𝟎𝟒 | 𝐑𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐭

"Love cannot be forced.
It has to become from within..."

T H E next day, Zain woke up with a big smile and a nice mood

T H E next day, Zain woke up with a big smile and a nice mood. Yesterday's event was still fresh in his mind. It was the best evening he ever spent with her. They talked for hours that they lost track of time until Azaan came and told them he was tired.

If there was a doubt before, there was none now. His feelings for her were as clear as crystal. He wanted to forget her because he thought she was married. But the fact that she was widow made everything better. He wanted to make her his. To protect her from this harsh world. To give her back the shine of her eyes that disappear. To give her the love she ever deserved.

He didn't know her before yet he felt as if she was a lost friend of his. Why?

"Zain, son ?" His father took him out of reverie.

"Dad, you know what?" Yumna and Fatima were at their respective homes. Only his mother, his father were left on the table.

"How would I know Zain ?" Ahmed was curious about his son's excitement. He knew that small things were enough to make Zain excited.

"N-nothing.." Zain thought to tell them later because it was not the moment right now. He was scared of his parents' reaction.

"Don't make any plans for friday. We have to attend Arshad's son's wedding." Ahmed reminded both of them. They finished their breakfast talking and left for their work. As for Zain, he decided to go to Zavian's house.

Ringing the door impatiently, he waited for him to open the door. "Who is the-" Zavian stopped mid air seeing Zain and just as he was about to close the door rather harshly, Zain put his foot and entered forcefully. He had to explain himself, he can't take the chance to ruin his old friendship with Zavian just for Arooj.

"I need to explain myself, then it's up to you if you want to continue our friendship or not." Zain strictly said and held his arm, guiding him to the living room. He knew Zavian's house like the back of his hand. He had grown up coming to this house.

"Go ahead, you have five minutes." Zavian folded his arms on his chest and leaned back on the couch. Zain only needed two minutes.

"It's not what you think Zavian, I never thought of Arooj more than just a friend. The reason I don't you want to propose to her is because I don't want to see you heartbroken. I know how rude Arooj can be sometimes. She...she likes me." Zavian's eyes shot up to Zain. "But I swear I don't. She wants to marry me but I've told her clearly that we will never be a thing. But she is just stubborn, she is putting the idea in mom's head. I don't want you to propose to her and then get heartbroken. I am sure you've planned something big." For a minute, Zain wanted to tell him about Rubab but decided against it.

It was not the right timing.

"I-I...can't believe this. I t-thought she liked me because we are pretty close. She always calls me when she is in trouble even if it's at 2 am." Zavian was heartbroken, Arooj always gave him the impression that she liked him. Whenever she was in trouble because of her father, she would call him the first. Or even for advices, she came to him. Was he just a second option for her whenever Zain wouldn't be there? Was she using him all this time?