11

this is the real chapter ok lol

*
I slightly opened my eyes to a bright light above me. Was I dead? Maybe this was heaven. My head pounded and I could barely even find the strength to open them all the way.

Finally I clearly opened them to the sight of a long fluorescent light above me. I turned my head to see I was in a hospital bed with an empty space all around me. I was dressed in a gown and immediately started to feel everything. The ache and pain. And then I remembered what happened, the fall.

Before I could even try to raise myself up a nurse came rushing in, telling me to rest and wait for my mother to arrive. But my mother couldn't arrive.

"I'm glad your awake sweetie, the fall knocked you out cold. Falling down the stairs can be a lot more dangerous than people think, you'd be surprised what I see working this job."

I weakly smiled at her.

"Yeah, the fall."

"Well just give me a second dear, we'll have the doctor in in a moment to give you the rundown on everything. Normally we'd do it with the parent in the room but your mom seems extremely busy, didn't answer a single call."

"Alright thanks."

With that she ushered herself out of the room and not long after the doctor arrived.

The news was bitter, a fractured wrist, three broken ribs and a broken ankle. Clearly the fall wasn't gentle on me. But everyone keeps addressing it as an accident, 'you need to be careful around stairs' or 'lots of people have accidents around them'. But this was no accident. This was an attack.

Suddenly it hit me. How was I going to get out of this situation. When they found out my moms dead, or missing, they'll try and put me in some system. Panic rushed through me as I racked my brain for some kind of plan to get out of this.

I knew they would get suspicious when no family or friend would pick me up but I had time because I needed to heal. I had told the nurse my mom was on a work trip for a month and had left me at home since we had a reliable housekeeper. They bought it and didn't question me for the rest of my stay. Eventually I was healing and could move, they'd put me in physical therapy and I felt so much better. I knew it was time. 

I raised from my bed and changed into the clothes I had come here in. I stepped out of the room and made sure no one was around. I continued walking feeling anxious, worried someone would realize it was me, that I wasn't supposed to be leaving. But I kept walking confidently and managed to leave the front door.

*
Sometime later I arrived back at the house that held so much pain and hurt and realized that as I stood in front of the tall black gate, it was exactly where I belonged.

I pushed it open and made my way to the front door as soon as I entered my mothers body was wrapped around my own.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're alright. I was so worried for you!"

It was weird and uncomfortable, the idea of her showing affection and concern for me. But there was a small part of me that liked it.

"I'm ok. But i'm sore." I said as I untangled her arms around me, "I'm just gonna go to my room for now."

She nodded quickly at me and I quickly ascended up the stairs, my mind only really thinking of one person.

I pushed open the door in excitement but no one was there. I slightly frowned but assumed he was probably just hiding.

"Tate..."

I waited but nothing

"Tate just come out!"