is it about your disease? What's going on?"

"Let's not speak of me here, this story is about you and I ask that we speak of this tomorrow....please."

"Okay then. I will tell Freddie to be my substitute tomorrow. You go ahead and sleep." I sighed watching my mother walk upstairs to go and sleep.

Should I tell her......no I couldn't. Not when I had not made my final decision. I was going to listen and hear the whole story the next day and maybe then I would get my answers. For now, though, I had to wait.

I stood up tired from thinking too much of the situation that life had put me in. I walked upstairs to my room and the last thought I had was.....This was going to be a long ride.

***********************************
Greetings to you my friends. Thank you for taking the time to read my novel. This is my first so I hope the journey comes to your liking

I wonder what Addyline's mother has up her sleeves.....

Chiedza

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.1K 1.6K 37
"Why-why is he here?" I asked slightly feeling panicked. "Your father, Step- father owes me money. 36 million pounds to be exact." Stefan said as he...
11.7K 230 29
Zoha was a confident girl, she kept her ground when needed. She had a heart full of love.....a heart that would crave love. Dimitri was powerful. He...
1.8M 49.3K 57
(WARNING: This is my first story btw. Some parts may be cringe or toxic, but I don't feel like changing anything at the moment) I watched as he frust...
142K 3.5K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...