Chapter 27-29

Nie Weiru was completely panicked, but she remained still on the surface. She did not want anyone to realize that anything was off. She picked her chopsticks back up and said nothing more this time.

She even forgot about asking money from Ye Fan. All she could think of was that day when she swapped the two babies.

A look of scorn flashed past Ye Fan’s eyes.

At this moment, Ye Li who had been playing with her phone suddenly looked up. When she heard Tang Jin’s name, she instantly turned to look at Ye Fan.

Ye Li’s face was filled with curiosity. “How does Tang Jin look in real life? Is she as pretty as she is on TV? Duan Qi too, what is their relationship like?”

Ye Li cared very much about the matters between Duan Qi and Tang Jin. She had already made the determination that she wanted to break the two of them apart.

Ye Fan’s eyes were cooled. Nie Weiru wanted to avoid mentioning about Tang Jin, but Ye Li wouldn’t stop asking. This was definitely going to piss Nie Weiru off.

At this moment, Nie Weiru slammed her chopsticks down on the table abruptly and spoke in an ill mood. “What are you asking all this nonsense for?”

Ye Li was stunned. She couldn’t understand why Nie Weiru was so angry.

Nie Weiru went on, “Go wash the dishes if you’re done. Lay off with that gossip nonsense.”

Since Nie Weiru was angry, Ye Li didn’t dare to talk either. With a pout, she put her focus back to her food.

Then, the dinner table turned silent.

Ye Fan was glad to have some peace and quiet and went home after the meal, completely ignoring them.

As soon as she got out of Nie Weiru’s house, Ye Fan immediately rushed home, hoping to see her baby soon.

The sky had gradually darkened as Ye Fan made her way home. When she arrived, Dudu had gone out with Nanny Li to play and have yet to return.

Ye Fan sat by herself in the living room. Since her baby wasn’t here, the entire house felt empty.

The sudden silence was hard for Ye Fan to get used to.

She had only been separated from her baby for a short while, but she already missed him dearly.

Just as Ye Fan was about to head back to the room, she heard the sound of the door.

Following that, Nanny Li carried the baby back in, and she set him down on the ground.

When Dudu saw Ye Fan, his eyes brightened and he quickly waddled over to him.

“Mama, mama!”

With his slippers flapping on the ground, he quickly ran over to her.

Ye Fan felt her heart melt. She took a few steps forward and picked up Dudu who crashed into her arms.

“Thank you for watching him, Aunt Li.”

Fortunately, someone was there to look after him, otherwise, Ye Fan was worried that she would not be able to take care of both her baby and work.