̶t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

some time later, the volunteer coordinator comes to tell me that i can go on my lunch break now. as i'm on my way to the makeshift outside seating when i pass by the boy.

i say nothing as i walk by and he responds by waving at me. i give him a head nod and keep walking. i see emma already sitting down at a picnic table, waving vigorously at me.

i wave back to her, not as vigorously as her though, and take a seat opposite of her. emma pushes her half empty basket of cheese fries towards me and i take some.

emma takes a sip of water before speaking, "adya. the guy working the skate rental shop is the most handsome guy ever! and he's literally the nicest person ever. i only got to talk to him for maybe an hour, but i swear!"

i pick up another fry and take a bite, "you're lucky because you know your partner and you find a cute guy that you feel confident enough to talk to."

i sigh as i rest my chin on my other hand and eat my fry. emma scoffs and throws a napkin at my face.

"hey! you're a pretty and wonder person. i bet the cute guy would love to talk to you."

"thanks..." i pick the napkin off my lap to use it on my hands.

✈︎

i'm putting back some rubber ducks back into the pool when the orientation leader makes another round.

"do you want to switch with the obstacle course group?"

"yes please." the boy speaks up as he wipes his hands with a towel.

"i'm down." i agree as i place the last duck in the pool.

"great! follow me."

the guy followed the leader and i trailed behind them, cutting off any small talk opportunities. i continue looking around as the mystery british boy politely speaks to the coordinator.

the sight around me is nice. a bunch of kids laughing and smiling, surrounded by christmas decorations. i hide my face deeper into my jacket as a breeze blows by.

i hear emma before i see her on the inflatable obstacle course. as i walk closer, i see her tall self fall down the rock wall as a guy leaps past her.

"that's not fair! you cheated!"

"maybe you're just too slow!" he laughs as jumps through the hole at the end of the inflatable.

emma slowly gets up and walks the rest of the obstacle course, stepping over a wall of bars and squeezing through the hole. the guy holds his hand out as emma uses his help to stand up.

"oh, hey..." i'm cut off as emma puts her finger on her mouth to shush me.

"you! what's up, friend!" i finish and walk up to her, looping one of my arm's with hers.

"oh, good. you know each other. ask if you can switch with them." the volunteer coordinator says.

"yeah, sure! we loved to switch." the guy offers me a kind smile. i look towards emma as she smiles and i give her a nudge.