The Verdict: Atty. Elara Lyne...

By PennFeather

Profession Series #1 "ALL rise, this court is currently in session. The Honorable Judge Elizar Sto. Domingo p... More

The Verdict: Atty. Elara Miranda
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 22

146 55 1
By PennFeather

MAKALIPAS ang ilang araw. Maaga kong gumising para mag-prepare sa trial nagsuot ako ng white long sleeve it was made by someone special, I partnered it with coat and slacks. Sinuot ko rin 'yung crescent moon necklace ko tsaka iyon bahagyang itinago.

The bail hearing turned out great, we're able to bail her out and let her stay in the hospital. Those officers that are gaurding her was sent back to their post. Kanluran is the one who are monitoring and taking care of Lav as of the moment.

"ALL rise. Department three of the Superior Court is now in session. Judge Clev Ramiscal presiding."

"Good morning, Ladies and Gentlemen. Calling the Case of the People of the Philippines vs. Lavinia Manzana. Case number 18 00432 1." He stopped for seconds. "You may all sit down." He added.

"Are both sides ready?" The Judge first remark.

"Yes, Your Honor."

The trial started.

The second Witness from the Prosecution sat on the Witness stand. The Prosecutor walk towards him to asked some question.

Isa na naman itong preso sa loob ng kulungan.

"Witness, can you describe what the killer looks like?" Tanong ni Prosecutor Jaz.

"Ano ho? Taho?"

"I'll ask one more time. Can you describe us what the killer's looks like?" Pag-uulit ng Taga-usig.

"Objection." Saad ko tsaka tumayo. "I don't think, the Witness can testify using the language he's not familiar with." Then, I sat down.

"Prosecutor?" Tanong ng Judge.

"I'll speak in Filipino for better communication, Your Honor."

"Proceed." The Judge added.

Huminga muna si Prosecutor Jaz bago humarap sa Witness.

"Witness, maari mo bang ilarawan sa'min ang nakita mong killer?" Tanong niya.

"Mag tatagalog ka rin naman pala binibini, pinahirapan mo pa ko." Saad ng Witness.

His name is leonel a high profile inmate.

"Uulitin ko ang tanong ko. Maari mo bang ilarawan sa'min ang nakita mong killer?" Tanong niya.

"Opo naman. Maganda seksi! Botel ng coke, yumm." Saad ng Witness. "Nanlilisik ang mata at may dalawang panyo, ang ganda niya, uhmm."

"Eto ba ang panyong iyon?" Tanong ng Prosecutor.

"Oho."

"Maari mo pa bang sabihin sa'min ang mga nakita mo?" Tanong ng Prosecutor.

"Nakabalot ang mukha niya tanging ang mga mata lang ang makikita pero, binibini magkasing seksi kayo. Ang akala ko nga ikaw 'yun. Sayang hindi ko siya naabutan baka pwedeng maka--"

Napahalakhak naman ako. "I'm sorry, your Honor."

Napatingin ako kila Dev ngayon na nanunuod ngayon, I winked at them and focused my attention to Jaz who is shouting right now.

"Umayos ka! Nasa loob ka ng kataas-taasang hukuman! Magpakita ka ng paggalang!" Sigaw ng Prosecutor.

"Does the Defense counsel wants to cross-examine?" The Judge asked.

"Yes, your Honor." I said and stood up. I grab some documents first before walking towards the Witness stand.

Tiningnan ako ng Witness tsaka ito nag-iwas ng tingin sabay ngisi.

"I'll just ask a couple more questions." I said "Gaano ka kasigurado na nakita mo ang nasasakdal sa krimen na iyon?"

"100%" Simpleng sagot nito.

"Kung ganon nais kong malaman kung paano mo ito nakita ng maliwanag?" I asked.

"Nakasuot ako ng contact lense."

Tumango-tango ako at humarap sa Jurors. "The fact the Witness vision aren't that clear and insisted that the Defendant is the one who is at the crime scene without enough evidence is absurb."

"Tatanungin kita Witness. Hindi 20/20 ang vision mo right?" I asked.

"Oho."

"Paano mo nakita ang mukha ng Defendant kung nakabalot ang mukha nito kung ganon?"

Natahimik ito ibinigay ko sa Clerk 'yung hawak ko'ng envelope.

"That envelope contains files from his Ophthalmologist whom, checked his eyes from his childhood till now." Saad ko. "It also include that the Witness ask his Ophthalmologist, three weeks ago to give him the first contact lense he will ever had. To sum up everything the Witness lies of wearing a contacts when the massacre happen. Also, how can a criminal wears a contact lense inside of a jail?"

"So, how can he pointed out that the Defendant is guilty for all the charge. Even, he didn't see the killer's face that night." I said and loooked at the Judge. "That's all, your Honor."

Mukhang hindi mapinta ang mukha ni Prosecutor Jaz. Bakit kaya? Ramdam na siguro niya ang tamis ng pagkapanalo ko, hmm?

"Call the next Witness of the Defense counsel." The Judge added.

I stood up. "Thank you, your Honor. I call to the stand Dr. Azalea Fajardo."

"Will the Witness please stand to be sworn by the bailiff?" The Judge asked.

Aza stood up and walked towards the Witness stand, she raised his right arm.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" The bailiff asked her.

"I do." Aza sat down, I approached her with a smile.

"According to your statement, you are with the Accused at the time of the incident, is that correct?"

Aza nodded. "Yes."

"Do you notice something unsual to the place or the Accused herself?"

She shook her head. "She was at her usual self, I don't think there is something unusual, except we are being watched."

"Being watched? Can you elaborate."

"There is someone who is tailing us, our every move, destination and even what we talked about."

I nodded. "Is there a time that the Accused excuse herself and leave?"

"There is none, she's just there chatting and celebrating with us."

I smirked. "So, the Accused is with you as the incident happens?"

"Yes, we are together."

I smiled and looked at the Judge. "That is all your Honor."

"Does the Prosecution wishes to cross-examine?" The Judge asked.

The Prosecutor nodded. "Yes, your Honor."

Jaz stood up and walked closer to the Witness, Aza smirked and stick her tongue out without anyone noticing.

"Witness, how sure are you that the Accused never left or excused herself assuming you are all drunk to notice?" Paunang tanong niyo.

"I wasn't drunk."

"But you just said, celebrating."

I stood up. "Objection, calls for speculation."

"Sustained."

Aza smirked. "Are you assuming that we are all drinking because we are celebrating?"

It back fired at her, lol.

"Next question, Prosecutor." Saad ng Judge.

Napalunon naman si Jaz tsaka nag-angat ng tingin kay Aza na kampanteng naka-upo.

"At the time of the incident, are you completely sure you never saw the Accused leave?"

"How many times do I have to repeat my answer? I never saw the Accused leave, why? Because I wasn't drunk, I am on call in the hospital, I have 20/20 vision and I was sitting beside her all the time."

The Judge nodded.

"How about the surgery that ha—"

"Objection, your Honor. This is irrelevant to the case." Sigaw ko.

"No, your Honor. Is it just a coincidence that the Defenant got sick the time she met her Attorney? When she was arrested she was completely fine."

"Do you now forsee the future? Sickness and illness are impossible to predict. We cannot predict anything because sometimes it may happen." Simpleng saad ni Aza.

"It just doesn't make any sense. The time that the Defendant is admitted, her condition also worsen."

Aza raised a brow. "Are you questioning my medical skills? If you're so great why don't you treat the patient yourself."

The Prosecutor smirked. "Are you doubting yourself right now?"

Aza laughed. "No, I'm just stepping aside because some so called Prosecutor Jaz is acting like a medical professional, a graduate with M.D in her name."

"As a Doctor in charge your suppose to know everything that is happening to the patient."

I stood up. "Your Honor, this topic isn't going anywhere. I request to move on to the next Witness."

"Let me answer this first." Aza stood up and pointed the Prosecutor. "I'm very much willing to explain the patient condition but the thing is... can you undersand anything that I will say? You're acting like a graduate with medical degree but the truth is you're just a trying hard bitch."

Napatawa naman ako sa sinabi niya, mukhang nabigla ang Judge. Pina-alis na si Aza sa Witness stand.

"Bitawan niyo ko, may paa at kamay ako." Sigaw niya habang tinatanggal ang kamay ng mga pulis.

Napa-iling na lang ako, isinunod na ang last Witness ng Prosecution.

"Can you tell us the exact amount of money that you received from the Accused?" The first question that the Prosecution asked.

"15 million." Simpleng saad ng Witness.

"In cash or bank transfer?"

"Bank transfer"

The Prosecutor nodded her head and give a docment to the bailiff.

"This is the record of the Witness bank book, I'll present this as an evidence."

Nang makuha iyon ng Judge napalunon ang Prosecutor. Tango-tango lang ang sinaad ng Judge.

"January 15, 2 p.m. The time that the Witness recieves the 15 million directly from the Accused's bank. It is indicated in both Witness and Defendant's bank book."

The Judge nodded. "Does the Defense counsel wants to cross-examine?"

"Your honor, I request to see the Defendant's book record to connect and prove the records that the Prosecution submitted."

I smile sweetly and stood up.

"January 15, 2 p.m. Philippine time, the Defendant is on a plane from Dubai to Philippines. How can a person use her bank account and sends money when she's up in the sky with her husband?"

Nanlaki naman ang mata ng Prosecutor. I winked at her and submitted the same document to the bailiff.

"As you can see, there were no record of the Defendant transfering that huge amount of money. You can check every account that the Defendant have." I said with so much confidence.

The Judge checked my documents.

"You can personally ask the persons in-charge in every bank that the Defendant have. In this case, I'll ask question to the Witness."

I walked towards her, she suddenly turned pale.

"Witness, did you see the Defendant herself bribering you and others?" Tanong ko.

"She wea—"

I smiled. "It's a simple yes or no question, Witness."

"No."

I nodded. "Did you see her give the money to you?"

"The mo—"

"Yes or no question, Witness."

She shook her head. "No."

"So you are saying that you accuse someone who you didn't know nor recognize?"

"Yes."

I smiled. "That is all, your Honor."

I smirked in-front of the Prosecutor and sit down. The Judge checked the documents I presented.

"Defense counsel, you may call your last Witness."

Nakangiti akong tumayo. Huling alas ko na 'to! Sana magtagumpay na.

"For my last Witness, I call to the stand Blacked Diaz."

Blacked took an oath first before sitting in the Witness stand.

"I'll ask some questions, Witness." Tumango naman siya sa'kin. "What's your relationship with the Defendant?"

"We know each other since childhood. I'm her cousin."

Nagkatinginan si Blacked at Lav, wala kang makikita sa mukha ng dalawa marahil nag-uusap sila sa isip.

"So, I assume you know everything about her?" I asked.

"Of course, I'm her cousin anyway."

"Do you know, where's your cousin at the time of the incident?" I asked.

"Of course, I'm the one who send her out."

"Sent her out to?"

"To the uptown bar where she'll be meeting her friends."

I clapped my hands and looked at the Judge. "You can vertify it in the CCTV records that I submitted last trial."

"You will see a man opening the door for the Defendant, wearing a suit and using a lamborgini car."

They checked the CCTV records first. After vertifying I looked at the Witness and let out a sigh.

"My next question is the most awaited question in this court." I said. "Is it true that the Defendant is part of a Illegal organization?"

"Of course...not." He said and added a killer smirk. "In fact, the Government knew our organization. We're one of the suppliers when it comes to firearms and bombs that are in need for PNP."

Napatingin ako kay Prosecutor Jaz na ngayon ay nanlilisik ang mga mata sa'kin. I shrugged.

"This is my last question." I said.

"Ask away."

"Do you perhaps know someone who is in this court that is part of an illegal organization?"

"Of course. I know someone, I've met her a couple times." He said.

Oppss, Its a trap! Run!

"Can you tell us her name, then? Better to point her/him out." I said while wearing a smirk.

"Its a pleasure, Attorney." Ngiting saad niya tsaka nanlilisik na tumingin kay Prosecutor Jaz. "Hi, Bambina."

Lahat ng tao sa loob ng court room ay napasinghap at nagsimula magbulungan. Mas lumakas ang bulungan ng lahat ng cellpone nila ay nagliwanag.

Alam ko isa lang ang laman ng sinend sa kanila. Its a trap, everyone.

"Well, look at that. The mighty Prosecutor Jazz Sambilay is part of an illegal organization. What a pleasant surprise."

Mas lalong lumakas ang bulungan ng lahat napatingin ako kay Prosecutor Jaz at nagkibit-balikat at pasimple siyang dinilaan.

"You bitch!" Malakas na sigaw niya.

Napataas naman ang isang kilay ko.

Nasakataas-taasang hukuman ka ta's tatawagin mo kong bitch! Walang pag-galang!

"Paano niyo nasabi na parte ko ng illegal na organisasyon? Wala kayong ibedensya!" Sigaw niya.

Naglakad ako palapit sa upuan ko para maupo.

"Tumigil ka! Hindi pa ko tapos sa'yo!" Sigaw niya.

Ngayon lang ako nakakita na nagwala sa loob ng court room. The Judge started shouting but no one listen.

"Bakit niyo paniniwalaan 'yan? You'll choose that bitch over me!?"

"Enough! Silence!" Sigaw ng Judge.

"Ohh! Shut up!" Sigaw ni Prosecutor Jaz sa Judge na ikinagulat ng lahat.

Matapang na tao ka, Ine.

"Everyone? You'll actually believe that kind of person!? A bitch! User! Crazy! Mental Ill! Attorney!" Sigaw niya.

"Listen to me all of you! You heard me right! That mighty Attorney Miranda is psycho!" Dagdag pa niya.

Nagbulungan ang lahat dahil sa mga sinasabi niya habang ako ay walang emosyon na nakatingin lang sa kaniya.

What now, bitch? Bring it on!

"How can you all believe! This conniving woman, she's not worth your respect! She's crazy! Psych! You prefer her more than me! A well mannered Prosecutor and respected human being!" Malakas na sigaw niya.

How can she say that huh? Really?

"That woman! Is conniving! Psycho! Mental ill! A freaking

Ex-convict."

-E.I-

Next update on 25, see youuu!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 54.4K 34
Broke and unemployed Jade Chimera hits the jackpot when she finds out her dead uncle left his mansion to her. One problem: her uncle's stepson, Kenji...