The Flame of Love volume III

By Aditidas1994

Parul, is a fifteen years old teenager is a bundle of joy and happiness to her father Mr. Banerjee and elder... More

A QUICK RECAP
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
Chapter 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
Chapter 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
CHAPTER 101
CHAPTER 102
CHAPTER 103
CHAPTER 104
CHAPTER 105

CHAPTER 71

19 3 0
By Aditidas1994

Mayank was called up by his school's principal, who enquired him if he had any relatives who would take up his responsibility and pay for his school fees, now that his father was in police custody.

Having no other option, he called up Prabir. Though he had called up his relatives one by one, none of them received his calls.

No one wanted to be bothered with him or his mother.

Requesting his father, Prabir asked Mr. Banerjee to meet up with Mayank's school's principal and agree to become his acting guardian.

Cancelling all his appointments for the day, Mr. Banerjee decided to visit Mayank's principal.

In the evening, Parul refused to go the dance class as she had to submit an assignment, she had forgotten to do, which would be quite time consuming.

Still suspicious, about Mayank,Prabir insisted that Parul took her books and left for Bhargavi's house, in his absence, as he had decided to take Bhargavi out in the evening.

Borrowing Rakesh's brand new SUV, for the evening, was a brilliant idea as he did not want Bhargavi to get injured because of the jerks that she could receive, while riding on his bike.

All the time Bhargavi imagined that she'll be taken to some nice place having a good view, maybe a restaurant or a coffee shop nearby. With every turn that Prabir took, she started to mentally guess the place he could be taking her.

She felt like she was punched in her face,with all her hopes now shattered, when Prabir finally halted the car at the gates of a Radha Krishna temple.

"You brought me along with you to visit a Temple?" She shrieked.

"Yes! Now please come with me," Prabir pleaded.

"No.You can go alone to visit the temple. I'll wait here", She spat uninterested, fiddling with her phone.

"Please. Have you ever been here before?" Prabir quizzed.

"No. I am not studying about ancient monuments and architecture,like this old temple", She hissed.

Opening the door he climbed out.
" Fine! Wait here. I'll be back in an hour".

"One hour?" She asked exasperated.

"Okay! Let's go," she said and strolled behind him.

Smiling he held her wrist, as they walked in silence upto the entrance of the Temple. They slowly walked up the stairs.

Bhargavi was dazed because of the serene and tranquil atmosphere. She felt extremely peaceful.

Once inside the temple, she couldn't move her eyes from the mesmerizing idols of Lord Krishna and Radha.
It was evening and the temple was filled with people. The evening 'Aarti' was going on, as they entered the temple.

When the Arati was over and people slowly started to walk out of the temple, Bhargavi saw Prabir praying, with eyes closed and hands joined. He slowly opened his eyes to find her staring at him. Quickly, he held her palms and joined them, as if trying to teach a kid to pray. "Don't look at me, close your eyes and thank Lord Krishna.

God answers prayers Bhargu; these are not just empty words that fall to the ground," he whispered.

She obliged silently and closed her eyes for a while. Though she couldn't pray, she only thanked the Almighty as her heart was brimming with gratitude, she felt grateful for having Prabir in her life.

Prabir escorted Bhargavi down the stairs of the temple, as she stared up at the open sky. It was dark and cloudy, with no stars visible. There was no one around, the temple that was buzzing with people, around twenty minutes before was now left abandoned.

"Just like I can't imagine Lord Krishna's idol without Radha beside him, I can't imagine my life without you," Prabir mumbled a bit nervous. He took out a tiny blue coloured box from his pocket, opened it up and took out a beautiful ring. Replacing the box inside his pocket, he took her left palm and slid the ring slowly in her ring finger.

Her eyes were fixed on him, Bhargavi
scanned his face quietly trying to gauge his emotions.

He wasn't nervous but skeptical,as he assumed that her most probable reaction could be to take out the ring and throw it at his face yelling," How dare you propose to me in a temple Prabir? "

He was taken aback by her unresponsiveness. " I am not a fan...of grandiose gestures...but if you want I can kneel down," he said choking on every word.

Bhargavi on the other hand felt dizzy, she had never thought that she would be this happy. She wanted to hug him tight and thank him for such a sweet proposal. However, instead of saying something that might have actually made sense, all she could tell was,
" You are crazy!"

As soon as these words parted her lips, a heavy downpour started and they had to rush back to the temple.

Luck is not on my side, Prabir thought in dismay.

They slowly sank on the highest stairs of the temple, that sheltered them from the heavy rains. She slowly took the ring out from her finger and it broke his heart. She thrusted it in his palms and said sadly," Keep it with you safely, and give it back to me after two years...that is if you still remember me."

Prabir looked down at his feet both shocked and feeling a bit ecstatic.

"I understand Prabir, you have a lot of responsibilities on your shoulders.

I agree with your decision. We should take a grace period of two years before getting married.

Now you have adopted a messy child. You need to provide for Mayank's schooling, coaching as well as his living expenses. Not only that... his mother's treatment is highly expensive. Paru will be giving her class tenth board exams next year, you will also have to help her with her studies along with performing the household chores, manage your own studies and work-life.

You will be so busy that you won't have time for me and I will serve as a mere distraction that you can't afford to have," she ended her monologous ramble.

"Small doses of daily entertainment is necessary Bhargu and a cute little distraction like you is always welcome.

We have both Baba and Maa's blessings already. You want me to ask your hand from your father?" Prabir enquired quietly.

"Why and how did this change of mind happen? Care to explain," Bhargavi probed.

"Aren't you happy that I changed my mind?" he asked grinning.

"I don't like fickle minded people. Now before marriage you will state "I can't bear two long years without you and two months after marriage you will be singing in a different tune," Bearing two minutes with you is...uh! Hell! "

He cracked up laughing.

"I have never changed my mind. Remember the day I gifted you the necklace, I hardly knew you for five days, when I was thinking about proposing to you but considering the worst outcome scenarios, where you could throw back the necklace at my face and slap me or kick me in the groin or stamp on my feet and walk away, I held back my emotions... Unable to express myself," he admitted.

"Oh! How do I thank you for your generosity? You think of me so highly," Bhargavi said sarcastically.

"It was way back in the past Bhargu," Prabir protested.

"As if you weren't nervous at all today," she hissed. " What were you thinking...that I'll shove that ring down your throat?"

"Not that you can't give it a try," Prabir smirked and was punched hard in his chest.

"Am I so... demonic?" She sighed.

"Demon... No! Bhargu. I was kidding.
I was worried that you might hate it...that...I officially proposed you in a temple. This is a day you might want to cherish life long.

It's quite ironic. I expected you to come up with all possible reasons, why we should get married now and not two years later but you came up with every probable reason to agree with me.

Don't you think you are blindly agreeing to whatever I say, trying to justify my actions and decisions?" Prabir enquired remarking her carefully.

"I am not trying to justify you Prabu. I was not being sensible. I was acting like an idiot," Bhargavi snapped.

"You are the most sensible person I have known. Let me tell you the reasons why we should get married as soon as possible.

First point, we both are crazy for each other. If we are distanced or separated, we will be mentally distracted and I am not sure if we will be able to concentrate on anything that we do.

Of course you can say that we still can call up each other, and we will meet each other in college but I am damn sure, that I'll have you on my mind all the time,24-7. We are no longer only friends Bhargu.

Second point, if you say I won't be able to give you time as I have so many responsibilities. Why are we even thinking that responsibilities will reduce with time? They are bound to only add on, with time. We always make time for the people we love.

I can't handle everything on my own, without you. I need you Bhargu.

Thirdly, you don't spend huge amounts of money in purchasing cosmetics and beauty or skincare products ; you don't spend money having beauty treatments in parlor's; if I cut to the chase you are low maintenance and need only love, respect, care and a little bit of attention.

Considering from your side, Baba won't be treating you ever as his daughter-in-law. Neither of us, expect you to be doing household chores. You will certainly have more freedom than you enjoyed in your house," Prabir went on jovially.

Bhargavi placed a finger on his lips and inquired softly," Prabu. Is this real? I am not dreaming, am I?"

Prabir pecked her cheeks and replied grinning," No! You are not dreaming baby. I am right here."

"I don't need reasons to marry you Prabu, it's YOU... that is enough of a reason for me. It feels so warm and cozy to sit here next to you and observe the rain," Bhargavi mumbled as she placed her head on his left shoulder and held his arm in a tight grip.

Prabir took the ring and slid it once again in her finger, as it thundered loudly. The downpour continued for almost an hour.

When the rain stopped, as they slowly walked down the steps, Bhargavi slipped as the steps were slippery after the rain. He held her arm firmly, but it did hurt her because of the bruises on her arms. she had pain etched on her face.

When she slipped for the second time, Prabir mumbled," Baby, take off those shoes." She took off her printed casual loafers and had to walk bare footed as Prabir carried her shoes in one hand and held her wrist in the other.

He placed the shoes down and bend down, lifting her feet and cleaning it up with his kerchief gesturing her to put on the shoes again one by one. She had tears brimming in her eyes as she clutched onto his shoulders to maintain her balance.

Prabir looked up at her and said softly, " Why are you crying Bhargu? Wipe your tears, my hands are dirty."

She threw her arms around his neck and murmured," I love you, I love you Prabu."

"I love you too. Now come let's go. I am hungry," Prabir stated and moved away from her unable to bear tears in her eyes. She wiped her tears and followed him. They quietly approached the vehicle.

Soon they were in a small cafeteria with a cup of coffee and some pastries. Prabir wiped the corner of her lips with a tissue paper noticing some cream as she blushed. " I am so sorry," she said softly.

"It's okay Bhargu," he replied back politely.

Noticed a man continuously staring at her with a weird expression, Bhargavi felt uncomfortable. Prabir followed her gaze and instantly asked her to exchange their seats.

She didn't argue and exchanged her seat quietly with Prabir. Before Prabir could exchange the coffee mugs, she started to sip blissfully from his coffee mug making him smile. " It's a very special day for me today and I don't want to spoil my mood because of a nobody, else I wouldn't have taken that," she rattled out examining her ring. " It's so beautiful!"she exclaimed.

Author's note:

So the most awaited moments for me as well as, for all readers is here.

I really hope that you enjoyed this update.

Please let me know your views and opinions on Bhargavi and Prabir.
Well, I guess one would really like and appreciate Prabir's character.

Please do vote for me...it enables me to work hard and bring faster updates you know.

Thank you all!

Stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

835 109 35
[COMPLETED] "Gosh, it should be illegal to be this cute even while crying," ~ Alex --- "You were the right person for me, but I wasn't that right per...
768 35 14
It's an Indian love story... it's story about 3 girl bestfriends, who have recently shifted into the city for their further studies.. but, what will...
1.5K 134 52
"Do opposites truly attract or do you get comfortable with a person like you?" I asked him while gazing at the stars. "I think neither is true" he r...
45 2 2
A simple story of two people somewhere in earth close by heart but far apart in reality , we all had our crush but sometimes we didn't knew that mayb...