0.47🦋

Jaleah Sanai Royale 📍Atlanta, GA3 pm

Jaleah Sanai Royale
📍Atlanta, GA
3 pm

"Hey." Kind greeted Jaleah as soon as she walked into the living room. Kind was seated on the couch, watching Kim's Convenience.

"Hey." Jaleah said in return taking a seat on the couch next to her.

30 minutes went by in silence the both of them watching the show before Jaleah looked at Kind.

"I'm sorry for showing up unannounced last night." Jaleah told her and Kind shrugged.

"I don't mind. I'm always here girl." Kind told her and it got quiet again.

"You not gone ask me why." Jaleah said and Kind looked at her.

"You can tell me when your ready." Kind assured her turning her attention back to the tv.

They sat quietly for the remainder of the episode before Kind stood up stretching.

"Jasmine called me last night. I told her you were here so they wouldn't think anything happened to you." Kind suddenly said.

Jaleah nodded understanding completely. She felt bad for storming out the way she did last night. She was feeling so overwhelmed at the time.

"I owe her an apology. Everybody, really." Jaleah mumbled as she went into the kitchen where Kind was sitting on a stool at the island, chopping up a watermelon.

"How are you feeling?" Kind asked.

"I don't know." Jaleah shrugged, sighing softly. "I think if I was just kidnapped then found and that was it then I'd be fine. But two innocent people lost their life during all of this."

"I understand. And im not gone sit here an tell you it gets better because it doesn't. At least not for a while. You'll always think about it whether you like it or not. You just sorta learn to live with it, as shitty as that sounds." Kind told her.

Jaleah nodded her head slowly, sniffling as her eyes teared up once again.

"And the worst part about what happened to me is that they never caught him. The man that terrified me the most is still out there." Kind told her.

"How do you go back to a normal life? Are you not paranoid?" Jaleah asked her genuinely curious. She would be terrified if it was her.

"Girl, I'm paranoid as shit. I got like 6 cameras surrounding my house and 2 guns, I'm not playing." Kind told her, pointing at the only camera in her house that's pointed towards the front door.