prolouge

Her heels clicked on the bottom of the floor as she walked through the school halls. She had been here plenty of times, so she definitely knew her way to the principal's, which was something she always dreaded. Smiling at the school's secretary and giving her a small wave, she went directly into the principal's office without knocking.

Smile now gone she looked over at her son with a scold and he wasn't even looking at her. But he knew what face she was making without even having to. As soon as the door opened he knew what was expected.

"Goodmorning Ms. Everhart, it's always lovely to see you." The principal Mr. Lockwood said sarcastically earning a laugh from Tyler.

"Wish i could say the same, what happened now?" Tyler asked as she sat down next to her son who had his head down looking into his hands. He knew he messed up just by the laugh that sounded from his mother.

"Khalil and another student got into an altercation resulting in both of them being suspended."

"Same student?" Tyler asked looking down at her son who was still refusing to look at her.

"Yeah, but the reasoning this time was over some girl." Mr. Lockwood informed, and Tyler instantly raised a brow.

"Khalil." Tyler called causing him to slowly lift his head up and look up at her, showing the small bruise he had under his eye. Tyler gave a questionable look before looking back at the principal giving her a knowingly look. Turning back to her who was still looking at her she spoke.

"You're fighting over girls now?" She asked.

"mmcht-"

"Excuse me?"

"Ma, he pushed the girl hard against the locker, she was literally crying. Ian even know chick but everybody else was just watching while her friends was yelling at dude." He explained calmly looking his mother directly in her eyes.

"You could've just grabbed him Khalil, so what exactly did you do?"

"I shoved his ahh back." He shrugged causing Tyler to pop him in the mouth. "Ma, ian even cuss for real." He frowned.

"How long is he suspended for?" Tyler asked Mr. Lockwood.

"a week."

"A what?" Tyler asked now looking at Mr. Lockwood like his head was next.

"Ms. Everhart, this is Khalil's third offense, i recommended expulsion for both parties but Mr. White begged me not to." He confessed referring to Khalil's basketball coach. Khalil was his best player and he'd be a fool to let Khalil slip through the cracks. "This school has a zero tolerance for fighting and this is Khalil's fourth one throughout the semester Ms. Everhart so the week is a slap on the wrist."

Tyler sighed in defeat as she looked over at Khalil who was looking down in his hands. "Cmon Khalil." Tyler stood to her feet. "Email me all his work, i can assure you this won't be a problem again." Tyler said as she was talking to Mr. Lockwood but was looking directly at Khalil. "Right Khalil?"

"Yes ma'am." He sighed as he stood to his feet as well and held the door open for his mother. She walked out with him right behind her as she saw the boy and his mom waiting next to go into the principal's office. Tyler gave the boy a once over happy that he looked worse than Khalil did.

His mother on the other hand looked heated, mad would've been an understatement. Once she seen Tyler she immediately stood to her feet. Khalil took notice and instantly stood slightly in front of his mom who wasn't bothered by the angry woman.