Chapter 3

Rosies POV
We get into the car I buckle up the kids and put their backpacks on the floor by them. I hop into the front seat and and start the car. "So my loves after I pick you guys up from school we're going to head over to the grocery store ok?" I say to them.

"Ok" they respond at the same time. They continue with their little conversation and I hear Benji say once we get closer to their school. "It's ok sister, I'll protect you from all the mean kids. I love you ok?"

I smile to myself at his comment and hear Abby say "I love you too brother forever and ever." My smile just grows wider at her words. I look through the mirror and see they're holding hands across the seats.

I pull up to the school and park. I get out of the car and see people giving me judgmental looks. 'I wonder why'
I think it myself looking down to avoid peoples stares. I open the door on the side Abby was sitting on.

Abby climbs down with a little help.I grab her bag and put it on her and hand her, her lunch box and purse. Benji then gets out of the car. I hand him his backpack and lunch box. After they both have their stuff situated I grab both of their hands and walk across the street.

We walk into the school and some of the dads are giving me weird looks and the moms are glaring at me. I don't look down this time because 'I will not be weak in front of my kids' I say to myself.

I pick my head up high and continue to walk to the kids class. We get to the class and I see most of the kids already in the class. A lady walks up to us and says "You two must be Abigail and Benjamin"

Benji nods his head and says "Yes we are, it's nice to meet you ma'am." I smile at his answer. I see a shock written on their teachers face at Benjis politeness. I then feel Abby hide behind me. "It's alright my love you'll be ok. Before you know it, it'll be time for me to come get you guys."I say to her with a soft voice.

"Hi sweetheart I'm Mrs.Carter. I really like your purse." Their teacher says smiling sweetly at Abby with a bit of shock in her voice. My face becomes confused from the bit of shock I hear. "Thank you my mommy bought it for me." Abby say softly.

That causes Mrs.Cater to look at me. She looks a bit stunned. 'She is really confusing' I think to myself. I stick my hand out and smile and say softly. "Hi I'm Rosie De Rossi nice to meet you"

"Hi Mrs.Carter nice to meet you as well and might I say you are gorgeous" she says smiling at me. I blush at her comment "Thank you" I say.

"Ok well I'm gonna go greet the other moms and kids"Mrs.Carter says. She walks away and I bend down to Abby and Benjis height. "Ok my loves it's time for me to leave" I say smiling softly at them.

"No mommy please don't leave us" Abby begs with tears pouring down her chubby cheeks. Hearing those words come out of her mouth break my heart into a hundred pieces. My daughter thinking that I would abandon her kills me.

I wipe Abbys tears and hold her face in my hands. I look at both Abby and Benji "My loves listen to me I would never leave you guys ever ok" I say with my own eyes watering. They both nod. I then bring them into a hug.

"Mommy i think it's time for you to leave we don't want you to be late." Benji says. I pull back from the hug and laugh. "Ok my loves. I love you guys so much and I'll be back before you know it."

I stand up and kiss both of their foreheads. "Bye mommy" Abby says. "Bye momma" Benji says. "Bye my loves."

Third Person POV
Rosie watches as Benjamin and Abigail walk to an empty table and start their own little conversation.
Rosie sees Mrs.Carter alone so she walks over to her " Hi Mrs.Carter" Rosie says in her usual soft like voice."Yes" Mrs.Carter asks turning around.

"Umm hi yeah I just wanted to say if something happens to Abigail or Benjamin or something happens at all I want you to call me right away it doesn't matter where I am I just want you to call ok please" Rosie says out of breath from her small rant.

Mrs.Carter laughs quietly and says "Ok but everything should be fine but I'll call you straight away if anything happens." "Thank you so much" Rosies replies. Mrs.Carter nods in reply.

Rosie was about to walk out of the class when she hears Benjamin call out "Momma." Rosie turns around to see Benjamin running towards her with his jacket in his hands. She starts to grows confused. "Here put this on" He says while handing her the jacket.

"Why is there something wrong with my outfit" Rosie asks innocently. "Momma guys keep looking at you so please wear it, for me" Benjamin says using his puppy dog eyes. "Ok"

Rosie puts it on his jacket and she's a little shocked if fit her. "Fits like a glove" Benjamin says with a wide grin. "Alright bye now my love" Rosie says.

934 words