Chapter 18

Heath drops me home safely and I make my way inside my house

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Heath drops me home safely and I make my way inside my house. I head upstairs and take a quick shower before I plop myself on my bed and drift off to sleep.

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

The morning sun hits my eyes as I wake up. I reach for my phone and check the clock. 12:00 pm?! How in the heck did I manage to sleep in? I quickly rush out of bed, the sheets tangled around my feet, causing me to fall on the floor with a thump. "Ow," I mumble rubbing my head.

I quickly get up and dash towards the bathroom and quickly do my lady things before brushing my teeth and heading downstairs. May stands there cooking breakfast, I mean lunch in the kitchen. "Morning sunshine. How'd you sleep?"

"Good, that's probably why I slept in," I say sitting on the stool. "What're you making?" I ask.

"Toasted Ravioli, here you go," She sets down my meal for me. 

"Thank you," I say. "So do you still need help with the wedding centerpieces? I'm free today and more than willing to help if you need it," I suggest.

"Well I think I got it but if you want to help me you're more than welcomed to,"

I didn't feel like training today so late last night, I decided to text Jed that I'm just going to chill for today. I don't think overworking yourself, especially in something physical, isn't good for your health. My body needs a break and I think that I have been drinking way too much water.

"You're not hanging with the guys today?" May asks me as she grabs herself a plate and sits down across from me.

I shake my head. "No, I thought that I could use a break from all the physical activities. I'm exhausted. The way I just slept in probably confirmed that,"

"Okay," May nods in response.

My fight against Victoria is in 4 days. If I take a rest today, that leaves me about 3 days left to get ready. Not bad considering that I've been spending a lot of time at the gym lately. Heath has been pushing me really hard and I appreciate that.

"Well, I'm done with my lunch. Once you finish head down to the shop so you can get started on one of the centerpieces," May says standing up. I nod my head and watch as she makes her way out of the house and down to the shop.

My phone dings with a notification.

Heath 💞: What're you up to today?

Nothing. I'm just helping May with her flower shop :Me

Heath 💞: Can I come?

Why? :Me

Heath 💞: Well you practically bailed on me today so now I have nothing to do. Please?

Are you asking in a polite form for once Mr. Pierce?? :Me

Heath 💞: Only for you. I'm already heading there right now anyway.