Since 1970

By MissusHufflepuff

"Do you love me?" Hermione asked. "I do," he replied. "Since 1970." More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
The Final Chapter

Chapter 21

1.1K 52 5
By MissusHufflepuff

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

.

Chapter 21:

September 19, 1974

(twenty-one years ago)

"Hermione? What are you still doing here?" asked Amelia when her friend emerged from the bathroom and saw her sitting on her own bed, already dressed for the day.

Hermione was tapping her fingers on the bed in a non-musical way and biting her lower lip.

"You know that Severus waits for you every day. He must be downstairs already," Amelia approached her.

"I'm nervous," she admitted.

Amelia smiled and cast a quick-drying spell on herself using her wand before touching her hair. "Let's braid your hair. Turn around."

She obliged and let Amelia fuss with her hair. "You know," her friend said, "it's normal to be anxious, but don't overthink. He's been your friend for five years now. You're lucky that your best friend is in love with you. Unlike most of us. Either we'll have to face the person betrothed for us since we were in nappies, or get to know some guy and if it doesn't work, we'll have to try again."

Hermione smiled and relaxed her shoulders. "Did someone ask you out already?" she inquired.

She snorted. "Someone asked me but I found out that I was a second option."

"What? Who?" she shrieked and turned around but Amelia held her head firmly.

"Relax, Mione. Honestly, it's not a big deal, that's why I haven't mentioned to you and Alona."

"But who was the boy?" she asked curiously.

"A Slytherin. Don't ask more questions. I don't want to talk about it not because I am hurt, or was hurt - but because he doesn't matter, anyway."

"How did you know that you were a second option?"

"Thanks to Sirius Black's annoying little brother, Regulus. He was eavesdropping in the library when the wizard reminded me of our supposed date and Regulus blurted out something like he was too slow to ask the first girl that's why he needed a second option. Merlin, you should've seen my reaction. I could kiss Regulus at that time."

Hermione chuckled at an image of first-year Regulus Black blurting out. Little Regulus was adorable. He would ask Severus to tutor him in Potions because he was afraid his mother might send him a howler if he got low marks. Just like Sirius Black, his older brother, Regulus was handsome, had long curly black hair, and grey eyes. But he was adorable and had a pleasing personality, that was why Hermione liked him.

"There. French braid," Amelia declared and released her hair. "Who knows later you might get a French kiss," she teased and giggled.

"Amelia!" she exclaimed.

.

Hermione finally made it downstairs. Severus was already waiting outside, leaning on the opposite wall, one hand in his robe pocket and the other hand was holding a bouquet of pink roses. He smiled the moment their eyes met.

"Hello," she greeted rather bashfully.

Severus moved to meet her and handed her the bouquet. "Happy birthday," he said softly.

She accepted the bouquet and allowed him to get her bag. "Thank you."

"Alice brought food for the two of us in our classroom," he informed. "Only if you would like to have breakfast there. You know, to avoid the crowd."

Hermione chuckled and nodded. "All right. Lead the way, Mr. Snape."

Severus grinned and offered his arm. They walked arm-in-arm to the third floor where their shift potions lab was. Years ago, they found the old and unused classroom near the Clock Tower entrance and far enough from the Charms classroom. When they arrived there, Severus quickly warded the door. She saw several dishes on the teacher's desk and there were two chairs on both sides. He helped her to a seat and filled her plate with food before he settled.

"I asked Alice and Frank to join us, but they refused," Sev informed her again. "They decided to eat at the Great Hall."

"Is it really all right with you to eat here?" she asked hesitantly.

"Yes, Hermione," he replied promptly. "If we go to the Great Hall, I wouldn't be able to walk you to the Ravenclaw table."

To get back to Lily, Hermione, Sev, Alice, and Frank planned to fool the redhead witch. They pretended that the four of them had a row - that Alice and Frank broke up - though they did not tell everyone the reason why. But Lily was quick to assume that Alice believed her; that she and Frank broke up because Hermione was flirting with her friend's boyfriend. Severus pretended as well to ignore Hermione and Frank. The two wizards weren't potions partners anymore. Lily quickly settled herself in Sev's side during Potions, much to Hermione's dismay (and jealousy), but her best friend assured her that he wasn't talking to the redhead witch.

The four of them have been meeting secretly in their shift potions lab for four days now. Severus didn't mind when Alice and Frank were around, as long as she still brewed with him.

Severus reached for her hand, causing her to drift away from her musings. "I want to spend time with you."

Hermione smiled and squeezed Sev's hand. "I'm glad. I like spending time with you as well."

Sev stared at her for a moment and she could tell that he was nervous. "You know that you're my favourite person, right? And that I care for you a lot."

She nodded affectionately. "I do."

"And you are aware that... I like you more than a friend."

She nodded nervously.

"Would you..." He trailed off. "Uh, will you be my girlfriend, Hermione?"

"Yes," she replied promptly, holding her breath.

Severus grinned and relaxed in his seat, but tightened his hold to her hand. "Oh, Hermione. You don't know how good it feels to be... liked back."

But I love you, she thought but did not tell him because she wanted to take things slowly with him.

Sev, without releasing her hand, stood up and moved to her side, pulling her up. She stood up as well, but Sev was very tall, so she had to crane her neck. "May I kiss my girlfriend?" he whispered.

She smiled and nodded. Sev's face inched closed and she closed her eyes. Sev pressed his lips to hers rather chastely, then hugged her tightly.

It was a very chaste kiss, but Hermione blushed furiously and her heart couldn't stop jumping with joy. She leaned into his embrace.

Finally, Hermione Puckle is no longer single, she thought with a smile.

.

September 24, 1974

(twenty-one years ago)

Hermione re-read her parents' letter while waiting for Severus in their shift potions lab after her last class.

No snogging in the alcoves.

No inappropriate touches.

No kissing in the library and your secret hideouts.

No sneaking to each other's dormitories.

Hermione snorted at that. Even if they wanted to, they couldn't because they were in different houses and were sharing a room with their fellow students.

No locking of your Hogwarts compartment door unless you're with your friends.

Hermione chuckled. It must have been Mona who thought that she and Sev would be making out on Hogwarts Express. Great. I'll still be a virgin when I graduate, she shook her head. But she was not disappointed or upset. On the other hand, she appreciated her parents' strictness. She and Sev might just cross the boundaries and do something they would eventually regret.

"Apologies if I kept you waiting."

Hermione quickly folded the letter and hid it in the inside pocket of her school robe. Sev placed his bag and books on the desk before joining her on the transfigured sofa. "Evans cornered me after Charms to ask for help," he rolled his eyes.

He pulled her closer and she rested her head on his chest. "That's all right," she assured him.

"What were you reading when I came in?" he asked conversationally, his arms were wrapped around her.

"Just my parents' letter," she replied, slipping her arms around his waist.

"About their rules?" he asked quietly.

"Uhum," she replied.

"How do you feel about it?"

"It's fine. I'm sure they're only doing their jobs as parents. Aren't you upset?"

"Hermione, I have great respect for your parents and I don't want to break their trust," he replied patiently.

"Good. We're on the same boat, then."

Sev ran a hand on her hair. "How's your day?"

"Fine. I earned fifteen points today from Professors Flitwick and Sprout. And yours?"

"Good, but Evans wouldn't stop bothering me." He sounded displeased.

She chuckled. "What did she do now?"

"That girl dared to ask me if I was planning on inviting her to Hogsmeade next weekend."

Hermione, feeling a bit possessive, tightened her hold around his waist. "And you answered no?"

Sev chuckled and kissed her temple. "Of course. I told her that I have more important things to do than strolling in a village full of people."

She smiled and looked up to him, resting her chin on his chest. "And what are you planning to do on the day of the first Hogsmeade visit?"

Sev caressed her cheek. "Spend time with you, of course. But only after Quidditch practice, if you don't mind."

She cocked an eyebrow. "Quidditch practice?"

"Oh. Yaxley had good news before I arrived here. I made it to the Slytherin team - Chaser."

Hermione looked up to him happily and kissed his cheek. "Congratulations! Why wait for three days before they revealed the results?" she asked. Three days ago, Saturday, Severus tried out for the Chaser position. Last week, he ordered the newest and fastest broomstick model with the money he got from his grandparents.

"They had a deliberation because there were six of us in the tryouts, but only two were needed," he explained.

"You'll make a good Chaser, for sure. As long as you don't chase other girls."

Severus laughed loudly and pinched her nose. "You, silly witch. You're the only person in the world I would love to chase. And how do you know that I'll make a good Chaser, hmm? Potter is the best Chaser in Hogwarts, according to a group of giggling girls.

"You're good at everything you do," she replied confidently. "And you're waaaay better than Potter."

Severus smirked and she saw the contentment in his eyes. "Thanks for always believing in me."

She smiled back. "Always."

.

September 25, 1974

(twenty-one years ago)

"Remus, do you trust me?" Hermione asked softly and rather reluctantly when he met her in their shift potions lab. She and Sev decided that it's best if Hermione would speak with Remus alone, but Sev was just waiting outside the room.

Remus frowned, but only for a few seconds and then nodded. "You're a very good friend and a kind person, Hermione. Of course, I trust you," he replied sincerely.

"Good. Uhm... I hope you won't be mad, but Sev and I noticed something about you," she began, twisting her hands nervously.

Remus offered her a small smile. "I was already expecting you to notice. You and Snape are the brightest students in our year."

"Er, thanks. Well, I hope you don't mind... we did some research to help you with your monthly situation..."

Remus chuckled. "Gods, Hermione. You make it sound like I have a monthly period."

And that made her laugh, too.

"Get to the point. I won't be mad, I promise."

"Well, have you heard of Aconite Potion?" she asked softly.

.

October 1, 1974

(twenty-one years ago)

Hermione and Alice, already in their long-sleeved and trousers pajamas, were waiting nervously in the shift potions lab. They were waiting for their boyfriends. It had been an hour ago since the full moon started; thirty minutes ago when the two wizards checked on Remus into the Shrieking Shack. They were not sure if the potion would work, but Frank and Sev took the risk of going out to check on their werewolf friend.

"I hope the potion worked," she muttered to Alice.

Her friend reached out for her hand and squeezed it. "You and Sev did it perfectly, for sure."

She gave her a hesitant look. "Well, the colour was perfect, but we aren't sure of the effects."

"Do you hear someone howling from here?" asked Alice. She shook her head. "Then Remus must've fallen asleep."

"But what if there'd be side-effects in the morning after?" She worried again.

"Stop overthinking, Mione. Severus is a Slytherin. Slytherins don't ask 'what if' questions because they're cunning and determined when they want something. And he wants to help you help Remus. He agreed to help you with the potion because you're important to him."

Hermione eventually relaxed and smiled. "Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do without my girlfriends," she admitted.

Alice bumped her shoulder to hers. "But I'm your best girlfriend, right?"

She shook her head but chuckled. "Don't tell Amelia and Alona."

The two girls laughed and talked about their other friends. Hermione finally stopped worrying (for a moment) about Remus. After a few more minutes, their wizards entered the room, both grinning. Both wizards opened their arms for their witches. "It worked."

Hermione ran into the arms of her love and nuzzled Sev's neck. "Oh, Merlin! I hope everything will be all right in the morning."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 185 19
"You want Ron back and I want Astoria back," he said with his classic Malfoy smirk on his face "so what if we fake date."
2.6K 191 66
Will you keep loving me, even if I'll hurt you? Will you keep loving me, even if I'll use you? Will you love me again, if I won't let go of you? -
206K 5K 24
"Um, sir. Your Niffler, he's escaped again!" "Oh dear! I'm sorry, I got distracted by your beauty."
491 2 20
" Do you love me? " " Don't make me say something we'll both regret Lupin " Remus Lupin x Fem! oc Marauders era! Started: 27/5/2024 Ended: EXTENDED...