Chapter 40: Triple trouble

Time went by fast since I got engaged to Dirk. I never thought I'd marry the man who once was my enemy. We didn't marry officially, of course, because we were criminals. Bosch and I did a small ceremony in Ocean Storm since he didn't want to throw a big party... Well, at least we were together. The event happened two months after he proposed. A week later, I found a job for Miguel, Dirk, and uncle Ruben at Ocean Storm. Bosch and Gálvez became gunners while my uncle got a job as our second navigator. While Ashton controlled the helm during the day, uncle Ruben did it at night. My three new crew members helped me immensely with my duties when my pregnancy was at its end. Miguel was the one who assisted me the most, and he became one of my best friends. Different from what I'd imagined, my crew was thrilled when my little girl was born. Everybody spoiled her, even the men. She had light skin, straight dark-brown hair, and blue eyes. Miguel and I gave named her Luna, which means moon in Spanish. Gálvez insisted on calling her Luna because he said she shined like the moon... wasn't that adorable? I liked the idea so much that I ended up agreeing! Luna had the cutest smile and Miguel loved spending time with her. He indeed gave all his love to our girl.

My heart was filled with joy as I observed my children... Yes, Dirk wanted to be a father too! Our little girl was born two years after I had Luna. She had red hair, blue eyes, and light skin. We named her Tess and she was five months old. Luna and Tess were my most precious treasures. Also, I have a surprise... my girls weren't the only kids around! Maartje and Laurens had a son one year after Luna was born. His name was Willem and he was a one-year-old. He had dark skin, dark-brown eyes, and black curly hair... to summarize, a cute mini version of Laurens! At that moment, Maartje took care of Willem and Tess on the main deck. Laurens and uncle Ruben talked at the quarterdeck while Francis sniffed their boots. I observed Miguel while he held Luna. Although she looked beautiful in that little green dress, I wanted to get her a pirate outfit once she got older.

Luna pointed at the sun, "El sol..."

Miguel smiled at our little girl, "El sol brilla para ti, princesa."

I couldn't help but grin... Luna was so unbelievably adorable! Gálvez frequently called her princesa, which means "princess" in Spanish. He always told me our daughter was his princess and the best thing that ever happened to him. Miguel was definitely a better father to Luna than my dad was to me. He looked at her as if she was the most beautiful creature that existed.

I chuckled, "What did you just say to her?"

He sighed, "I told Luna that the sun shines for her."

"That's really beautiful," I grinned. "I like it."

I gently caressed Luna's back. She kept staring at the sun, which was one of her favorite things to do. Sometimes I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have her. Luna was wonderful, and I loved her deeply.

I laughed, "If you keep spending so much time with her, I'll not understand what my own daughter says."

"You and Ruben taught me Dutch, so maybe Luna and I could teach you Spanish," Gálvez smiled at our daughter again. "Wouldn't that be fun, darling?"

My daughter grinned widely, "Yes, daddy!"

Luna sometimes mixed Spanish and Dutch since she heard both languages a lot. I often wondered if she wouldn't get confused at some point... who am I kidding? My daughter could learn anything! Have I mentioned that she was awesome? Yeah, I probably did.

"Maybe later," I chuckled and approached Luna. "By the way, do you want to come with mommy now?"

She shook her head in denial, "Not really."

Gálvez decreased his tone of voice, "Luna, I know you like to stay with me, but go be with your mom. She'll be delighted."

Luna hugged her father tight and cried a little. Even though my daughter seemed to like everyone, she was very attached to Miguel. That probably happened because he was the one who spent the most time with her. God, I always had a hard time taking her from him when he needed to return to the gun deck... They seemed inseparable! It was adorable.