23: MELTING

Y/n and Kai found seats on the upper bleachers for the time being

Y/n and Kai found seats on the upper bleachers for the time being. The two waited patiently as they saw Atsumu, Suna, and Osamu finally walk into the gym. The crowd quieted down when the microphone started ringing through the area.

Teams from different prefectures lined up in rows, each carrying a sign at the front. For Inarizaki, it was Kita who carried it. Y/n saw the red and black school colors team from Tokyo. And Itachiyama's bright colors. Atsumu looked around with a grin on his beautiful face. It wasn't their first time there, but it was still something special for him. Especially because the girl he liked was watching him from the stands.

Y/n was like no other to him, someone who liked him for who he was, not just because he was popular. She actually got to know him before deciding if she actually fell for him or not. Hell, she even tried to convince herself she didn't like him.

But Atsumu didn't know that. He didn't know she liked him equally as much. Possibly even more. Even so, he still had confidence in himself.

The whole plan was for getting her to fall for him. Afterwards, who knew what would even happen... And he felt guilty. Guilty at how he was leading her on. But in the process, he started liking her as well.

The teams disbanded, going to their respectful courts, and the rest sat down as they waited for their next opponent. "Hey, Kita-san, were going to sit at the top with Y/n and Kai. Is that fine?"

Atsumu, Suna, and Osamu waited for his response, "Yeah." He turned away with Aran.

"Great. Come on guys," he said and basically skipped over beside Y/n's seat. Suna and Osamu smirked at this. The darker haired boy recording for blackmail.

"Heya Y/n!" She looked at him walking towards her and smiled at him.

"Hey 'Tsumu!" He swore he felt himself fall in love even more. His cheeks warmed up, and he turned his face to look forward. Suna and Osamu sat beside him, talking to each other.

"Do you want to go check out the match down there? Or like, go to the the souvenir shop?"

Y/n looked up in question, "Will Kita-san let us?"

"Hell yeah he'll let us! He's not our dad. But we'll ask since you mentioned it. Come on, lets go ask," he stood up and grabbed her hand, pulling her up. Now it was Y/n's turn for her cheeks to get warm, looking down at their intertwined hands.

Liliya was sitting at the edge, a bored look on her face. And when she heard footsteps coming from behind her, she turned around to see who it was. Upon seeing Atsumu walking down, her face brightened, straightening her posture. But when she saw Y/n was behind him and noticed their hands together, she scowled and stood up to walk to the other end of the bleachers.

Atsumu paid no attention to this, but Y/n did, though she immediately stopped thinking about it. As the two of them approached the captain, Y/n tried her best to put on a smile.

"Yo, Kita-san!" Atsumu popped up in front of him, looking down to meet his eyes. Kita looked at Y/n beside the setter and smiled at her with a wave.

"What is it that you need?"

"Me and Y/n-chan are wondering if we can go down to the souvenir shop right now. Pleaseee?"

Kita stared at him, "That was it? Yeah sure, go ahead. You better be back by the time this round is over. Or else we'll make you run 10 laps around the school when we get back."

Atsumu stiffened but nodded. Y/n answered for him, "You can count on me to bring him back."

"Of course."

Y/n dragged Atsumu away from the captain, so he couldn't annoy him anymore. "Kita-san is really nice."

Atsumu walked steadily beside her, "Yeah? Probably just to you. He can be scary sometimes."

"Stop it. Anyways, was it you who wanted to buy something? Because I left my money in the bus..."

The boy deadpanned.

"Just kidding," she laughed at him and sighed, "I have money right here. Maybe I should get a shirt. Might wear it tomorrow if you guys manage to get to the next round..."

Atsumu regained his composure, "No yeah! We totally will win!"

"I know you will," you tightened your grip on his hand, and he felt it. You looked at him and narrowed your eyes, "When will you let go of my hand?" His cheeks flushed, and he immediately tried to let go, but the girls grip was strong, "I was just saying. I didn't mean it like that," she sighed, "If I'm being honest, I kind of like it."

His face turned to one of shock, and then he giggled, "Okay then. Which shirt do you want?"

She looked around the stands and the shirts displayed, "Hm, is there one for setters?"

Atsumu literally felt himself melt. Again. That was what did it for him, butterflies swarming his stomach. "Y-yeah. Here..." he walked her over to the stands displaying the shirt that said "The Way of the Setter".

Y/n paid for it and grabbed the bag, "So did you want anything?"

The blonde setter shook his head, "No, I'm okay. We should get back before--"

"Miya-san, Y/l/n-san," Sakusa's voice said from behind him in a serious tone. His mask covered his face.

"Ah, hey guys," Komori said from beside him.

"Oh, hey Sakusa-san," Y/n waved at him and Komori.

"Sorry, nice seeing you as well, but we gotta go," Atsumu pulled Y/n away with a wave.

"We had a little more time right?"

"No. We gotta go now."

"I see," she smiled at him, she took it as a sign that he cared for her, or was possibly jealous. The girl swung their hands together and started humming random noises. And Atsumu's heart melted (again).

They met with the team again. And it was just on time for their match. Y/n let go of his hand and gave him words of positivity, though he didn't really need it. Because she was right there.

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE

this was mostly kinda fluff i guess. does it count? anyways, school festival arc coming soon *insert tons of emojis*
vote and comment.