Chapter 11

ALESSIA

I am sitting in the living room with Emily and Alena, playing with her toys. We are laughing and making fun of Alena because she is making these cute scrunched up faces when things do not go her way.

Out of nowhere, we hear Jessica screaming. She sounds furious. Of all the years I have known her, I have never heard her sound like that. Emily even looked worried.

Suddenly, she comes storming out of Jaxson's office after slamming the door. Alena jumps off the floor and into my lap because she does not know what is going on.

Jessica comes over to us and she is fuming mad. Handing Alena to Emily, I stand up and grab Jessica forcing her to give me a hug. At first, she resisted it, but I whispered in her ear that Alena is watching her. She tenses up and takes a few deep breaths trying to calm herself down. When she was relaxed enough, she broke from my hug and walked over to Alena. Alena threw her arms up in the air wanting Jessica to pick her up. Once she did, she gave Jess a big hug and a sloppy wet kiss. Jessica could not help but laugh while wiping the slob from around her mouth.

After a while when I noticed that she had completely calmed down. "What happened to get you that upset?" I asked. Taking another long breath, she began to tell me what happened. Emily looked pissed.

"Em, did you know?" Jessica asked.

"NO, I only knew that's what Becca wanted but I didn't know that Jaxson agreed to it. Honestly, I hoped he would find his mate and kick Becca to the curb by now but how could he find his mate, he's not even looking for her." Emily said.

"Hold on, what a mate?" I asked. They explained it to me, and I thought it was cool to have someone out there that was specially made for you.

I started thinking about Jonathan, was he the one for me? Did I have my chance and now it is gone? Will I ever find anyone like that again?

Jessica must have seen my face and knew what I was thinking because she hugged me.

"Babe, there is someone out there for you and you will find him and be happy again." She said. Emily came over and hugged me too.

We were sitting on the couch and heard a door slammed again. Becca came running out of Jaxson's office and ran upstairs crying.

"Hey, one can hope that what you said to Jaxson will make him reconsider." I said.

"Oh, about that ma'am, we need to have a little chat because I think you're keeping things from me." Jessica said to me, crossing her hands over her chest.

All I did was stare back at her and bite my bottom lip. I can feel my leg bouncing on the floor. Damn it, I do not want to be having this conversation. Call me a hypocrite for wanting to keep this a secret but I don't even know what this is. Ugh. Oh, wow I could use a distraction right now. How could I possibly tell them I think their brother is hot and he makes me feel things I never felt before.

Maybe this is all because I have gone almost 4 years since I have had sex. It is my body's way of telling me that I need to find someone. Yeah that is it. Perfect distraction. Once I tell Jessica I am going to start dating again, she will not remember wanting to talk to me about Jaxson. Alessia 1 Jessica 0. Ha-ha I need a life.

"Jess, how do you find your mate? I want us to go find us a man. You search for your mate and I will look for a decent human. Do you think you would be up to something like that?" I asked. Yes, she was shocked. Do not think she expected that to come from me.

"Who are you and what have you done to my innocent friend?" Jessica said. I laughed.

"I'm right here, it's just been 4 years and I think I'm ready. I don't know how to do this, so I need your help." I said looking at both Emily and Jessica.

They both looked at each other with this evil smile on their faces. Oh God, I made a mistake. I am scared.

We talked some more before bringing Alena outside to play. We were out there for a while until everyone got hungry.

I went into the kitchen, making sandwiches for everyone. They all came in and sat around the table. The guys were training so they looked tired, so they were not talking much. The conversation basically was controlled by Alena.

"Hey Jake, do you think you can watch Alena tonight for a little while? The girls and I wanted to go out and have some fun." Emily said. Jessica and I just looked up waiting for his response.

"Where are you all trying to go?" He asked.

"I don't know, maybe to the club. Alessia hasn't really been out much since she got here so it would be good for her and us." She said giving him the puppy dog eyes and poked out her lip slightly.

You can see Jake's eyes glaze over. Emily told me what happens when they are talking to someone through mind link. His eyes went back to normal.

"I don't think you all should be out alone at light. There will be drinking, and I do not trust the guys around you." Jake said but I saw a quick glance over to Jaxson. Why do I have a feeling he had something to do with Jake's answer. Ok, if he wants to play like that, I gotcha.

"Jake, ok the truth is that I'm meeting a guy at the club, sort of like a date. I am nervous since it has been my first date in years and I really want Emily and Jessica to be there for me. First, so I am not alone with some stranger. Second, so they can help me out, so I am not so uncomfortable and third, we all get to have a little fun. We will not drink. I am from New York, if I can handle those guys, this should be a piece of cake plus I know how to defend myself. I grew up in all types of kickboxing and martial arts. My dad made sure that I could defend myself. Please let them go with me?" I said. I know I straight up lied but yeah, we deserve a night out without the guys being jealous and overbearing.

"Fine under one condition, you take a couple of my men to make sure all of you stay safe." Jaxson said. Everyone turned to him surprised that he approved of this. From what I was told, he never let Emily and Jessica go clubbing. Jessica was only able to do it in New York because he did not know about it.

Emily jumped up, gave Jaxson a hug thanking him. Jessica gave him a small nod with a slight glare, letting him know she was still mad at him. I completely ignored him, and we all ran upstairs to figure out what we were going to wear. Oh, this is so exciting.