Chance Encounters

By musingsbymaia

Son Ye Jin - Yoon Jin Ah Hyun Bin - Hwang Ji Sung Photos found in the internet. CTTO. More

Start
Yoo Jin Ah
Clash
Blind Dates
Coffee and Flowers
Min Tae Gu
Soju
Missing Min
HR Approved
Date Night
Stronger
The Chairman
Next Step
Distractions
Accidents
Healing
Moving On
London
Proposition
On Hold
Saying Goodbye
Apart
Holidays
Christmas
Home
Good Vibrations
Another Goodbye
Long Distance
The End
Epilogue

Off to Daegu

1.3K 122 6
By musingsbymaia

Jin Ah called her parents as soon as Ji Sung agreed to spend the weekend in Daegu.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Eomma!"

"Jin Ah! How are you?" her mother enthusiastically greeted. "We miss you, my Darling."

"I miss you and Appa, too! That's why I am calling actually. Eomma, would you mind it if I came home this weekend?"

"No! Not at all! You know your Appa and I stay at home most days. Come over! It will be good to see you."

Jin Ah bit her lip before she continued to what she would be asking. "Ummm, Eomma? There is one thing though."

"What is it?"

"I'm bringing over someone. I... I wanted to introduce him to you and Appa."

Her mother was silent for a while. This would be the first time that Jin Ah brought home a boyfriend to introduce to her parents. They had known that she dated in the past but none became serious enough to be formally introduced. "Omo! Is this true, Jin Ah?"

"Yes, Eomma. He is very kind and I wish you would allow me to introduce him?"

"Of course! Of course! I shall have the guest room ready."

"Eomma, he can stay in a nearby hotel so as not to trouble you so much," Jin Ah offered.

"Nonsense. Your guest will stay with us. Omo! We cannot wait to see you both. Hurry home, okay Darling?"

"Yes. Eomma. I will. See you in a few days!"

Jin Ah ended that call feeling light hearted. The darkness brought by the conversation with the Chairman almost completely gone. Thanking the heavens for her parents, she went about with her work looking forward to the weekend at home.

*

Jin Ah and Ji Sung went to the shopping district on Thursday night at Ji Sung's insistence to purchase some gifts for her parents when they arrived. They decided to leave early on Friday so that they arrive at her parent's house in the evening in time for dinner and would get to spend the whole of Saturday and most of Sunday in Daegu.

"Do you think your Father would like this?" he asked, holding up a heavy coat that can be used for outdoor activities.

"Yes but Ji Sung that's so expensive! Let's get something else."

"Like what?"

Jin Ah thought about it. "Tools! He likes fixing things around the house. Maybe those are better."

"But won't he have those already?"

"Let's go check anyway. I'm sure they'd have new stuff."

They ended up buying him work gloves to protect his hands, a mini tool set he can carry wherever he goes and a Swiss Army knife. For her mother, they got her gardening tools, new seeds she can plant and some dried spices she can use for cooking. Ji Sung also insisted on going to the grocery to buy additional provisions for her parents. "Let's get ingredients for a dinner, too? Let's cook for them? What do you think?"

"Sounds like a great idea!"

Watching him as he scanned the aisles and read through the contents of each package they bought, Jin Ah sighed contentedly. "I adore you," she whispered.

Turning to her direction, he asked, "Hmm? Sorry. What did you say?"

"Nothing. Are you done? I think we have other things we need to get."

Ji Sung insisted that Jin Ah stay over on Thursday night so that she doesn't have to take her luggage to work on Friday and they can just store it in Ji Sung's car so they could drive directly to Daegu from work.

Finally, it was time to drive to her hometown. "I haven't been home for so long! Thank you for agreeing to do this."

"Thank you for inviting me," Ji Sung said, taking her hand and kissing it without taking his eyes off the road. "Why don't you rest? I'll wake you up when we're close."

Jin Ah followed his advice, but she was too excited that she only slept for an hour and was up before the even entered the city premises. "Are there any places you want to visit? We have a couple of nice museums we can visit. There's also a beautiful lake! Let's go there."

"Okay, we should."

She kept on rattling off places until she realized he was mostly silent. "Hey, what's wrong? Do you not want to do this?"

"No, no. It's not that. I'm just a little worried," he admitted. "What if they don't like me, Jin-ssi?"

"Why won't they like you?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. Too handsome?"

She snorted at that. "You have a point. Maybe I should make you uglier before we meet them."

He chuckled. "Can't be done though." Taking on a different tone, he whined, "I'm serious! What if they don't like me?"

She hooked her arms around him and kissed his cheek. "Oh my baby! They'll love you. Don't worry."

Keeping her hand with him, he continued, "You're going to have to coach me. As you can already know, I don't have a great relationship with Father so please tell me if I'm doing something wrong. And..."

"What?"

"I've never been introduced to my girlfriend's parents before."

Jin Ah's eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

He nodded.

"Well, then. I've never introduced anyone to my parents before either. So, let's see how this goes," she told him. "There is one restriction though."

"What is it?"

"No making out this weekend."

Ji Sung's eyes widened. "WHAT? I should've stocked up enough last night!"

She laughed at his dilemma. "Too late!"

Narrowing his eyes, he asked, "We'll be back early evening on Sunday, right?"

"Yes, why?"

He looked at her smugly. "Rest up this weekend, Jin-ssi. You're mine on Sunday night."

Jin Ah gulped. "Promise?"

Ji Sung chuckled then nodded. "Promise."

When they neared the residential area where Jin Ah's parents lived, she started directing him on where to go and finally where to park. As they took their seatbelts off, she leaned over and gave him a kiss on the lips. "Last one until Sunday."

Before she could get down, he pulled her back for one  more kiss which deepened quickly. Leaving her breathless, he whispered, "Sunday."

She needed to get herself together after that kiss and was pretty successful except for the blush that still lingered on her cheeks. Ringing the doorbell, they were soon greeted by Yeon-soon Son. "Eomma!" Jin Ah shrieked, hugging her mother tightly.

"Darling! You are finally home! I have missed you so," the older lady said, stroking her daughter's long hair.

Pulling back, Ji Sung got a good look of just how much Jin Ah resembled her mother. Both women turned to him.

Her mother spoke again. "And do you plan to introduce this gentleman with you?"

Blushing, Jin Ah untangled herself from her mother to stand beside Ji Sung. "Eomma, this is Hwang Ji Sung."

Bowing down to pay his respects, he greeted, "Good evening. These are for you." He handed her the flowers and the bag of items they bought for her.

"Thank you very much! Come in! Come in. Where are your bags? Let me help you," she offered.

"Thank you. We didn't bring much. I can carry them. I do not wish to trouble you," he politely declined.

Grateful, Jin Ah's mother let them in. "Appa is waiting for you inside. Come."

As her mother went ahead of them, Jin Ah stole a moment to hold his hand quickly and pat it. "You're doing great!" she whispered encouragingly.

The house they lived in was bright and spacious although it sat on a relatively small lot. Ji Sung loved that he saw photos of the Jin Ah all around, her parents obviously adored their only child. While waiting for her Father to appear, he picked up one of the framed photos of Jin. She had no make up, her hair was not perfectly style, but with the light behind her, she looked like an angel.

Her mother came up to him. "Beautiful, isn't she?"

He agreed much to  Jin Ah's thrill. "If you don't mind, may I have a copy of this?"

"Take that one. I have another one of that in our room!" Jin Ah's mother said excitedly.

Suddenly, a booming voice came. "Is Jin Ah home?"

"Yes, Appa!" She didn't run to hug her father but Ji Sung could tell that they were still both very fond of each other. Jin Ah's eyes were twinkling as she stared at the older man. "We brought you gifts, Appa!"

"We? You and your boyfriend?"

Again, Jin Ah blushed and nodded. "Appa, this is Hwang Ji Sung."

"OMO!" Her mother suddenly exclaimed. "Aren't you a celebrity or something? I have seen you!"

Ji Sung blushed. "Yes. I have done commercials previously."

Jin Ah's father, Yoon-bok Jeon, frowned asking, "Is that your main job? Does it bring a steady income for a family?"

Jin Ah stiffened at the question but Ji Sung looked at her to show her that he understands her father. "I have to admit it depends on the projects I get and then it's more of knowing how to manage money well. When I have my family, I would make sure they don't go hungry."

Her father nodded. "Good. Now, shall we eat?"

Jin Ah breathed a sigh of relief. They headed to the dining room where the spread was already at the table. Stories were shared as her parents kept asking her what she was up to in Seoul and Jin Ah also kept asking about their neighbours and some of her childhood friends who stayed in the city. It was a pleasant surprise to Ji Sung since dinners at their house was usually a formal affair with conversation kept very minimal.

"Your kindergarten friend just got married," Jin Ah's mother said.

"Good for her! She's always been so nice to me. Does she look happy?"

Jin Ah's mother nodded. "Her husband is a good man. Anyway, how long have you two been together?"

"Coming up on our 6th month, Eomma," Jin Ah replied.

"Oh, not even a year yet and you've brought him here," her father commented. "Must be serious about him, huh?"

"Appa!" she blushed.

Her mother giggled. "Remember you told us before when we asked why you never introduced us to anyone you dated? You said —"

"Omo!" Jin Ah said, sinking in her seat.

Her mother continued. " — you would only introduce a boyfriend if you were serious about him or if you ever got together with Min Tae Gu. And you got both in one!"

Ji Sung laughed along with her parents, while Jin Ah glared at him. "Laugh all you want."

"I'm flattered."

"You better," said her father. "She really said that to us. Are you serious about her, too?"

"Appa!" Jin Ah protested at the same time Ji Sung said, "Yes."

"What?" Jin Ah asked him.

"Did you think I wasn't? I hope you know I am."

"I knew your mother was the one for me after 100 days with her," her father declared. "So, this is not so surprising. You're both of age. If he doesn't know yet what he wants now, then you should rethink your choices as well."

Jin Ah nodded but she was happy  with Ji Sung's declaration and her father's acceptance of it. Her heart soared. After dinner, as Jin Ah helped out her mother with cleaning the dishes, her father showed Ji Sung the guest room. Jin Ah kept craning her neck to see if Appa was grilling Ji Sung.

"He'll be fine, Darling. Appa likes him," her mother assured. Her mother's voice then took a serious tone. "Appa researched about him in the internet, you know? We know about his family. They are very rich."

"Yes, they are, Eomma."

"You know that people of their class like to marry among people with similar financial capacity, yes?"

Jin Ah nodded. "Yes. His Father has spoken to me."

"And?"

"Ji Sung and I have decided to stay together in spite of that. I'm not with him because of his money anyway."

Her mother looked at her proudly. "If they give you a hard time, you let me and Appa know."

"Thank you, Eomma."

"You look very much in love," she commented.

"Am I too obvious? Is that a bad thing?"

"You both are. He stares at you all the time, while you try to only look at him when he's not looking in your direction," her mother observed. "So, where do you plan to take him with you're here?"

"We want to see a museum and a few other things. Oh and I want to show him Suseong Lake!"

"Omo!" her mother exclaimed. "Do you remember what you said when you were younger?"

"What? I say a lot of crazy things!"

"Well, if you say so. But you told me that the next time you visit this one quiet spot you saw, you would be taking the one you're going to marry."

Jin Ah blushed again. She seems to have been blushing this entire night more than she has in her entire lifetime.

"You did say you wanted to marry Min Tae Gu, too."

As she settled in bed, Jin Ah was astounded with the things she told her parents in the past. "Aish. You make crazy declarations, Jin Ah."

A message popped up as she was pondering these thoughts. It was from Ji Sung. I miss you already. Are you asleep?

No, just thinking about some crazy stuff I told my parents.

About being serious and Min Tae Gu? He asked.

Yes.

Doesn't sound that crazy to me.

She rolled her eyes although he couldn't see. You're being conceited again. Good night, Ji Sung-ssi!

She could imagine him laughing at that. His reply came up, For the record, I'm happy I'm both Min Tae Gu and the one you're serious about. Good night, my Love.

Jin Ah no longer replied. But her mind agreed.

I'm happy it's you, too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 192 7
They can all see it happening right before their eyes.
773 14 5
cute lil skz imagines/scenarios 🙌🏾. (no smut)
12.7K 299 29
A collection of ATEEZ imagines/drabbles/oneshots by edenesth.
30.6K 538 27
requests are open! enjoy reading!