prologue

⬇

1921; Los Angeles , California.

   James Patrick March had been awoken by the shrill wailing of a baby, his face twisted in annoyance as he got out of his bed. His eyes heavy as a loud yawn fell from his chapped lips. He slightly turned, taking notice that his wife was nowhere to be seen in the large bedroom. With a loud sigh, he pulled on an indigo robe and tied it shut before descending downstairs to see what was happening.

   Before he could step down from the final stair, Elizabeth; his estrangled wife, snapped her head towards him, her eyes lit up as if she were a child in a candy store. With a smile on her lips, she nodded him over. "Look, darling." She whispered softly as she turned her attention to the dirty, bloody blanket in her arms. "Isn't it precious."

   James leaned over his wife's shoulder to glance at the blanket. He had excepted one baby, but to his surprise there were two small infants, clinging onto one another whilst they wailed out. He cringed at the sound before glancing at his wife. "We aren't keeping them, Elizabeth."

   Elizabeth snapped her eyes up to his. Her voice low and hostile. "Yes we are."

   James sighed in annoyance, pulling a cigar from the holder on the bar counter, lifting it to his mouth as he looked his wife in the eyes. "Do you really believe you, of all people, can raise not one, but two infants?"

Elizabeth chuckled as she cradled the two babies with one hand as she used the other to rip the cigar from James' lips. "After all, i did raise you."

  James' cheeks flushed in anger as he slammed his fists down. His voice loud and booming. "They will end up dead in this hotel, Elizabeth. I assure you if they do not get a proper home, they will end up like us. Dead."

  Elizabeth's palm collided with her husband's cheek, a loud popping noise was all that was heard as she stood up, babies in her arms. "They are staying and that is finally. "

  "You're going to kill them." James snapped out as he stood in a rage of anger. "And you know it!"

Elizabeth scoffed as she moved slowly, like a lioness hunting it's prey. "I know that if they go back out there, they die anyway."

-
-
-

I'll post more asap.
This isn't the best chapter but I'll do for now, i suppose.

Leave your opinions

Xx
Angeleigh Danielle