Investigating

Leaving the body there I headed to the office and went through the sliding door, I was met with a girl at the front desk "Are you here for someone?" "Yeah actually, most people here" She laughed a bit "Sir you need an actual appointment" I raised an eyebrow "Yeah.." I showed her my badge and ID "I'm an investigator and 'Peter' was just murdered an hour before opening, mind telling me what floor he worked on?" The lady looked troubled now "Yeah- yes- He was on floor 32" She slid a card and folder on the desk and I took them "Just his records and a card reader for his stuff, sir" I opened the folder to find the victim looking much more alive (Literally and figuratively mind you) He was 43 years old and worked taking calls. I guess he was an asshole to the people around him so I'd have a word with them. He had also worked with 'Violet' the girl who had gone missing but she was found coming from the old abandoned looking house down the street before it was caught ablaze. I could have a word with her too but it depended on if she had anything to do with Peter. "Well thanks." I told the girl and got on the elevator. When I got on the floor I noticed his desk right away, big bold letters at the top 'Peter' was near the front, I looked around to see the boss's office and knocked before going in "Yes?" I flashed my badge "Detective Von, Mike Von, read about me. Uh I need information on Peter brown, people he talked to the most, what time he normally comes in all that" "Oh certainly, where do I start with him...He kept to himself unless you looked at him the wrong way, he yelled a lot and called people names but he would never get physical, as for time" She sighed "He comes in normally around 8:30 but he didn't show up today and that's when I figured it out" I write like a bullet so you bet that I was writing everything said at a moment. "And who did he talk to the most?" She peered out the door that I left open and I closed it for her, her voice was low in a hushed whisper "He only really talked to one person but it wasn't anyone in the building...It was a boy in all black outside, he would meet almost everyday until it become dark..but you didn't hear it from me.." I nodded and erased the quote marks. "Any witnesses to that event other than presumably yourself? " She bit her lip and looked at the wall "There's Rose, she sees everything, she even creeps me out" ''The receptionist?" "Yeah, maybe she can give more detail" I closed the notepad and nodded "Thanks, i'll be on my way then" I finally had some sort of lead. "Detective Von?" "Hm?" "Be careful and make this a better town..." "...I'll try ma'm" I couldn't promise something as deep as that. This town was no good to start with. The sky being grey all the time, the air being filthy and full of fog, the grass and trees so dead they're like straw. This was my town that I wanted to become safer.