Chapter 18

*beep*
    *beep*
    *beep*

    Ugh someone turn that off. My head hurt. My chest hurt. My back hurt. Hell.... my butt hurt. What the hell happened!!! Oh yeah... Matthew. It all came flooding back, reminding me of what happened. I couldn't move, but i could hear voices speaking to each other.

"Jonah, it's been nine days. Please go shower, change clothes, eat something. When she wakes up, she ain't going to want to smell your stinking ass, let alone kiss you. Please, brother. I will call you as soon as she wakes up." The voice, it sounded like the Alpha!

"Fine.. I'll go get some clothes and bring them back here and shower in her bathroom. I'm not risking missing her wake up", Jonah said, his voice filled with frustration. He sounded tired, slightly weak. Alpha was right though, he needed a shower.

Jonah leaned over to kiss my cheek, lingering for just a moment before I heard his heavy boots leave the room. Then I heard the Alpha again."*sigh* that boy is so in love with you it's scary. I never thought the Hellhound of all people would find his mate. He was so unapproachable before he met you. He didn't even want a mate, till he met you. Baby girl, you've gotta fight. Now damnit you're the closet thing I've got to a daughter, and this club needs you. You're like.... our saving Grace. You gave us a chance when the rest of the town refused to. But mostly, Jonah needs you." He for real quiet after that, I felt him raise my hand and kiss the back of it, leaning his face into it. I wanted to jump up and hug him, but I still want paralyzed by the medicines.

Some time later, I heard Jonah's boots re enter the room. He smelled tons better, his musky scent that I had grown to love made my mouth water. I doubt he'd still even want me, really. Especially after how I'm sure I looked. He must've showered at home and then came back. Hope he brought me some clothes too.

I needed my mate badly. I tried to move, but still nothing. I heard his growl lowly at the Alpha before a chair slid back quickly.

"Why are you touching my mate. Alpha or not. She's mine." He snarled, the Hellhound was trying to push through. I needed to wake up, NOW. I heard the beeping pick up speed: good my heart rate monitor.

"And you know she's like a daughter, Jonah. Nothing more than that. I don't need nor do I want another Mate, so shut up and go be with her", he growled back, obviously annoyed with him.

With a growl and huff, my Hellhound sat beside me, taking my hand in is and squeezing tight. "Come on Lily... please? It's been too long and.... Damnit I miss you."

At that moment, I gathered every bit of strength I had and squeezed with all my might, earning, barely getting my fingers to twitch, but it was enough. Jonah's chair flew backwards with a loud scrape ."Lily! Lily can you hear me! Do it again if you can." He said hurriedly.

I once again gathered my strength and squeezed a little bit harder. Jonah began to laugh and kiss my forehead over and over, hot tears hitting my face. He hollered for a nurse and one came, checking all my vitals, asking me to do it again, which I did. I was slowly waking up, and being able to move a little bit more every hour that went by. Jonah never left my side, which made me feel safe.

    It was getting really late, and Jonah kept yawning. I felt him lay his head down on the side of the bed, still grasping my hand. I want so desperately to tell him to go get on the couch or even go home, but I didn't want him to leave either. Eventually, his breathing evened out into soft snores. I thought about how I needed to call Sarah when I woke up, let her know what happened, though I'm sure Jonah must've told her. Soon after, sleep took over, and the nightmares began.

    I woke with a scream.  I was back in that hell hole, with Matthew, viper, and Collin all using me and hurting me. I screamed again. Suddenly, I was being shaken awake by a set of rough hands on my shoulders and my eyes shot open, and I sat up with a gasp. Jonah shot back in surprise before wrapping his arms around me and slamming me into his chest. I groaned as pain shot through my body, making Jonah let go and grab my yeti cup from beside the bed, letting me have some water.

"Lily are you alright?" Jonah asked softly, brushing my hair from my eyes.

"Yeah yeah I'm ok. Just a bad dream. God I'm so glad you're here ", I said with a sigh as I leaned into his chest. He cautiously hugged me back, placing a kiss on top of my head. I was tired, that was obvious, but I didn't want to let go of this moment. "Jonah? What happened to.. to Matthew?"

Jonah stiffened and looked away. "The Hellhound took care of him." And that's all he said about it. I just nodded and snuggled back against his chest, ignoring the pain. Jonah eventually got up and got the doctor, letting them know I awake.

    "She's seems fine. We can take off these wires now. You've healed great, much faster than we expected, but I guess that's what happens when you're in a coma and not moving." The Doctor said with a shrug as he unhooked me. "You're welcome to shower, with help of course. You don't need to stretch, just let someone help you... I mean.. I'm free." He said with a wink.

Jonah snarled loudly, jumping up to protect me, from what I don't know. "That is MY girl. I will be the one helping her." The doctor just put his hands up and left the room, leaving me struggling not to laugh.

"I'm sorry but that was hilarious. His scrawny self thinking he's got a chance, when I've got a Hellhound? That's funny." I giggled while Jonah just stared, a smile beginning to creep onto his face before he burst out laughing as well. "But for real, I need a shower. I stink. Do you wanna run home and get me some clothes?"

"Umm... Lily? We're in North Carolina...they took you this far from me. I can run to the Walmart and grab you something tho. I mean if you don't mind me getting you a bra and underwear, of course ." Jonah replied, blushing slightly. I just laughed and nodded, telling him my sizes. I just wanted some leggings and a long sleeve shirt to hide all the bruises and scars. I asked him to get a hairbrush as well.

45 minutes later, and he was back and he helped me take a nice hot shower. I was worn out by the end, so he had me lay down on my stomach while he massaged my back and shoulders. For this, I was grateful, and I'm sure he enjoyed it as well, considering this was really the first time he'd seen me undressed. Though.... it wasn't sexual. Just sensual.

————————-
It's late I know.