Writing Notes

By Total_KOTLC_Fan

This is a collection of the things I learn at my writing classes. It will be some of my notes, some tips, som... More

Lia's Adventures in a Sheep Field
Writing Dollarized Sentences
Events in My Life
Funky Timelines
Super Important!!!
Similes, Metaphors, and... Better Writing?
More Similes and Metaphors
Story
Science Storm

Zombie Apocalypse and no Walking

12 2 2
By Total_KOTLC_Fan

So, this time, we took sentence 8 from last week and sentence 20 from last week. #8 was our beginning sentence, and #20 was ending one. We had to start with 8, had to end with 20. She gave us 25 minutes, so it wasn't very long. But it was fun. Enjoy!

(Sentence #8): "The boy knows too much – he needs to be disposed of."

The words, spoken by the zombie king, were obviously the creepiest ones Lake had heard that day.

When Lake had woken up that morning, nothing had been wrong. Later that day, at exactly 2:22 on the 22nd of February, 2022, his life was in shambles.

It all started with a bottle of playdough in a nursery. Lake's little sister, Shrub, had been playing happily in her class, molding the dough into shapes and trying to eat it at the same time.

"Cookie!" she would cry cheekily, trying to stuff her face. Lake knew this because he had been about to get her from the "fun room"; the room Shrub and the rest of her little friends were playing in. As the only one in their family not busy at the time, Lake's mother had sent him to pick Shrub up.

When Lake and Shrub were almost out of the room, a loud noise started reverberating throughout the room. Lake turned, just in time to see the nursery teacher feeding playdough to a small boy about Shrub's age. Lake almost choked in shock, then he put Shrub down, determined to ask the teacher what she were doing. But then the already loud noise grew louder, and Lake realized it was coming from the small child who had been hand-fed the playdough.

Lake stopped in confusion. "Wha..." he started, but then stopped.

The teacher was changing. The long, dark brown hair and sharp face turned into an even sharper face, and even darker hair. The face lengthened, the mouth growing longer and longer and the chin stretching downward. The hair shortened and turning a sickened color of bluish black.

Lake gasped. "Who are you? What – what's going on?" he cried when his voice returned.

The zombie, because that was what it was, pointed a long, stick-like finger at Lake.

"The boy knows too much – he needs to be disposed of."

Then a small, strange, mutated creature at the zombie's side rose. Though not large, it was the creepiest ball of grey fluff and claws Lake had ever seen.

And then it attacked.

The only thing Lake could tell his young sister, ten years and many battle scars later, was, (Sentence #20, slightly changed) "Shrub, when attempting to kill a Zombie, be sure to have an extra life on hand."

We were also banned from using the word "walk". So from now, on, we can't use it any more. Here are some words we can use instead – substitutes for "walk". I hope these help your writing!

Walk

Shuffled

Ambled

Sauntered

Roved

Wobbled

Staggered

Shambled

Swaggered

Strutted

Flounced

Minced

Strolled

Rambled

Trudged

Scuffed

Plodded

Tottered

Reeled

Roamed

Ranged

Hurried

Rushed

Stomped

I also made a few random sentences using some of the above words.

Jen stomped through the doorway, hoping her little brother hadn't messed up her room again.

She plodded through the thick snow.

Cameron tottered around the room.

He hurried through the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.4K 6K 51
แžแŸ’แžšแžนแž˜แž‡แžถแž€แŸ’แž˜แŸแž„แž”แŸ’แžšแžปแžŸแžแŸ’แž›แž„แŸ‹แžŸแŸ’แžŠแžถแž”แŸ‹แž˜แžทแž“แžฎแž˜แŸ’แž“แžถแž€แŸ‹ แžขแžถแž…แž’แŸ’แžœแžพแžฒแŸ’แž™แž”แžปแžšแžŸแž˜แžถแž“แžขแŸ†แžŽแžถแž…แž’แŸ’แž›แžถแž€แŸ‹แž…แžผแž›แž€แŸ’แž“แžปแž„แžขแž“แŸ’แž›แž„แŸ‹แžŸแŸ’แž“แŸแž แŸแž”แžถแž“แž™แŸ‰แžถแž„แž„แžถแž™... แž•แŸ’แžŠแžพแž˜5.30.24โค๏ธ แž”แž‰แŸ’แž…แž”แŸ‹10.4.2024
444K 58.5K 151
แ€•แ€ผแ€”แ€บแ€žแ€ฐแ€™แ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€ทแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€šแ€ฐแ€•แ€ผแ€”แ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎ แ€Ÿแ€ฎแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€–แ€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€ซแ€ฅแ€ฎแ€ธ
48.8K 3.7K 42
แž˜แŸ’แž›แŸ„แŸ‡แž˜แŸ‰แžถแž แŸ’แžœแŸ€ แž–แŸ’แžšแžถแž“แž“แžถแžšแžธแž”แŸ’แžŠแžผแžšแžŸแŸ’แžšแžธแžŠแžผแž…แž‡แžถแž”แŸ’แžŠแžผแžแŸ„แžขแžถแžœ แžแŸ‚แž€แŸแžแŸ’แžšแžผแžœแž˜แž€แž‡แžฝแž”แž‡แžถแž˜แžฝแž™แž“แžนแž„แž€แž˜แŸ’แž›แŸ„แŸ‡แžแžผแž…แž‚แžธแž˜ แžแŸแž แŸ’แž™แžปแž„ แž€แŸแž’แŸ’แžœแžพแžขแŸ„แž™แž“แžถแž™แž”แŸ’แžšแŸ‚แž‡แžถแž‡แžถแž”แŸ‹แžŸแŸ’แž“แŸแž แŸแž‚แŸแžŠแž€แž…แžทแžแŸ’แžแž˜แžทแž“แžšแžฝแž…แžแŸ’แžšแžนแž˜แž˜แžฝแž™แžšแžถแžแŸ’แžšแžธ...