TORN [COMPLETED]

By BlackVelvetnim

After her break up with Jennie, Lisa no longer believes in love. She thought it was all nonesense but she met... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59

Chapter 31

977 75 10
By BlackVelvetnim

Wendy got back but instead to get inside the office she made a detour. She didn't want to disturb Lisa and Irene now that they seemed to be getting along with each other.

"Oh well so much work must be done, but I don't mind the delays." Wendy is about to head to the ads department when Heechul called her.

"Wendy, how's Lisa doing so far?" Heechul asked.

"She's great and easy to pick up Uncle," Wendy answered.

"I see, I should drop by her office."

"No, Uncle don't!" She immediately tried to stop him.

"Is she that busy?"

"Yes, yes. How about we go and talk about other matters, Uncle? I have something to talk about with you in private."

"Is this about your Dad?"

"Yes, Uncle."

"Okay, let's talk. I'll have my secretary prepare the snack."

Wendy is contemplating what topic should she discuss with Heechul. She does not know what alibis she should be telling him to buy the two some time together. It's not yet lunch and they might be caught by the CEO himself.

IRENE

"Did you like the food?" I asked Lisa.
I know I am a great cook but I haven't done this in a while.

"I don't like it," Lisa said as she wiped her mouth with the table napkin.

"Is it bad?" I kinda felt down. I thought I did great spending almost three hours cooking all those foods in hopes to show her that I am so grateful for her concern.

"Bad? No, it's not bad. It's great. That's why I don't like it. I love it, Joohyun. It is good to eat home-cooked meals like these. You are an awesome cook. Seulgi is damn lucky."

Why does she have to bring Seulgi into the conversation? Does she really think we are dating? I should pretend not to be bothered. Keep talking Joohyun. Everything is good. You should clear out the misunderstandings between you and Lisa. Be honest.

"Do you think so? Does anyone ever cooks for you?"

"I do the cooking sometimes Seulgi too. Whoever isn't busy shall cook. About Sooyaa, she likes to take out. But it's fine. I rather do the work. I don't really want her to be stressed out."

Now she brought up Chichu. Aigoo can we talk ourselves instead?

"She's not really into cooking. She loves to play games. She's a pro gamer."

"Really? I didn't know that. Seulgi is like that too so I won't dare make a bet when we are playing." She chuckled.

So Seulgi and Chichu have more things in common.

"I play games too. Chichu and I are a dynamic duo. We are unbeatable. How about telling her that we play together? Let's invite Seulgi too."

"Sure let's set the date for next week. Seulgi must not be busy by then."

"So what are your hobbies aside you love doing manual things? I heard you do extra work at the movie house and cafe. You even formulate a strong insecticide to eliminate the termites at the cafe. It has been an ongoing issue that my sister has been troubled with. Glad you came up with a better solution."

"Aye, yeah about that. I am extremely annoyed because the person they are paying for it did not do his best to eliminate the actual problems. Meaning to say the components of their insecticides aren't strong enough to kill the termites."

"I like that you have critical thinking and initiative to step up your game. That's probably one of your key strengths. No wonder my stepdad is really fond of you."

Joohyun why do you sound so obvious? Stop crushing on her. You already said a lot of praise. Shut up.

"You think so? Wow, I didn't expect you to say that. I'll consider it as a compliment." Lisa seemed to be delighted to hear me praise her.

"It is. I won't argue about that." I didn't expect we can have a deep conversation like this. Lisa is someone who loves to listen to people and she won't interrupt you unless her opinion is needed. She's different from other people I met. Seulgi is also good but the difference between them, Seulgi does not like confrontations. She rather runs away than deal with the actual problem. Just like what she did at the cafe. She could not stand me and Wendy arguing.

"Speaking of your stepfather. I know you don't like to talk about this topic. But seeing Sooyaa and him are really close I just wonder why it didn't turn well with you?" She was calculative with her question afraid I may turn hostile once again.

Of course, I wanted her to understand my side too. I wanted her to know the real me not just her girlfriend's twin sister. "Uhm, I can say I am a faithful person. My loyalty remains with my Dad. My twin sister is different. She's like a switch that can be turned off and turned on. It's in a good way.  Meaning to say she can decide. In my preference whether it's a good or bad thing I'll stick with the usual. So when I love something, I can't easily change or never. People can never influence my decision.

"Whoa, you are uhm. Well, I've known some people who changed a lot because of their dreams and because it is best for their situations. Did you know I've been in a very bad breakup? She was my first love but she left me because she has her dreams that need to be fulfilled. While I am such a loser who didn't bother to change myself. No wonder she left me."

I felt bad hearing this from Lisa. So her ex chose her own dreams than staying with Lisa. "You are not a loser. Maybe she's not the person destined to be with you. The breakup really damages you. You've been drinking like crazy."

"How did you know I've been drinking like crazy?"

Yikes, I am busted! "Well, uhm you look alcoholic."

"What? But I stop going to the bar. I stop drinking when I met your twin sister. Did she tell you about me?"

"No, she didn't. I just know it." Should I really tell her right now? I should just keep my mouth shut. I have no intention but it slipped.

"How did you know this?" Lisa grinned as if she discovered something amusing.

"I saw you drunk." I shortly answered and clean up her desk.

"Wait, how did you see me? Did we meet by chance even before the family dinner? Don't count the mall encounter. You are making me curious."

"Aigoo, aigoo. Look at you."

"Hey, Joohyun you are not answering my question."

"Let's finish up. Wendy should be here anytime soon. Let's talk about this some other time. I just let you eat to ensure you'll have your focus on work."

"I won't let you off the hook, Joohyun. We will talk after shift."

Gees, I don't know what I am doing anymore. I was talking so comfortably. Why Wendy is taking long? I don't think she is just hanging out in the Accounting Department. I got back to my desk and I am sure Lisa is looking at me. She's being suspicious and deadly serious about talking to me after shift.

"You can spill the tea even before the shift. Wendy's still not around." She has that innocent grin on her face. Why is she being so cute like this?

"I don't hear and see you, sorry," I said to dismiss her.

She pouted like a kid. "Aish, I'll wait until after shift. But the invitation for a lunch break is still on. I will join you."

"Ugh, why am I hearing things in this room?" I continued my work. But Lisa is really staring at me I could sense it even I don't look at her. I decided to match her stares and she pulled back. As if I have not caught her already.

She's whistling and doing random things on her desk. I went back to my work then I felt her look at me again.

"What do you want?" I groaned.

"Huh?"

"You keep looking at me." I pointed out.

"How can't I? When you are just in front of me."

"Should I move my desk somewhere else?"

"No need I like the view in front of me."

My brow raised. What is with her? Is she trying to make fun of me now that I started to open up with her?

"The view outside is spectacular. You can look at the window, Lisa."

"Nope, this side is better." Lisa pointed her finger at me.

"Stop fooling around."

"I am not. You are the one who needs to stop, Joohyun."

"What did I do? Why would I stop? You started this. You keep staring at me."

"That's why I ask you to stop. Stop being strikingly beautiful. You are getting me distracted. Tsk, tsk, tsk." She shook her head and tried to focus back on her manuals.

I don't have any rebuttals for her. I am feeling my cheeks so hot. What the hell why am I feeling like this? Why would she be distracted by me?

'Stop being strikingly beautiful. You are getting me distracted.'

Damn it did she mean it??!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 1.3K 27
Two people meet in an unexpected journey. They found love in each other. But they where unaware of the upcoming tragedy which will change their life...
14K 648 10
My stutter makes it easy to become the center of attention for all the wrong reasons, so I try hard to stay out of the spotlight. But when Jennie Kim...
283K 10.6K 40
Lalisa Manoban is a rich girl. She's a stuck-up and a narcissist. There's no way she wouldn't be when she comes from a wealthy family and never had t...
242K 9.2K 37
[COMPLETED] In which your faith and love will be tested. •How strong are you in the name of love? •How will you fight for it? •How much pain can...