Chapter Thirty-Three

click the star!
*sorry for any mistakes*
don't be afraid to comment!

Pov: Maia Johnson
Mikah's Birthday
Saturday

"my friend got fourty inch hair...bitches love to stare..hm hm hm" Maia mumbled as she put Mikah's gifts together.

Last night before she went to sleep she ran to target and an art supplies store. She was in the shower when she got the idea to get him new supplies, he need some anyway.

she placed the couple pieces of clothing into the gift bag and stuffed them with tissue paper. She did that with every gift, except for the art supplies.

The girl had a burning dislike for wrapping things. She could never get it done, no matter how many times she tried, so she stuck with bags and tissue paper.

Once her tasks of putting things together was completed, she put them into the linen closet and grabbed her lanyard and mask.

"LILLY"

"MMHM"

"I GINE BY GRANNY, THEN GOING BY GINA"

"I HEAR YOU, LEANNA SUPPOSED TO BE PICKING ME UP."

"ORT, BE SAFE"

She locked the door and headed down to Darline.

**

Maia unlocked the door and walked inti the house, the energy was off and it was too quiet in her opinion.

"Granny ?" Maia walked through the house.

"yes love, im in the room." the older lady called out to her grand daughter.

"Hey lady." Maia pressed a kiss to Darline's cheek.

"hmhm hey pretty, i called Mikah but he didn't answer."

"I haven't talked to him yet, im supposed to be heading by Gina soon, you wanna come with ?"

Darline nodded "Yeah sure."

**
15 minutes later, the two were walking into Gina's place.

Maia walked into the kitchen with Darline on her arm.

"Do you not have an apartment?" Maia teased Henry.

He looked up from the newspaper "i do, but i like here better."

Maia rolled her eyes "have you heard from your son today ?"

"You mean the big miserable ogre or the medium foolish one ?" Henry asked as he got up to get mugs for Darline and himself.

"The ogre." Maia set Darline's bag next to the counter.

"Man, his old ass came in yesterday, ain seen him since, i called him, i ain get through, messaged him after, he answered then though, i feel like he working too hard." Henry rambled putting tea bags in the cups.

Maia shook her head "we had conversations about him over working on so many occasions, ima head over to his place and get him, where mama ?"

"She upstairs in the shower."

"Okay ima be right back, call Jamal and tell him pick up the breakfast fruit platters that i ordered, he'll know what im talking about, please." Maia picked up her car keys and grabbed a water bottle from out of the fridge.

"I got you babygirl, be safe."

"Yes please." Maia walked out of the door.

**
She got into her car and made sure the phone was hooked up to the bluetooth before calling Mikah again to see if he answered, he didn't.