Chapter 3

Mate

The only thing going through my mind was 'mine mine mine he is mine.' He had been facing my direction when I entered, eyes wandering my body which slipped a smirk on my lips without my notice. When he finally looked at my eyes and saw me looking at him he looked away and had a hint of a blush across his beautiful high, sharp cheekbones.

My heart began to beat like crazy. It surprised me because it was the first time it had reacted like that since my world fell apart those years ago or even before that. That stupid organ in my chest didn't seem to respond to my commands to calm the hell down, continuing in its attempt to give me a heart attack. I felt a lump in my throat unable to fully process that I just found my mate. He was so beautiful.

He was wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans. He had light brown hair with hits of reddish brown strands mixed in like highlights but more natural like he was born with them. His jaw was sharp enough to cut through steel. His smooth pale white skin. Every aspect of him was too beautiful to be human.

"Alph-Miss Stone. Miss Stone." I heard my name repeatedly being called but was to distracted.

I diverted my eyes from his to the floor abruptly dancing all over the room. It was a bad habit I got when I was given to much information and couldn't probably take it in. I was trying to process the fact that I, Ruedan Elizabeth Stone, had just found her mate. The second my mind slightly came back to focus I was able to notice that his scent had a human scent in it. My eyes instantly snapped back to his dark ones. He was human.

My eyes were still scanning his trying to find out why the moon goddess would give me a human as a mate. While his eyes were constantly looking at me but snapped back to the floor unable to maintain eye contact.

I felt a hand on my arm and was forced to tear my gaze away from the my mate who was just a few feet from me. I turned to Kyle but my mind was still trying to take in every inch of this beautiful creature. "Mine." I growled lowly but not any less threatening at Kyle warning him to step away. I was still thinking about the dark brown eyes that belonged to my mate to realize Kyle began pulled me out of the room.

I could hear the professor shout out at Kyle. Kyle paid not mind to her and continued pulling me out the room into the hall. I came to my senses upon hearing the door being pulled close by Kyle. I growled at him and was ready to push him away from the door. Kyle knew what I was going to do and held his hand up in surrender backing up a few feet carefully keeping the classroom door behind him, not that it did anything to calm my skittish and ready to jump at any movement.

"Hey hold on. Rue, you might want to take a few breathes. Get your wolf under control." I growled more loudly at him. I knew that my wolf wouldn't back down until I had my mate in my arms. And I had a feeling in me that told me I was seconds away from shifting if Kyle didn't get the hell out of my way. The aggressive and total hatred I found myself feeling towards Kyle shook me with surprise helping me regain the smallest grasp of control over my wolf.

It felt like pushing against a goddamn New York skyscraper to fighting against her. She was so engrossed on my mate that everything began to blur up. I felt the sharp, searing pain run through my head as I fought for control.

With the little control I still had, I started running down the hall. I hated how I had lost control. I had never been one to act rash even at the worse of situations. The farther I got from my mate the more my body began to shake. So I ran out the exit door at the end of the hall. My wolf agitated that we were not in our mate's arms. I could perfectly picture him before me with those dark eyes gazing into my green ones. I headed straight for the trees that surround the left side of the school and parking lot.