What happens in Vegas

By NightTime_Storiexs

Bella, Ava, and Charlotte have just graduated the hell hole known as high school and are over the moon about... More

1| Expectations
2| Jet lag
3| Wanderlust
4| Sharing
5| Danger
6| Creep
7| Magnet
8| Junkie
9| Adrenaline
10| Italian
11| Bourbon
12| Psycho
13| Fool
14| Ariel
15| Hideout
16| Avoid
17| Sand
18| McDonald's
19| Better
20| Midnight
22| Husband
23| Angel
24| Harry
25| Styles
26| Bouquet
27| Voila
28| Swoon
29| Reality
30| Formalities
31| Kids
32| Coward
33| Mood
34| Volcano
35| Road
36| Clash
37| Love
38| Parents
Epilogue
NEW BOOK

21| Death

9.8K 331 152
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 21: Death (Bella's POV)

I stepped out of the shower in my towel and headed over to the bed to grab my dress. It was clearly, now the next day, actually the next night, and we were heading over to Wanderlust. Obviously, after the Grand Canyon, we were all very exhausted and couldn't even move our legs. I'm still struggling a bit but we're hanging in there. 

I was going to grab my dress when there was a knock on the door. I turned around and walked over to the door. "Who is it?" I asked before opening the door. 

"The devil," Noah answered. 

I chuckled before pulling the door open and stepping aside to let him in. "Hey," I sang, letting my eyes scan him head to toe. He looks good in everything, there's nothing the man can't wear. 

"Like what you see?" he smirked. 

"Always," I sighed dreamily. 

"Oh, I see," he chuckled. 

I pushed myself off the door that I was leaning on and headed for the dress. I scanned it up and down before pulling out the heels and putting them on the floor. "Right. I'm going to put on makeup and do something with my hair. Enjoy," I shrugged before going into the bathroom. I shut the door and dropped the towel before pulling on the hotel bathrobe. 

I opened the door and started doing my makeup. I looked up in the mirror and saw him standing in the doorway, staring at me. I cleared my throat, "Creep," I coughed. He smiled before walking in and standing behind me. 

"Your creep," he sighed, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder. I smiled and continued doing my makeup, trying not to get too distracted by the kisses on my shoulder where the robe had oh-so conveniently slipped off. "Bella," he mumbled. 

"Noah," I whispered mockingly. 

His eyes met mine in the mirror and his expression changed. It was serious. The mischief and the flirt gone. I raised my eyebrows, not wanting to pressure him into telling me anything. "I got a letter from Berkley," he said. 

My heart was pounding against my ribcage in a way it shouldn't be. We have four days left here in Vegas. Four days. If he gets in, that could change everything. We could actually be together. Not just for the summer. 

"And?" I asked hesitantly, "Did your parents open it?" 

He nodded. I turned around to face him, waiting to see if he would tell me. "I got in," he whispered. 

My lips broke out into a grin, the kind that's rare. I put my arms around him and pulled him into a hug which he reciprocated and gripped my waist tightly. "Oh, my god, I'm so happy for you," I squealed. I pulled back to look at his face but there was no smile there, not even a fake one. "What's wrong?" I asked, caressing his cheek. 

"Bella, I actually really like you. I have genuine feelings for you. And I don't want this to turn into a sad old summer love. I genuinely want to be with you. Not just for a summer." 

My mouth formed a small 'O' as I processed what he said. Maybe I should tell him that I got in too. But then how do I tell him I don't even want to go? Our situations are similar but different. His parents may not be as understanding as mine, or my parents may not agree with me, I might not be able to convince them. I don't want to tell him that when it's so uncertain. 

"Noah?" I cleared my throat. He looked up at me, his eyes locking in place with mine. "I got in too," I whispered. 

His eyes lit up. "What?" he asked in disbelief. 

"Yeah, um my parents opened the letter. I got in." He started grinning like the whole world was done right and his life became a fairytale with a happy ending and knowing that I could possibly shatter that, broke my heart. "I just didn't tell you. I wanted to know if you got in first," I shrugged, lying to him. 

"Are you serious? You should have told me," he laughed before pulling me against him and into another hug. 

"I wanted to know if you'd be there," I whispered, my arms around him while I stared at the blank wall. 

"I'll be there. You'll be there. We'll be there together," he chuckled. 

"Yeah, together," I smiled. 

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

I downed another shot before turning to Noah who was sitting on the barstool beside mine, sipping Scotch. "How come you never get drunk?" I slurred. 

"I've built my tolerance to alcohol," he shrugged, watching me with a lazy smile. 

"I haven't, clearly," I snorted. 

"I think you handle it just fine," he laughed. 

"Really?" I grinned. 

"Definitely," he nodded. 

I propped up my elbow on the counter and rested my head in my hand, spinning the stool so I face him completely. "You're so pretty, Noah," I mumbled, brushing his hair out of his eyes. 

"Thank you, I don't get that very often. It's usually charming, or handsome, or hot," he smirked. 

"Well, I think you're pretty. And beautiful. And stunning." 

He nodded, "I appreciate that." 

"I appreciate you," I sang, "I wish you were nicer to me in high school. I would have fallen in love with you. In a heartbeat." 

He shook his head, "I was an asshole in high school." 

I grunted, "You were an asshole for no reason. You could have been nice. You could have said hi to me when I said it to you. You could have thanked me for congratulating you on your wins. For cheering for you. My school's enemy. But you didn't. Ungrateful," I muttered, standing up. 

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him until I stood between his legs. "I'm grateful I found you in Vegas." 

"Are you now?" I giggled. He nodded. I leaned down by his ear and whispered, "Then show me." I pulled away enough to look at him, noticing the quizzical look in his eyes. "Marry me!" I grinned. 

"I think that's enough drinks for you," he mumbled. 

"I'm serious," I pouted, "Marry me, Noah." 

"It's two in the morning, I think we should get you back to the hotel," he chuckled while standing up. I huffed, folding my arms across my chest with a frown. "If I go to the bathroom, can you wait for me, Bella?" 

I looked at him begrudgingly. "If you can marry me." He shot me a pointed look. "Fine, if you can kiss me," I grinned. He leaned down and kissed me shortly before pulling away. He made sure I was sitting in my seat and then went off to the bathrooms. 

In the meantime, I spotted Oli. He was stumbling around like me. Oli can marry me. Right? No, he should marry Charlotte. I should get them married. I looked at the bathroom door, then at Oli who was with Charlotte, sitting at the counter now. I stood up and walked over to them. 

"Hey," they grinned. 

"Come with me," I slurred. 

After wandering around the neighborhood, we finally found a chapel. We stumbled through the doors, me ushering the two inside. Charlotte was not even near as drunk as Oli and I were, so she went and sat down, frustrated with us. 

"I want a wedding," I said to the old lady at the desk. 

"Have you got rings?" she asked. I shook my head. "It's simple gold bands, $200 dollars a ring." 

"Done deal, ma'am," I giggled. 

"There's a wedding in progress. You two can go next," she shrugged. It's so easy getting married in Vegas. Oli went and sat down, I paid. I brought $500 dollars with me, don't ask why, but hey, they're coming in handy now, aren't they? I paid $400 and took the two rings, going and sitting with Oli, noticing Charlotte was gone. 

"Where'd she go?" I frowned. 

"Bathroom," he mumbled. 

The doors to the chapel flew open and Lucas and Ava walked out, laughing like maniacs. They ran out of the chapel, a fake bouquet in her hands with a veil. She tossed the bouquet and I managed to catch it, standing up to do so. 

"You two, next!" 

I looked at Oli in confusion when the entry doors swung open and Noah came running in. "What the hell are you doing?" he asked. 

I looked back and forth between him and Oli. 

Huh.

"Me and Oli are getting married," I shrugged. I looked at Oli who nearly passed out in his seat. 

"What is wrong with you? I get that you're drunk. Off your ass. And suddenly want to get married but I mean- god, come here," he sighed, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to him. 

"Then marry me," I grinned. 

"Bella, you're drunk," he said slowly. 

"Marry me, Noah," I sang, stubbornly. 

"Bella," he scolded. 

"Marry me!" I whined, kneeling down on the ground. 

"For the love of God," he mumbled, kneeling in front of me. 

"Marry me?" I smiled, asking sweetly. 

"Jesus, okay, fine," he huffed. I grabbed his hand, grinning like a fool and slipped the gold band on. I gave him the smaller one and he rolled his eyes, slipping it onto my ring finger on the left hand. 

"Good thing there's no priest here," he whispered under his breath. "Okay, now can we-" 

I cut him off and grabbed the back of his neck, pulling his lips down to mine quickly. His hands flew down to my waist as he steadied me and kissed me back. I pulled away and grinned up at him. 

"You two. Come on in!" We both looked up and saw the priest. 

Till death do us apart, baby.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter twenty-one

Do you think they actually got married or was Noah able to get her out of there?

next chapter: husband

maybe it's real, maybe it isn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

684K 21.6K 55
*Highest rank #9 in Teen fiction * Adam Smith, popularly known as the badass of the school-- wild, charming, and terrifying. People know Adam for eit...
18.7K 327 42
Bella is going into senior year with her two best friend Luna and Evie. She had amazing grades and great friends. The only thing she wasn't looking f...
483K 8K 31
"Your really are the biggest pain in my ass." "I'm glad you've given me such an amazing roll being down that end. Wouldn't want to be a pain in your...
372K 10.7K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...