Chapter 2

Adam Whitney hadn't intended on hopping into bed with the first woman he met in town after arriving. A temporary job had brought him here, a favor for a friend of his mom. He would be moving cattle for a few days, helping with some fence building and other repairs on the ranch.

He needed time to feel normal, and he couldn't do that in the Army or at home close to his mother. Maybe if he had silence, he'd have time to work through everything.

The first time his guys had been injured in Africa, he'd brushed it off. The next time, Jenkins had been blown to pieces. One second they'd been laughing about barrack bunnies, and then he was screaming, his mind reeling as Jenkins' leg had landed on another guy's lap. Pain twisted through him and he closed his eyes, but that made it worse. A shudder ripped through him, and he feared another round of flashbacks. Instead, he focused on the sleeping woman at his side.

Beautiful with soul-filled eyes, she'd surprised him. Sex was all he wanted, then he planned to walk away, but something had happened while wrapped in her arms, his cock buried deep. She was different, and he couldn't understand why a woman like this was sleeping with random men picked up at bars.

He dozed off but woke when she slid out of bed. She wasn't in the bathroom for long, and when she came out, he went in, wondering if she'd ask him to leave. He should take off. This woman didn't seem like the type of person to do random fucks, and yet here he was in her hotel room.

When he stepped out of the bathroom, he found her looking through her bag. She stood and moved closer to him.

"Hey, I guess I should take off," Adam said.

She shrugged. "Or you could come back to bed and let me suck you."

His cock grew hard at her suggestion. Though he knew he should walk away, lust still filled him. He held out his hand, and she moved closer, snuggling against his chest.

"What's a woman like you doing picking up a stranger in a shitty bar like that?"

She shuddered and shook her head. "No talking about life outside these four walls. I'll suck you, fuck you, ride you, anything sex related, and we can talk about positions and what feels good, but nothing more."

He nodded, understanding maybe a little too well. His pain from trauma suffered in war had consumed everything, but other people had issues too. Before Jenkins, emotional problems were trivial, but after watching his buddy be blown apart, he'd changed. He didn't want to talk about what had driven him to this place, and he wouldn't force her to divulge what was going on in her life.

"Fair enough." He brushed his lips over hers then leaned back. "I'll call you Angel."

"That's cheesy," she said.

He chuckled. "Sure is, but that's what I'm going to call you."

"Then I'll call you Brick because you're built like a wall."

He laughed and nodded. "Sure, I'm good with Brick, Angel."

"I want to suck you until you come," she said, her eyes full of mischief.

His cock filled out the rest of the way as she trailed her fingers over his chest then lower. Hot desire washed over him. He wanted to push her up against the wall and fuck her until he couldn't see straight, but she wanted to suck his cock and who was he to stand in the way of her desires.

His dick twitched, and he tugged her closer. "I'm up for that."

She reached down and ran her hand over his length. "You sure are."