CHAPTER: 20 | BLAST FROM THE PAST (PART-2)

ASSALAMUALAIKUM!!

UNEDITED*

*************************************************

Laiba dashed into the bathroom, sending the door banging against the wall behind her as she ran across the washroom with her hands pressed against her mouth. She hurriedly bent over the toilet seat and threw up, going on her knees on the marbled floor. Tears were streaming down her face and she was sobbing and coughing, holding her head with both of her hands. She choked, hiccuped and gagging all the content of her stomach into the toilet, nausea hitting her hard. Soon, the stench of the vomit filled her nostrils, making her puke all over again. She flushed out and got up with trembling legs, wiping her mouth with the hijab.

"Argghhh!" She looked down at the hijab in her hands and threw it away with disgust before getting rid of the rest of her clothes, leaving herself with only underclothes.

She made her way towards the sink and turned the faucet open with her shaky fingers. She cupped her hands and splashed the water on her face. Once, twice, thrice, trying to get rid of the feeling of disgust. She glanced up at the mirror and stared at her own reflection, hyperventilating. Her face was a horrible mess, smeared with the smudged substance of eyeliner and mascara around her eyes, on her nose and all over her cheeks. Tears were a constant thing running down her face and she was trembling, utterly petrified. She shut her eyes firmly, letting the tears fall freely while she slid down on the marble floor, pressing her hands against her mouth to prevent the outburst of sobs that came with it.

"Like mother, like daughter!"

"Whores!!"

Her stepmother's voice  echoed in her head and she covered her ears with both of her hands, shaking her head as if trying to block the voice.

"Look what day your slut's daughter brought on us, Hussain!!"

Words of humiliation and insults that were thrown on her were all replaying on her head.

"Not only did she had an affair going on behind our backs but she had the guts to let that haraami in my house????"

"NOOOO!!!" Laiba vigorously shook her head, running her hands down her face, nails digging in her skin. "STOOPPPP!!!" She was breaking down, the worse day of her life replaying in front of her eyes as if it was just yesterday.

"I don't know how many boys she had done the haram deed with but I'm sure that haraami wasn't the first one."

The wounds that were healed seemed to be refreshed again and the agony that came with it was beyond bearable.

"She's a dirt, Hussain!!! And she has been spreading her dirt behind our backs for as long as you can even think of."

"I will not tolerate her in my house even for a second now!!"

"Either she will be here or me!!!"

Laiba was bent over her lap, crying on her hands to muffle the sounds of her outcries, despite her raging urge to scream on top of her lungs. She couldn't believe what she saw. It was the last face on the planet Earth she expected to see after two whole years and it was definitely not the face she had imagined Zeeshan with.