Mark My Words

By allithealleycat

"If you ever feel stupid, remember you're not the girl who rejected Liam Payne 22 times." But I was. And I re... More

Chapter 1: Flashback
Chapter 3: Sorry
Chapter 4: Promises
Chapter 5: Awake
Chapter 6: Friends
Chapter 7: Date
Chapter 8: Kisses
Chapter 9: Flight
Chapter 10: Pretend
Chapter 11: Home
Chapter 12: Twenty-Three
Chapter 13: Sunshine
Chapter 14: Truth
Chapter 15: Danielle
Chapter 16: Broken
Chapter 17: Final Straw
Chapter 18: Regret
Chapter 19: Best Gift Ever
Chapter 20: Back For You
Chapter 21: Elounor

Chapter 2: Familiar

67 3 0
By allithealleycat

-August 2011 “Present Day”-

“Please, Jordin,” Zayn whined. “Come hang out with me and the lads next week! I mean, come on, we’re going to Cancun! Mexico, for crying out loud! Who wouldn’t want to go there?” 

I had never been to Mexico, but I was really trying to focus on my studies. Zayn had been asking me to take a trip with him and his up-and-coming group, One Direction now for awhile. I was stressed out; maybe this was exactly what I needed. Just me, my best friend, and a bunch of guys and their friends relaxing on the beach… it sounded like paradise.

“Okay, I’ll come.” I could see the expression on his face and we were only talking on the phone. 

“Yes! I’ve already bought a ticket because I was going to make you come even if you said no. I’ll pick you up on Tuesday at 6:00 am, sharp. I can’t wait to see you!”

I missed him so much. Tuesday could NOT come fast enough. “Alright, see you then!” We hung up the phone. My excited and optimistic mind took control as I packed for a week in Mexico with the best guy in the whole entire world.

Time passed and the day finally arrived. I woke up at 5:30 to make myself somewhat presentable. I didn’t want to look like a complete bum in front of Zayn and his friends who I had yet to meet. I put on a light line of eyeliner on my bottom lid and straightened my hair. Of course you have to dress nicely while flying, so I wore dress pants and a shirt I just bought the day before.

At exactly 6:00 I heard a car honk. I rolled my suitcase out of the door and hollered a good-bye to my family. Zayn stepped out of the limo to help me with my bag. “You’re our last stop,” he said lifting my luggage. “I’ll introduce you to everybody.”

Zayn’s muscles were nearly popping out of his shirt. Even though he was just a friend, my eyes couldn’t help themselves. He placed my luggage in the trunk and opened the door for me. Perfect gentleman. I sat down next to him and one of the boys, he was blonde.

“Everybody, this is Jordin. Let’s go around and introduce ourselves now.”

The blonde kid had an Irish accent. He was adorable. 

“Hello miss, I’m Niall.” He put out his hand, grabbed mine and shook it. “And this here is my ole lad Billy.” Each boy brought one friend with them. I was Zayn’s, and one of two girls.

“Erm,” a boy with curly brown hair tried to speak. “I’m Harry. And erm, this is Alex.”

A boy with a white-striped tee shirt and suspenders rolled his eyes at Harry and shook his head. “Why are you always so nervous?”

“I’m not nervous,” Harry mumbled. 

“Well you always hesitate!”

“Hey now,” Zayn calmed them down. It was all in good fun, but we needed to know everybody.

“Well I’m Louis.” He took a sip of Starbucks coffee. It really made me think. Was there a Starbucks open around here? I wondered where they’d come from. “And the guy over there sleeping is my friend Frankie. You’ll like him, Zayn told me so.”

I nudged Zayn in the arm. He laughed at me.

I turned to the last boy, the quiet one who looked very familiar. But how could I have known him? Either way, he was gorgeous. Forget about Frankie or whoever Louis brought with him, I liked this boy. I couldn’t tell if he was really texting somebody or just trying to avoid introductions.

Harry poked the boy on the cheek. “Don’t be rude.” He whispered.

This boy’s beautiful brown eyes met with mine. He bit his lip and looked back down at his phone. “I don’t need to introduce myself.”

That voice.

“And what makes you so special?” Zayn stood up for me.

“She already knows me. We’ve met before.”

Everyone stared at me, puzzled. I didn’t want to face the truth. Was this really the same boy from grade school? The one who was always so quiet and sickly? Was he now famous? And hot? In a band with my best friend? Was the girl sitting next to him his girlfriend? I hoped not.

“I never thought I would have to see you again, Jordin.”

“I never imagined seeing you again, Liam."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 443 32
❝don't runaway from me, jasmine. you know you want me just as bad as i want you. don't deny it..❞...
333K 17.3K 23
'"At least you're not the girl who rejected Liam Payne 22 times." Except I was.' Everybody has that one guy; the one that got away. But not ever...
104K 2.8K 17
"Why do you keep pretending you're afraid of me?" He hissed, obvious anger in his eyes. "Because Louis; if I'm not afraid of you I'll...
4.4K 163 18
Choices make life. Choose right, everything will fall in place. Choose wrong, you and the people around you will be challenged. But are there...