The Stars

You woke up to what you thought was chirping birds, but when you looked over it was your alarm clock. The room felt empty and cold. You sat up and opened the dusty curtains that covered the tiny window by your bed. "Great...just what i need today." you said sarcastically. It was snowing pretty bad outside so you decided to just read a book and drink hot tea while you wait for the snow to calm down a bit. As you were waiting for your tea to heat up you saw a small picture frame flipped so the picture wasn't showing. You furrowed your brows and walked over to the frame. As you picked it up to reveal the picture you heard a hard knock at your door.
"Hey y/n, you in there?" You recognized the rusty voice. It was Joel. You and Joel have known each other for a while. When you were little you used to play tag with his daughter, Sarah. You always thought of him as a father, but ever since Sarah died he kinda drifted away a little.
"Yea ill be right there Joel." You said with a smile. You walk over to the door to open it.
"Hey kiddo." Joel says with a worried face. You thought this day was going to go to shit, but i guess not. "Have you seen my guitar pic anywhere?" You took what you said back. This day might go to shit.
"Uh...no i don't think so, but i'll keep an eye out." You reply with a blank face. Out of all the people in Jackson you thought he would know.
"ok well thanks anyway...i'll see ya around." You nodded at that and he walked off. Closing the door to block the freezing wind, you begin to cry. The burning in your throat only caused you to cry more. You cried for a few minutes until there was no tears left. You looked over to see your cup of tea not steaming anymore and your book closed.
"shit." You said under your breath. That's all you could really say. Your own "Father". The one that would do anything and everything to care for you forgot about it....your birthday. You haven't had a real birthday for years, and you thought this year would be different because you were finally 18.

A few hours later
You were sitting on your couch drinking a newly made cup of tea and finishing up your book until you heard another knock. This time it wasn't a hard knock but a soft one. You put your mug down on the side table and walked over to the door. It was already pretty dark outside so you couldn't see out the window. You twisted the door knob and opened the door to reveal Dina. You both smiled at the sight of each other. Her beautiful coffee eyes made you smile even more.
"Hey y/n." She said with a low voice.
"Hey." You said smiling. Dina has been your best friend for a while now. She always makes jokes about how you were when you first arrived to Jackson. You secretly liked her....well maybe loved her.
"I got you something, but you have to close your eyes." She said with a big smile. You closed your eyes and held out your hands. After a few seconds you felt a little box in your hand. "Ok, you can open them now." You opened your eyes to see a tiny box with star wrapping paper and a tiny blue bow on top. You smiled.
"Oh Dina you shouldn't have." You said dramatically. Her wrinkles under her eyes when she smiled was so cute.
"Open it...I wanna take you somewhere after." She said excitingly. You opened it and you found a tiny space ship pin.
"Holy shit Dina. This is the same one i wanted at that old museum!" You and her went to an abandoned museum on your first patrol together, and found this pin. Sadly you could never get to it because you were being chased by infected and clickers.
"Ok ok...now it's time to go." She grabbed your hand tightly and started walking towards the stables.
"Where are we going?" You ask.
"You'll see." She said smirking.

A few minutes later
Y'all have been on Dinas horse for a few minutes until you started seeing some lights. Once you got closer you realized the lights were on an old barn. "Wow." Is all you could say. It was beautiful. There was a few lights leading to the barn, then a ladder. When you climbed up the ladder to the roof, you saw some lanterns and candles around a blanket. There was food right in the middle and what looked like some wine.
"I know what you're thinking...but this is actually all for me." Dina said sarcastically. You've always loved her little jokes. Even in the hardest times, she would always find a way to make you smile.
"Dina, this is beautiful." She smiled at that and looked at you. She then looked down realizing y'all were staring at each other for a while.
"Come on...the truly beautiful spot is right here." She climbed up onto the blanket and patted beside her. You climbed up right next you her and just sat there saying nothing. The stars were beautiful.
"The stars are beautiful tonight." You said then turned to look at Dina. She was admiring the stars and full moon.
"Not as beautiful as you." She said. You paused and thought about what she just said. You then smiled at it as it played over and over again in your head. "Hey, i know your all grown up and stuff now, but do you wanna play truth or dare?" She asked seriously. You just looked at her and nodded. "Ok i'll go first...truth or dare?"
"Truth." You replied.
"Is it true you are my best friend?" She asked.
"Of course dip shit." You both laughed and she punched your shoulder slightly. "Ok...truth or dare?"
"Dare." Dina said without hesitating. You thought for a little and finally decided.
"I dare you to....Kiss me." You didn't believe what you said. Would this ruin your friendship?! Did you just fuck up everything because of your desire? As you were doubting yourself you felt a warm hand on your cold face. You looked over your shoulder and you both leaned in. Her soft lips touched yours and you felt a connection. Like nothing around you mattered. Just her, you, and the stars. Her lips left yours and you felt alive.
"Wow....not as magical as i thought it would be." She said jokingly. You punched her shoulder. "Hey! I was just joking." She said laughing.
"Your an ass." You told her trying to calm your laughter.
"Ok, truth or dare?" She asked you.
"Dare." You replied. You were not as scared as the first time she asked.
"I dare you to....go out with me." She said looking up slowly. Again you were in total shock. Why would she want to date you?!? Are you even worth it?
"Well you can't say no to a dare." You admitted with a smile. She scooted next to you and put her head on your shoulder.
"I love you y/n."
"I love you more."

Author's note
So i know this was a long story but i wanted to add a lot of detail and try to make it interesting. Plz let me know what you think of this one and give me some ideas. Thank you!!!