eight | devil's luck

Music fading with each step, Ivy dreaded Luca's short tolerance of alcohol and a mind of hers to be horny all the time. The kiss between them often occurred drunk or at a party, it was one of the ways Luca withstood her soberness and instead do the stupidest things she could possibly do, and one of them would be kissing her best friend.

The door closing and the stalls vacant, Ivy was no isolated from the crowd in a literate manner. She wasted no time in splashing water onto her face, and consequently, she tensed at the cold liquid as it roamed down her chin and dripped further than intended. 

Her hands gripped the sink exterior, and in front of her, she saw someone she didn't recognise.

If her past self could look at her present self now, surely they'd seem disappointed with how she turned out. Having sex for the hell of it, occasional drugs and isolating her emotional side from others was merely the top of her problems.

Once a kind, naive blonde, now a narcissistic with a high social status because of her body count and attitude. Perhaps she changed for the better, although Ivy didn't think so, she never believed it would happen, but here she is.

"Too much alcohol to handle?" Blake said, emerging from the public bathroom door, her hands crossed and leaning on the wall closest to her. "You shouldn't be out at this time, especially on the first night of school."

"Drop the teacher's act, Ms Valentine. You don't give two shits about me, so don't make me believe it." Ivy didn't know where the hostility in her voice came from, perhaps she was holding it in from their last encounter.

Blake's face was now puzzled by the sudden rude behaviour. "Excuse me?"

Ivy scoffed, her hands dropping to her sides and turning around so she could look at her teacher without the mirror view. "You heard me."

Even without being on school grounds, it was no way to speak to an adult, and since Ivy knew nothing about manners nor common sense, Blake had a thought. 

With an unreadable expression portrayed, Blake took no time in walking up to the younger girl, close enough for their chests to touch. "That's no way to speak to an adult, nonetheless, anyone. With all this disrespect, you need to be taught a lesson, Ivy."

Switching up already? Make up your mind. Ivy thought, her eyes felt more awake than it was before, she now didn't have an excuse to blame Blake's behaviour on the tipsy hallucinations. "I thought you didn't have time for a child like me?"

Her words were like a moth to a fire, she lured Blake in for the right time, yet Blake wasn't affected, at least, she didn't show it physically. "I don't."

Ivy scoffed, it was selfish to believe her plan would genuinely work. She began to push Blake off away from her, but instead, Blake's hands were planted on her wrist, anchoring her hands onto the sink exterior once more. "But it doesn't mean I won't make time for you."

"For fuck's sake." Ivy cursed under her breath, the mind of hers couldn't comprehend the woman's actions anymore. "If I had known you would've pulled this shit, I wouldn't have come in the first place."

"Do you think I enjoy holding back what I have for you, nonetheless, watch you kiss someone else?" A tone of jealousy surpassed Blake's initial response as she scoffed. "It's hard, Ivy. Especially when you say things that make me want to let go."

Behind the jealous eyes, was a soul of wonders. Blake knew that despite her effort to pull back and walk out of the empty bathroom, her body wouldn't allow her. She was confusing herself at some levels, it was horrifying to know that slowly, she was giving in to the young girl's remarks.

Ivy haunted her mind, but she liked it.

"And if I'm being honest" Blake had already let go of the young girl's wrists, placing one of her hands on the pit of Ivy's stomach, and the other tilting the blonde's chin upwards. "I want you screaming my name."

Passing through her walls, Ivy was a little girl that hid her feelings from everyone, and that's one of her downfalls. But another is being too stubborn to realise the danger she puts herself into. One of those dangers was falling for women who are older than her, women that are off-limits. And Ms Valentine had already been seen as a candidate for her taste. 

Although Ivy couldn't read Ms Valentine as well, she had believed she was genuine about her confession. Time was all that was needed for Ms Valentine to crack under pressure and fall into the palms of Ivy. It was inevitable after how Ivy visioned Blake in her head, after all, she gets what she wants.

"Is that so?" A bratty smile was placed on Ivy's face as the eyes of Ms Valentine darkened. "Do you want me that bad?" 

Deep down, Ivy couldn't resist her attraction to Ms Valentine, nor could she deny it. So in a way, both of the girls were giving into each other, and that was why their love was dangerous.

"Do you want me to prove it?" Blake questioned, her patience running low as usual.

Ivy's hands let go of the sink and wrapped themselves around the woman's neck, pulling her closer than expected. "Depends on how willing you are."

Both of the women smirked, but they both knew the consequences of their attraction, and on some level, it fueled their desire even more.