shoplifting

TW: MURDER, GUNS

~Zak's POV~

Almost 2 weeks pass from the picnic. It was Friday, a day before Winter Break. Prom was around the corner, almost two months away. It was also my birthday very soon. I'd be turning 18. It was a special number but I didn't really have any special plans.

Clay did confront me, telling me that he wanted to kill Scarlett a few days ago. I convinced him to give George and her some time, it would be suspicious if Scarlett died so soon after she started dating George and people would start to think that maybe George was the one that did something to her.

Clay of course had his side of the argument, saying he didn't want George to fall in love because if he did Clay would be hurt in the process and George would also be hurt when we do end up having to kill Scarlett.

I reassured him that if we did give Scarlett some time on earth and George did end up falling love with Scarlett, Clay shouldn't be hurt because she'll be gone either way. If George and Scarlett did end up breaking up, we would let her go.

That's how I convinced him. If they don't break up within a month we'll kill Scarlett off. We didn't want to have another Vincent incident.

At school during lunch, Clay pulled me out of the table into the hall to talk to me.

I could tell Clay was feeling tense, he was refusing to make eye contact with me and he was looking away with an uncomfortable look.

"What's up?" I ask in a concerned tone.

"George is so caught up with Scarlett. I asked him in class if he wanted to hangout today and he said he promised Scarlett that they were going out tonight. I know I'm not supposed to get hurt, but it's so hard." He turned to look at me, our eyes lock. He placed his hand on my shoulder, his eyes raged with intensity, "I need her gone,"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "We can't. She'll be gone one way or another, just remember that. You just have to wait another two weeks. Until then you'll just have to draw with it,"

He seemed surprised that I didn't automatically agree with his idea of cutting the timer short. "Zak." He said firmly, "You of all people should understand me. I've always went with what you want, so please. Just agree with me,"

I start to frown. "I know, but I need you to keep understanding. Two weeks isn't the end of the world." I say what I've been putting off saying, "You know what happened to Vincent. You know that we don't want that to happen again,"

These words triggered something in Clay. He went back to avoiding eye contact and he removed his hand from my shoulder and started to cross his arms. "Fine. But I still feel the need to be violent. I need to let the feelings out,"

I raise my shoulders and yawn. "Don't worry about it. How about me and you go do something later today to let them out,"

I took a glance to look over at Clay's face, his face lit up. "Sure! What are we going to do. We can burn something, smash something, kill something, rob something, I'm done for anything!"

I giggle. "I was just think like generally hanging out. Like we could go shopping or whatever,"

His cheerful expression turned gloomy. After some thoughts, it lit up again. "Oh! I see what you mean!" He started winking.

I start to laugh again. "No, I'm serious. Just normal shopping. I wanted to get some snacks and maybe a few gifts for Darryl. It'll be fun,"

His frown came back. "Ok?" He started to say slowly, "We're on the same page right? You want to go to a store and steal the snacks and gifts for Darryl, right?"