The Dark Before the Dawn

By Eliza-slytherin

Short story, Aged up, Adrinette, fluff, slice of life, feel good After finding out that her boyfriend was che... More

The Dark Before the Dawn
Fighting off Crazy

Aftermath

50 0 0
By Eliza-slytherin

Just an extra scene that I felt like adding where we see a glimpse into Adrien's dark side. The side that fuels the "Chat Noir/Adrien as the Villain" tropes. 

Adrien's POV

I had woken up to the bright sunlight blinding my sight. I felt a heavy weight on top of me and looked down to the figure wrapped around me. It took me a minute to realize where I was and who was sleeping so soundly in my arms. I smiled at her as I remembered our kiss and her acceptance. It's strange, I thought. In high school I never would have imagined she was the one I would become completely enraptured with. I bushed some of her dark locks out of her face. She snuggled further into my chest. Why was she so adorable?  A phone ringing, stirred her and I cursed the alarm. She looked up at me with sleepy eyes, before blushing and burying her face into my chest once again at the realization of our situation. I chuckled. 

"Good morning" I whispered.

"Morning." came a muffled reply.

"Since when did you get so shy?"

"Since I made out with my high school crush."

"And that is a problem why?"

"No problem. But maybe it's a dream; and if it is, it is not one I'm ready to wake up from."

"Not a dream, but a wonderful reality."

Her eyes met mine. Our faces close. She grinned. We leaned in. A loud rumble made us pause. 

"Someone is hungry"

I shrugged like I didn't know why my stomach was whining. Of coarse I know. That's what I get for skipping dinner. 

"How about I make us some pancakes?"

"That sounds great."

She got off me and made her way to the kitchen looking disheveled and cute with her messy hair. 

I reached for my phone, which had a voicemail. 

"Hello, this is Officer Daniel Paverat, calling for an Adrien Agreste regarding video footage in an assault case; please call me back when you get the chance. Have a nice day."

I called the officer back and agreed to meet him at the office to hand over the footage as evidence in Luca's case. My hand throbbed under its binds. Marinette had bandaged it up for me last night, but the split knuckles still stung.  I didn't realize the damage I had put it through. I thought back to the restraint I lacked in that moment. A lawyer might try to say I was unnecessarily violent to get a a reduced sentence for the bastard but seeing as how he hurt two people unprovoked, add on his priors, I doubt he would get it. Not to mention the top notch lawyer I am going to hire in defense is going to make sure he gets no such leniency. 

"Hey" 

I turned to find Mari staring at me with her arms wrapped around her. 

"Was that about yesterday?"

"Yeah" 

"Oh"

She just stared at the ground. I moved towards her, gently pulling her towards me. 

"Don't worry. He has so much evidence piled against him, he won't be getting off easy."

She wrapped her arms around my waist and didn't say anything. We just stood there in the silence. 

"Hey," I pulled her back. "I have to meet the detective at the office to hand over evidence, but I will be right back, promise."

She took a shuddering breath. 

"okay. You better, cause otherwise I will have to eat all the pancakes myself."

"That would be a tragedy." I grinned. 

"You bet your ass it would."

I once again chuckled. How is it she could always make me laugh?

I did my best to clean myself up before heading over to the quiet building, everyone home for the weekend. The cop wasn't here yet, but I went in to get the footage for him. The faster we were done the faster I could get back to Mari. I swiped my card and entered the master pin for the security room then made my way to the computer. After finding yesterdays file I copied it to a USB drive, but while I was waiting I watched as the footage ran on the main screen. 

I watched him march in. I watched him yell at Marinette and push Addy. I watched him drag Mari to the elevators and I watched their animated facial expressions while arguing. I felt my wounds split back open, releasing fresh blood that seeped through the gauze, upon clenching my fists, as I watched this piece of human garbage corner her and attempt to force himself on her. However, I did feel pride watching her wound him.  Marinette could always handle herself, she was stronger and more capable than she looked, but it didn't stop this burning fire that pushed on my moral boundary of what the law says was right and wrong, and the primitive hunger to end his life. To rid the earth of one last monster. I'll admit that sometimes this dark shift overcame my thoughts. Something cold and dark lurked in a deep chasm of my mind. The potential for something inhuman forever sitting there, waiting to be unleashed. I had seen this same alien in my father, when my mother passed and I promised myself I would never allow myself to give in to it. I will keep it chained down, but then again, if something were to happen to Marinette, I'm afraid that my reason for living, if gone, would weaken those chains. After all, people aren't born to be villain's, they are created. So who's to say which road I would pick until I reach the crossroads. The difference between the good and the bad is a thin blurry line. Hopefully one I will never  even see. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 288 39
When tragedy sends Adrien Agreste racing back to Paris to run his father's fashion house, Marinette doesn't expect much from her very new, very rich...
4.2K 119 13
Marinette Dupain-Cheng is a depressed woman who suffers physical abuse from her husband & deals with a bipolar depression disorder. Wanting to get he...
8.5K 237 21
Luka and Kagami had to learn the hard cold truth that their beloved lovers, Adrien and Marinette didn't like them. Worse than that they were heartbro...
3.9K 47 13
Hi Loves this is a lukanette Fic series I'm making to do justice for the ship since there are Apparently SO MANY ADRIENETTE CONTENT. But we're not go...