The Required Sides (RWBY x Ma...

By RedWolf118

Rewrite of my old book by the same title. Still technically my first book. Let me know if there's anything I... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3:
Y/n's Powers Explained

Chapter 2

58 0 1
By RedWolf118

"Boop!"

...Huh? Did someone say something? Ah whatever, sleep is more important. And more fun. And more, well, better.

"Hm, didn't work. Well, if something doesn't work the first time, then do it over and over again IN RAPID SUCCESSION!" Suddenly, I feel something lightly tapping my cheek repeatedly. Are they not going to stop? I really don't want to open my eyes or do anything. "Ugh, Y/n come onnnn, I'm bored."

Ah. That poutiness and clear lack of respect for other people's time can only be originating from one person. The only person I know that would try to suffocate their sister with a pillow in their sleep. Ruby Rose.

Whelp, time to ignore her!

*Ruby POV*

Poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, ...poke, ......poke

W-why isn't he waking up? Is there something w-w-wrong with him?! I start to lightly slap his cheek, hitting harder and harder. Eventually I get really scared, and wind up my arm, ready to fully slap Y/n's face. My palm was about to make contact when he grabs my wrist. 

"H-huh?"

"Ugh, well it seems like Operation: Ignore Ruby was a failure. Oh well, what do you want, ya cookie monster?" He says with eyes still closed, face remaining emotionless yet I can tell he's completely annoyed.

"Attention" I say with a closed-eye smile. He honestly shouldn't even have to ask that, it's a pretty obvious answer. "Yang wanted to go meet new people, and said she wanted to leave the socially awkward ones to be with each other. So, looks like we're stuck together." I finish with a giggle and poke him once more.

*Y/n POV*

"Well Rubes, looks like I'm not going to get rid of you anytime soon. So what's up? You nervous?"

"Y-yeah kinda, I'm just so much younger than everyone else here. W-what if people judge me and not like me?!" Just by the look in her eyes, I can tell that she's imagining all the possible situations where people judge her.

"Hey, hey calm down." I start rubbing the top of her head and petting her to try and sooth her. "Look, no one will care about your age, let alone bully you for it. If anything, they'll be impressed that you managed to get into Remnant's most prestigious academy 2 years early, let alone be invited by Ozpin himself. You'll be fine Ruby." She looks up at me with tears forming in her silver eyes.

"Y-you really think I'll do well?" I wipe away her tears and pat her head a few times for assurance.

"I know it." She gives me an absolute heart-melting smile with a hint of a blush on her cheeks. Sadly, this sweet moment was cut short due to a certain blondie coming back to mingle with the socially awkward once more. In an instant, the cookie gremlin was all over her asking about who she met and more specifically, their weapons. Since I've been left alone again, now would probably be a good time to catch up on some more sleep. Goodnight world...

*Timeskip brought to you by chibi Ruby getting the headpats she deserves*

I awake to the sound of people getting up next to me and realize that the bullhead has reached its destination. I've finally made it to Beacon. Mom... I did it. I step out and see a group of four people standing there seemingly greeting everyone. I look them over but one faunus in particular catches my eye.

Is that a bunny faunus? I've never seen one in real life before, only on a certain... website...

My concentration on the bunbun is broken by a buzzing from my scroll. It's Professor Ozpin.

(Y/n, I just saw that your bullhead arrived. If you could please come see me before we go to the entrance ceremony, that would be superb.)

(Sure thing, I'll be up in just a moment. Wait, where's your office?)

And great, no response. Now where the hell do I go? My concentration is yet again broken, but this time from someone tapping my shoulder. I turn around and see the bunny faunus I was staring at earlier, but this time she's right in front of me!

"Hello there! You looked a little lost, so I thought I could help you find the auditorium where the ceremony is held. That is, if it's ok with you." She tilted her head to the side with a smile.

"Oh, actually I was informed that Professor Ozpin wants to see me before the ceremony, but he apparently doesn't want to tell me where his office is. Could you give me a hand in finding it?" At first she looks confused why a first-year who just stepped off the bullhead has to see the headmaster, but gains a smile again.

"Of course, this way!" She started walking off, a motion which I copied soon after. After about a minute of walking she stops in front of an elevator. "This here will take you right up to the headmaster. Now if you'll excuse me, I should probably get back to my team. Hopefully I'll see you around!"

And with that, she runs off. I hate to watch her leave, but god damn do I love watching her go. Wait, did I even get her name? Oh god, no I didn't. I hope I see her again so I can get her name and maybe get to know her a little more. I turn around and walk in the elevator and push the button that'll take me to the top which is presumably where Ozzy is.

Soon after, the door opens and I'm greeted with the sight of a certain old man sipping from a mug.

"Ah good, Mr. L/n, you've arrived. Finally."

"Not my fault it took so long, you're the one who refused to tell me where you were. I had to have a second-year girl take me to the elevator because I looked so lost."

"No matter. Now come sit, we must discuss something." I walk in front of his desk and take a seat in the chair. After a short moment he looks up and at me. "Now, how goes the management of your power?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 3.3K 38
Izuku Midoriya, neglected and bullied due to his lack of a quirk, endured abuse from his family and friends, especially his twin sister Izumi and Kat...
82.7K 2K 18
It all started out so simple....... Just a quick refuel a quick stop nothing more........ on and off the planet just like that....... BUT IT WOULDN'T...
130K 5.6K 41
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ฆ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฃ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฉ๐š๐œ๐ค, ๐๐ฎ๐ฆ๐›๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ; ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข'๐ฆ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐จ๐ซ๐๐ž๏ฟฝ...
1.2M 39.1K 102
"๐™พ๐š‘, ๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š–! ๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜ ๐š•๐š’๐š๐š๐š•๐šŽ ๐š—๐šž๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐šœ! ๐™ธ๐š'๐šœ ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข'๐š›๐šŽ...๐š๐š˜๐š™๐š™๐šŽ๐š•๐šรค๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š‘...