Chapter Six

Nathan's POV

I left the room few hours later to the kitchen as I decided to get lunch ready. Nicole is still sleeping and I didnt want to go out and leave her here alone. I might get her in a panic mood.  As I went about getting the things ready, the doorbell rung.

"Yo guys" I said, letting my two friend, Collins and Zac, in.

"What's up, man?" Collins asked.

"You know, just the usual." I said.

"What's up with Nicole?" Zac asked as we moved to the kitchen.

"I saw her yesterday with her friend and we realized we lived across each other." I said. 

"You what?", they both shouted in unison.

"Guys, keep your voices down. She upstairs sleeping." I said, sighing. Why are these guys like this.

"Oh, right." they said. They decided to help me out in the kitchen. We decided to make a spaghetti vegetable stir fry.

"How come Nicole's in your room?" Zac asked, chopping the vegetables.

"There's this one guy who wants to hurt her. I don't know why. He was around earlier." I said, getting the spaghetti ready.

"I hope you didn't murder him?" Collins asked, looking for what only God knows.

"Naah, though he was pissing me off." I answered.

"Maybe he's from her past. No one in his right senses would want to hurt her." Collins said, asking where the eggs were.

"It's in the fridge." I said.

"Is that what you're looking for in the past two hours?" Zac asked.

"Yeah" he answered. We literally palmed our face.

"Exactly. Maybe when she trust you, she'd open up." Zac continued.

"I hope so. I don't know what would become of me if she doesn't feel the same way I feel?", I asked.

"Just give her time. She'd really appreciate it." Zac said.

"What are going to use the eggs for?" Zac asked.

"I want to feel useful." Collins said.

"Really?" I said, whilst Zac laughed at my blank expression. 

We went about getting things set, with Zac and Collins setting out the table and me getting the food ready, music playing softly at the background. I had to really convince the guys to enjoy it nice and slow. And not to loud, we're not throwing a party or something, and Nicole is still in bed. I wonder how long she has been up since I last saw her on her side.

"So we're finally going to see Nicole, I'm so excited." Collins said.

"Yeah, me too." Zac said, dancing about in the kitchen.

"Can someone explain how I had you two as friends?" I asked no one in particular.

"Because we're adorable." Zac said, with  Collins trying to make a cute face.

"You guys will eventually kill me before my time." I said, shaking my head.

"With the way you guys are acting, I don't even know who's more eager to see her. And I also hope you won't make everything akward and make her nervous."  I said, knowing how these two could be.

"I can't promise you that, but I'd try" Collins said.

"Zac?" I asked.

"You know me." he said. Oh yeah, I know him, they'd just be themselves, which I'm grateful for.

Nicole's POV

I woke up some few hours later. I felt so much better and relieved. I went to the washroom, which was in the room. I washed my face and headed downstairs.  I heard voices when I was descending, so I followed their voices to the kitchen. I met Nathan and two other guys putting finishing touches to the table. I was wondering if there was going to be an event. They noticed I was around.

"Oh my God, Nathan you didn't tell us she was a goddess." one of the guys said.

I blushed, my hair falling on my face as I looked down.

"She sure is." the other guy said and then continued, "I now understand why..." but Nathan just cut him off.

"You guys wanted to see her and now that you've seen her, you're making her confused as to what's going on." Nathan said, sighing.

"Sorry about that, Nicole. I'm Zac and this Collins.", they introduced themselves.

I'm surprised they know my name and I got a little bit nervous. But they were cool and since they're Nathan's friends, it was okay. They made me feel at home and I've never this happy before.

"Guys, enough with that. Can we just dig in? I'm hungry" Nathan said.

"You're not coming closer to her. We'll be at your service Nicole." Zac said.

"You don't need to..." I began but they're not going to listen to me. I was getting really nervous.

Nathan ignored them and said," they're just like that sometimes."

"No worries, I'm just not used to this. I'll be fine." I said, smiling.

He eyes lit up and we all sat down. Food was served, we then prayed a short prayer before we dug in.

"Mmmm, this is so good." I said, taking a forkful of spaghetti.

"Yeah, Nathan prepared it, we just helped him by disturbing the hell out of him." Zac said, with Collins looking at Nathan sheepishly.

"Awww, I feel bad right now. I should have been around to help." I said. "No." Nathan said.

"You needed to rest." he continued.

I smiled, I don't know how he got to know I needed it, but I'm really grateful for it.

"Yeah." his friends said.

"I thought we were going to host an event because of the music." I said.

"Naah, we actually wanted to disturb the whole place, but Nathan would have killed us if we did." Zac said.

"Yeah, plus we also didn't want to destroy your beauty sleep." Collins continued.

"You guys are making me look like a murderer." Nathan said whilst I giggled.

After the meal, I offered to do the dishes but they disagreed.

"So what am I supposed to do?"  I asked, sitting on the chair, with my arms crossed on my chest.

"Nothing." Zac and Collins said.

Nathan was just standing, hands in his pocket and was staring at me. I'm glad I didn't put my braids in a ponytail, so I could at least cover my face a little. The guys placed everything back to where they belong, then we headed to the leaving room.