Playlist

By I_am_ging

She wonders what kind of song suits him. More

Playlist

28 1 0
By I_am_ging

Lightly touching the white wooden frames of a familiar garden, I slowly walked ahead trying to match the beat of the song I was listening to. I arrived at the end of the fence and turned left. As the song started its chorus, I saw you.

There you were, standing under the street lamp waiting for me. Honestly, you looked suspicious. A man in the dead of the night, standing under the sole light of a dark street, clad in a long black cardigan and black trousers. You screamed danger, but my heart said otherwise. The pitter-patter it gave as I called you and as your eyes landed on me, soared me through the clouds. And when you turned completely, facing entirely at me, I was suddenly transported to another world— a music video of a cheesy love song. The stars behind you suddenly glowed brighter, just like that unforgettable night where you heroically set those fireflies free.

My feet started accelerating as I hurriedly ran to you. I was a little breathless by the time I reached you, but the sweet tune in my head muffled my pants. "Slow down," you then said as I stopped abruptly in front of you, and I could only chuckle embarrassingly in reply.

Noticing my disheveled hair, I did run quite fast, I quickly raised my hand to fix it. But before I could do it, I suddenly felt your fingers sifting through the tangled mess. From the loose gaps of my fringes to the tip of my hair , I saw your slender digits brushing a few rebellious strands to the side. I stood frozen for a second, a little bit unsure of what to do as you ran your fingers through my hair. But after a while, I felt my heart melting. Your action was so gentle and I couldn't help myself from leaning in more to your touch.

"Were you that excited to see me?" you teasingly said.

Was I that obvious? I felt my cheek burning and I heard you gave a mirthful hum, as if you were so satisfied with my blushing. Well, it's about time I should get use to this, shouldn't I? You had always loved teasing me ever since.

You were taller than me, my head barely reaching your shoulders— eyes to chest I slowly peaked at you. From my point of view I could see your jawline and nose. A lot of celebrities would despise having a camera pointed to them at this angle, but in your case, that wouldn't be a problem. They were beautifully sculpted, like the gods decided to put them there specifically and—

As if hearing my thoughts, you caught my blatant staring. We locked our eyes and you smiled. That smile that I equally love and hate. The smile that's so warm and handsome but holds a mystery behind.

The song from the earphones I have long forgotten suddenly came back to the picture. It enveloped us softly, akin to the soothing halo of the moon above us. Your eyes twinkled and I could see my reflection in them. When the music started its last chorus, a thought came to my mind.

You were always an enigma, a puzzle piece I have yet to fully complete. So, I wonder what kind of music playlist would I create if I based it on you?  What kind of songs would be in it? What songs would match you? How would each song sound? Ballad? Blues? Rock? Pop? Maybe some ambient music or classical?

I was lost in your eyes trying to look for an answer.

"A penny for your thought?" you softly said, stealing me away from my reverie. Your hands have long left my head, I just noticed, and that made me I feel a little empty inside.

Um. Do you listen to music, Lucien?

Your brows rose up a bit to my question. "Music?" you answered.

Yes. Music. Do you have a favorite genre or a favorite artist?

"No. Nothing in particular. Why do you ask?" You cocked your head to the side as you questioned.

What do you think about music?

"I think music—" you answered, your voice turning to that professor-tone you use when your in my show— "has its advantages. In fact, studies have shown that particular forms of music help boost the cognitive functions of our brain, lighting up particular nerves that help us process information more efficiently. Many researches have also suggested that music can help with recovering stressful situations."

Well, thanks for telling, Mr. Professor. But that's not what I want to know. I want to know what you think about music! You. Personally.

Your brows slightly knitted and your forefinger and thumb found their way to your chin as you gave my question more thought. You gave a short hum and thoughtfully said "I don't dislike it. I listen to some classical music from time to time."

Don't you want to listen more?

"I don't have to. You're voice is enough for me. Your voice is music to my ears," the words fell out from your lips so smoothly.

I felt my face heat up. I was so taken aback by your answer that my heart felt like it screamed an octave higher than normal. I suddenly heard buzzing bees in my ears. I think I blurted some incoherent statement because I heard you chuckling. All the time,  I always cannot fathom how you could throw such cheesy lines without cringing. I cleared my throat and tried to calm down.

Alright. That's it! I've finally decided. You are a cheesy love song, Lucien!

"Love song?" you replied, and then a flash of realization crossed your face. "I see. That's why you were asking me." Suddenly, you snorted loudly.

It was very uncharacteristic of you to make such a noise. But what surprised me more was when you let out a laugh— a hearty laugh! You raised the back of your hand to your mouth and clutched your sides as you tried to hide it. Your eyes brightened up with glee and then squinted in delight forming little wrinkles around the side in the process. You, I realized, have almost never laughed like this before!

"Little fool," you said and lightly flicked the tip of my nose, "what were you thinking?" Your laughter subsides to deep chuckles.

I was just thinking what kind of songs will I include if I make a Lucien Playlist.

You gave me another smile. And not a mysterious one this time. It was one of those rare grins you give me that shows who you really are. "How about let's go home and decide together?" You carefully slid you hand to mine and intertwined our fingers. "Shall we?"

Lucien

"Yes?"

I hope you laugh more. Your voice is also music to my ears.

How's that for a cheesy reply, I internally thought as we made our way back, leaving sweet tones on our trail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

717K 23K 81
Follow the story of Cathy Potter as she and the entire school of Hogwarts sees what their future has in store for them... Best Rankings: #3 - Lily Ev...
519K 17.5K 167
Sevyn and Von hung around the same people but did not like each other. But they were just cordial. Until Von's birthday came up and Sevyn was the onl...
134K 4.6K 33
๐‚๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐ˆ๐“ ๐–๐‡๐€๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐–๐€๐๐“ โ› ๐–ฒ๐—๐–บ๐—‹๐—‹๐—’ ๐–พ๐—’๐–พ๐—Œ ๐—Œ๐—‰๐–บ๐—‹๐—„๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—Ž๐—‰ ๐—†๐—’ ๐–ฝ๐–บ๐—‹๐—„๐–พ๐—Œ๐— ๐—‡๐—‚๐—€๐—๐—๐—Œ. โœ ใ€ ๐€ ๐๐ข๐œ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐š๏ฟฝ...
1.6M 28.9K 63
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...