Gladly Unexpected *Avani Greg...

By jerseyboybest

on your 17th birthday, you get to communicate with your soulmate. whether it's from choosing decisions for th... More

one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen

two

1.5K 24 5
By jerseyboybest

mattia : sis, wake up.
me : w-what?

i sit up rubbing my eyes.

tia : it's your birthday!
me : it's my-? it's my birthday!

mattia hugs me and sits next to me on the bed.

tia : happy birthday, bug!

(that's what he calls me)

me : thank you!
tia : get ready. i have stuff planned.
me : okay.

i smile and get out of bed. i put on this outfit

and then i put my hair in a messy bun.

i go downstairs and when i get down there all the lights are off.

me : hello?
everyone : SURPRISE

all the sudden people pop out from different places as the lights come back on. it scares me so bad that i fell straight on my ass.

me : oh my god, guys. you scared the shit out of me.

alejandro walks over to me and helps me off the ground.

ale : happy birthday!
me : thank you guys!

i go around and hug everyone. i go over to the living room where all the presents were. i sat down on the couch and opened the first one which was a champion t-shirt and some nike socks from my parents.

the next one was from noah and maiya and it was a necklace that had a little blue butterfly on it.

then i opened alejandro and kairi's which was some champion sweatpants and a champion baseball cap.

(if you can't tell, i'm obsessed with champion. i'm always wearing it.)

then i open mattia's which was a camera. i got super excited because i've been wanting a new camera ever since i dropped my last one. now i can finally vlog with better quality!

the last one i opened was from devyn. she got me a couple sports bras, headbands, and a gift card to starbucks.

i thank everyone then i go upstairs to my room. i'm sitting on my bed scrolling through instagram when devyn walks in.

dev : hey em! how does being 17 feel?
me : it's good. thank you again for the gifts.
dev : of course.

i put down my phone and stare at my hands. devvy sits next to me.

dev : you good, girl?
me : uh yeah i'm fine.
dev : what's wrong?
me : it's just my soulmate hasn't written to me yet.
dev : you know you can write to them first, right?

i look at my arm debating on whether or not to write first and i look back up at dev for a second then back to my arm and back to dev.

i immediately shot my eyes back to my arm because when i looked back down at it the last time, i saw writing.

i basically jumped out of my pants.

me : HOLY SHIT! THEY WROTE TO ME!
dev : NO WAY! congrats! what does it say?
me : um...just hi.
dev : so say hi back!

i grab a pen from my desk and write on my arm "hey."

i wait until they answer and it takes a couple minutes but they finally reply with "how are you?"

avani's pov

it was my birthday today. unfortunately, my mom and dad were working all day so i had no one to talk to. i was just watching outer banks when i get a text from my friend amelie saying that i should write to my soulmate so i do.

i start with "hi" and wait for their reply. i finally get a "hey" and i reply with "how are you?"

there are so many more questions i want to ask them like "who are you?" "what state/city do you live in?" but unfortunately those questions aren't allowed to be asked when your talking to your soulmate. it's against the rules.

i also really want to ask them what gender they are, but i have to keep it simple.

they finally reply with "good, how are you?"

emma's pov

i reply with "good, how are you?" and i wait. they reply with "i'm good.

(rest of conversation : bold-avani, regular-emma)

what have you been up to?
my friends and family threw me a surprise party.
nice!
what did you do?
nothing, my parents have been working all day.
that sucks, i'm sorry.
it's all good. i'm used to it.
i wish we could hang out so i could cheer you up.
that's sweet, but for real, i'm okay.
okay. can we talk later? my friends are still here.
of course. bye!
bye!

i put my pen back and lay back on my bed.

me : they already seem so nice!
dev : good for you girl!

i spend the rest of the day hanging out with my friends in my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75K 1.3K 24
(Yk the thing when you write on your hand when you're 16? Yeah thats the thing) Once you're 16 you get to communicate with your soulmate, whatever yo...
7.4K 509 47
In this world there are two names on everyone's wrist; the person's enemy and their soulmate. Each person has no distinction between the two of the...
18.2K 847 31
This is a world where everyone is born with their soulmate's initials tattooed on their wrist. Sounds amazing, right? Someone you're automatically an...
174K 3.6K 75
Avani Gregg a 17 year old social media influencer, meets Anthony Reeves a fellow influencer. The two quickly connect and become friends. Before they...