Chapter 3

"Bye!" I waved, "Be back before 12, (y/n)!" Mom said and I nod as I left. I wasn't that far from the festival and I could definitely get there in no time. As I walked on the unpaved road, with the sky glistening with stars I gazed around.

There wasn't much to look at, it was just houses after houses. I looked at the lit up window of another house and could see a figure of a woman, when we made eye contact the light suddenly vanished.

The street was empty and it only added up with the creepiness of it as I clutch on my purse, my other hand digged inside and clutching on my pepper spray. There were leafless trees that stood beside me, maybe one of it is a gallow-tree.

I finally made it to the festival, there were a lot of people considering how big they set this place up. In the night, it almost looked like an amusement park for how bright the lights are.

Fairy lights were everywhere, my eyes glistened with the colorful radiant of Christmas Parols lined up above. We used to make some when I was just a kid.

Kids ran with their candy floss of different colors, people ate and laughed. This place was so lively to see and here I was, standing at the corner being a wallflower. A few people looked at me and I felt anxious, some came up to me and said hello.

I felt a tap on my shoulder as I look around, "Hello!" a woman said that seemed to be in her 20s. "H..hi" I awkwardly said, fiddling with the loose threads of my sweater.

She looked lovely, with her icy, blue eyes that compliments her gingery blond hair. She was quite taller than me and wore a simple knitted, white sweater, the left side showing her shoulder and a pair of whitewashed jeans and fur boots.

She gave me a candy floss that's the color of purple, I hesitated at first but she insisted.

"I haven't seen you around here! It's honestly refreshing to see a new face," she said with a smile, "By the way, the name is Norah!" she extend her hand to give me a handshake as I took it, "My name is (y/n), nice to meet you Norah." I smiled back.

We began to talk and found a lot of things we're in common, like how we both find this town creepy and other things like the love of books. Especially romance and fan fictions.

Soon enough, music began to play. Norah got asked to dance with a man and here I was, standing in the shadows eating candy floss. I'll never make friends here, I thought to myself.

I watched as Norah danced with the man who has dark, brown hair. I let out a quiet laugh when I saw her trip, she wasn't the best dancer and I was no better.

As they danced through the night, I felt myself feeling tired from standing there.

I threw the stick of the candy floss to the trash and went to the table of food. There were many people gathered there, and I only came to get a cup of cranberry juice.

I sipped the juice from the cup, tasting the sweet, deep, cherry-like flavor. When I squeezed myself out of the crowd of people, I saw a tall figure at where I once was. I walked towards him and as I got closer, I felt sucked in. His dark brown eyes complimented his upturned cat-like shaped eyes, his lashes were long, dark and curved.

His hair was black as an ebony, silky and lustrous. His skin was quite pallor, yet it complimented him well. An unusual sight to see.

The dashing man wore an all black outfit, a turtle neck sweater with black jeans and shoes. As I stood there a few inches from him, he turned to me and I looked back, our eyes met each other. "Hello" he greeted, his voice deep and velvety like the one I heard from my dreams.

I felt myself feel flustered but kept my thoughts away. "Hi" I said in a friendly tone and paired it with a smile, I don't want people to think I'm quite a snob.