Queen Manikarnika

By AnitaBadei

"Marry you?" She asked clearly astonished. "It's not by will." He said to his defense. "Then who's forcing yo... More

A/N
Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
EPILOGUE
DREAM AGENCY
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
A/N
A/N

26

1.3K 68 1
By AnitaBadei

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

MANIKARNIKA POV

I waked up expecting the light of the sun to shine on me but I didn't feel it's heat on me.

I opened my eyes to see Arnav smiling widely at me and then, splash. He covered me in water colors.

He laughed at loud and it was like music to my hears. I don't know what I would have done if Arnav had died.

Thank God I followed them and found Arnav and now he has full filled his promise to me.

Thank you Lord.

"Arnav why don't you grow up?" I pretended to be offended. Wait he should be resting, his shoulder was badly wounded.

"I just wanted to full fill the promise I made to you." He said between laughter. Am very sure that I look like color.

"Yes but you said you'd apply colors on me not turn me to one." I yelled but it only made him laugh all the more. Oh how I love seeing him like this and that too because of me.

I stood up from my bed and saw it was wet with the colors including me.

"You are lucky that am going to bath and change soon if not, then you'd be dead."

"I don't think you'd kill me Manu."

"I hope so as well." I frowned at him.

He only smiled to me and said,
"Happy holi Manu."

"Happy holi Arnav." I replied.

He tried standing up but he had to use both his hand to support him. He winced as his wound hasn't healed yet.

"Arnav you have done your promise why not go and rest?" I suggested.

"I will but after I've celebrated Holi." He relaxed back.

"Arnav don't be stubborn and go and rest."

"Why? Are you concerned?" He was amused and if only he knew how cute he looked.

"Stop asking me that and do what I say." I said quickly coming out of my flushed moment.

"Why not just answer me?" He placed his hand on his jaw.

"Why not, am your sister of course." I defended.

"Yes." He said while His expression calmed down.

"So Arnav, will you go and rest?"

"I will but there's something important I have to discuss with you." He suddenly looked serious.

"Even me Arnav but I know you won't believe me."

"What is it?"

"Nothing. I'll say it when you have gotten rest." Am very scared to tell him because am afraid he won't believe me and side with his mother but even so, I still have to tell him.

Maybe later I'll be prepared.

"But I say I have something to say."

"You'll say it when you've gotten rest."

"Manu it's about..." I cut him short.

"I won't listen." I covered my ears. "Go get some rest."

"So now who's behaving like a child." His amused face is back.

"It's you that's acting stubborn and doesn't want to obey."

"But I want to enjoy Holi."
He started dancing.

"Okay, I have an idea."

"What is it?"
He stopped to listen.

"Rest for the morning and afternoon then I the evening, you'll join them in the party."

"Was the preparation for Holi finished?"

"Yes and Aesha will be coming but when she leaves, she'll go with Alisha."

"Okay Manu, I'll go rest now."

"Thank you Arnav."

He tired standing again but with the same difficulty so I assisted him by placing his arm across my shoulder and supported him in standing.

"Arnav stop forsaking your health."

"Wow Manu, I never thought you could care for me to this extend and even finding me." He looked deep into my eyes and we remained there until someone cleared her throat and brought me back to reality.

"Queen Manikarnika, are assistance is needed for the preparations." Pooja said.

"I'll go now." Arnav said whilst clearing his throat.

I saw a little blush from him and he scratched back of his head before shyly leaving.

What was that?

I saw Pooja smile and I proceeded in asking her what happened.

"What is it pooja?"

"Nothing. You and his majesty are okay again?"

"Yes Pooja and am very happy." She giggled and spined around. "That's how I felt when am with Vishnu. I can't wait for tomorrow."

"Pooja you said I was being called right? Let's go." I said quickly before she starts telling me all about her affairs with her husband. It's disgusting.

"Wait your highness!"

"What?"

"Happy Holi."

Oh no, I still have colors on me.

*****

The party had started and the gates of the palace were opened but security was tight either ways.

Ever since morning, we all have been greeting happy holi.

I looked down from the balcony from up the palace and watched the villagers dance and apply colors on their friends. They all look happy.

"Hey Manikarnika." I turned to see who called me and found Aesha smiling at me. She was holding a tray with some sweets and it had a quenching smoke.

"Aesha!" I squealed.

She held the tray with one hand making it possible for us to hug freely and we did.

She used the tray to round my face three times and then her palm to direct the smoke to me and after which she gave me some sweets.

I sought her blessings by touching her feet which she accepted by touching my head.
"No evil eye should fall upon you."

I smiled at her.

We looked to our side and found trays of colors on the table there so we proceeded there.

Aesha took some colors and applied on my cheeks.

"Happy holi Manikarnika."

I as well took colors from one of the trays and applied it on her face."
"Happy holi Aesha."

Just then Alisha came running towards me.

"Alisha!" I tried carrying her but she has added to her weight.

"Alisha I can't carry you anymore. What happened."

"What happened is that I am no longer a kid to be carried." She said faking hurt.

"Oh am so sorry Alisha." I acted like I was sorry.

"It doesn't matter, at least now you know and you won't repeat the mistake." She said waving her index finger at me.

"Yes, your highness." I bowed to her then we all laughed.

"Alisha, Here." Aesha gave her some colors and then she applied it on my cheeks. I took some colors from my face and then applied it on her cheek and then her nose which made her chuckle.

"Happy holi." We both say together and then laughed.

"Where's Arnav." Aesha asked.

"He is resting."

"I heard what happened to Arnav, am glad he's safe now. I guess bandits are just everywhere."

"Yes but how come they defeated Arnav's men? They were alot. Weren't the bandits Abit too much to be bandits?"

"I don't think so, Don't get paranoid. I also know that your life has been threatened too."

"You're right. Am being paranoid." I smiled to get out all the bad energy out. "Won't you see Arnav?"

"I will."

"Where's Sameer?"

"He is in the festive hall partying with the rest of our cousins. Won't you go see them?"

"I will."

"As always, am being forgotten." Alisha said below and it only made us laugh.

"We're sorry Alisha." I apologised.

"It's okay aunt Manu, mom lets go see uncle Arnav."

"Okay, let's go." She then turned back to me. "Manikarnika we'll be leaving."

"Okay Alisha." I waved at them before leaving.

I'll go to the festive hall to see krushi, Sameer and the others.

I was heading there but I heard Queen Adhira's voice from a room so I walked closer to hear more. Ever since I found out that Queen Adhira was the one who attacked me, I've been careful around her.

"Together we'll bring her down!"

____________________________________

Vote/comment/share/follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 2.7K 47
𝓡𝓪𝓷𝓲 𝓢𝓪: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓡𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝓰𝒶 ℴ𝒻 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶𝓂𝒹 𝒷ℯ𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓎𝒶𝓁 What happens when two people with t...
83.1K 2.6K 12
#1 in Short-story "Arnav, I love you so much... Please never Break my heart... Or else I won't be able to heal it again... I just can't even think...
475K 26.7K 81
BOOK 1 OF 'The WAR of Dynasties' SERIES ✨ Princess Chandralekha was born in a royal family and was promised to the wealthiest king, but little did sh...
529K 18.4K 50
It's a story about pratiksha, an innocent girl from a middle-class family. She falls in love with a wrong guys , but her destined one turns to be a b...